February 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 8/18

Re: UO Thursday 8/18

• Options
    The lid on the toilet thing used to not bother me as much. I would joke with him and flip it down. But since I am going pee about a billion times in the night, and I'm exhausted all the time and trying to not wake up TOOO much during my many pee excursions, I'm not firing on all cylinders as I sit, so I sometimes forget to check at night. And then, bam, wet butt. My feeling is, I am baking you a kid, you can remember to flip the seat down so I don't dip my ass in your pee. 

And I can't even wrap my head around not liking cheesecake. There is a place near me that makes a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake that I might need to go buy now, thanks to this thread.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MLRocha my husband does not reciprocate the birthday treats either. I start asking him months before what he wants and plan it all out and then when my birthday comes I'm like , at least buy one from the store?  I usually just make my own so I'm not dissappointed. 
  • Options
    @concreteangell I have to say, if I saw a onesie that said "I shat in my pantaloons," I would probably crack up.

It IS funny, I've seen one. I just wouldn't put it on my kid is all.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    @GlitterDragon lol, I think I saw it at target. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    @lfrank12 YASSSSS thank you that is amazing. 

My UO : because we seem to be food themed this week, I think ketchup sucks.
  • Options
    yogadevil said:
    Rampant gift grabbiness, entitled behavior, public declarations of disappointment via FB how "no one bought off the registry so thanks a lot!" People seemingly proud that they won't thank anyone, others that think their entitled to luxurious gifts, multiple showers, sourpuss attitudes that they aren't getting enough attention, GoFundMe's because 'they didn't get enough at their shower' I guess just entitlement in general. It's a huge pet peeve of mine and in time it really turns me off of maintaining relationships with certain people.
    Is this a real life thing or on the bump thing? I've heard of this before, but only on the bump really not actually a real person doing this.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    Aussie45 said:
    yogadevil said:
    Rampant gift grabbiness, entitled behavior, public declarations of disappointment via FB how "no one bought off the registry so thanks a lot!" People seemingly proud that they won't thank anyone, others that think their entitled to luxurious gifts, multiple showers, sourpuss attitudes that they aren't getting enough attention, GoFundMe's because 'they didn't get enough at their shower' I guess just entitlement in general. It's a huge pet peeve of mine and in time it really turns me off of maintaining relationships with certain people.
    Is this a real life thing or on the bump thing? I've heard of this before, but only on the bump really not actually a real person doing this.
    Yeah, I have never heard of such outrageous behavior.  Someone posted on FB about things not on the registry?  And GoFundMe?  That's craziness.
  • Options
    I like cheesecake but can't eat it due to some kind of lactose thing.  It's sad.   Right now though the thought of it makes me feel ill. 

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Aussie45 and @mfrqk6

It was never all the same person. Mostly just offhand comments here and there. Keep in mind I've also been to 20+ showers and been privy to several more "online showers" for army wives stationed across the country.
  • Options
    Aussie45 said:
    yogadevil said:
    I've only heard of this in advice columns and STFU Parents. But my cousin hosted her own shower for a 2nd baby, didn't invite anyone-- just posted it on facebook as a status and then went OFF on a bunch of us that had missed the memo.
  • Options
    I think this will be seriously unpopular.

I cannot understand the draw of having everyone put posts in their respective categories so as not to "clutter the board".

Are people actually opening up the symptoms thread to see if somebody posted a new symptom? I personally only read new titles. I don't search old ones. Am I doing the bump wrong? I don't get it.
  • Options
    It's like a kitchen. 
    Do you have things just strewn wherever, or do you have things organized? 
    Cups in one cabinet, silverware in another. 
    The board is like that, it's just a fucking mess and you can't find anything. 
  • Options
    2014poppy said:
    I think this will be seriously unpopular.

I cannot understand the draw of having everyone put posts in their respective categories so as not to "clutter the board".

Are people actually opening up the symptoms thread to see if somebody posted a new symptom? I personally only read new titles. I don't search old ones. Am I doing the bump wrong? I don't get it.
    Yes I open the current weeks symptoms thread if I have a new symptom I'm curious about. Also there is a search function so you can search for keywords. With too many random symptom posts the important posts get knocked off to the 2nd pg which will cause more random threads. I like the organization and really appreciate the people who try to keep it that way!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @2014poppy Going along with your example, do you want to have 10 separate threads dedicated to people listing their random symptoms? 

i don't mind random threads but it does get annoying when its nonstop. 
  • Options
    Also @2014poppy after the 87th zika post it really gets boring. Plus the repeats sometimes push down more interesting posts, or important updates. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    yogadevil said:
    @Aussie45 and @mfrqk6

It was never all the same person. Mostly just offhand comments here and there. Keep in mind I've also been to 20+ showers and been privy to several more "online showers" for army wives stationed across the country.
    Wait, hang on, what the F is an "online shower"?????
  • Options
    yogadevil said:
    @Aussie45 and @mfrqk6

Setting up a registry and sending it to a group of people who can't all convene, telling them to send gifts by such and such date. Sometimes opening them on video or Skype, sometimes just posting the link to their own registry saying something like "Since we just PCS'd (moved) and I'm away from all my friends and family, here is my registry so you can all celebrate this baby!"

• Options
    My UO: I enjoyed throwing a shower for my SIL way more than I enjoyed attending my own.

I loathe being the center of attention in large groups, and I got to be mostly in the background while throwing her shower, instead of awkwardly sitting in the middle of mine.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    yogadevil said:
    yogadevil said:
    @Aussie45 and @mfrqk6

Setting up a registry and sending it to a group of people who can't all convene, telling them to send gifts by such and such date. Sometimes opening them on video or Skype, sometimes just posting the link to their own registry saying something like "Since we just PCS'd (moved) and I'm away from all my friends and family, here is my registry so you can all celebrate this baby!"

I guesssssss I wouldn't be mad at a military family who did this, but it comes off really tacky to me...
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I guesssssss I wouldn't be mad at a military family who did this, but it comes off really tacky to me...
    I'm with you. I never thought I'd be the pearl clutching type, but the bolded made me reach for 'em... I guess if it was worded in a particular way I could see it.

Edit: Ugh, the formatting turned out totally borked. Sorry, I had a bump-fail
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany that's what drives me nutso about the mil wives community though.. it's perfectly acceptable to be tacky for some reason. I still side eye it. 
  • Options
    homemake said:
    I guess this is an UO considering today's posts but I love all desserts. Cake, cookies, pies, brownies, cheesecake, donuts, ice cream...you name it. Give me alllll the desserts. 

Fun fact, I was at one point enrolled in baking school. 
    Me too, for both! 

And yes, you're doing it wrong if you're making a new post for every.single.thing when there are designated posts for them.  If you don't like it, there's a big red X in the top right hand corner of the page.  

Click there and save us all the whining. 
    I think this was unnecessarily harsh.  
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • Options
    I like the organization but I feel like the people who start new threads aren't going to care when they are reminded of the existing threads. By all means, keep fighting the good fight but someone who just pops in to use the board as a their personal Google to ask about OhmygoshZika aren't going to care enough to put their post in the right place next time. 
  • Options
    SweetT said:
    I like the organization but I feel like the people who start new threads aren't going to care when they are reminded of the existing threads. By all means, keep fighting the good fight but someone who just pops in to use the board as a their personal Google to ask about OhmygoshZika aren't going to care enough to put their post in the right place next time. 
    Yeah it's always the randos...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ok I hear where people are coming from. My opinion's unpopular! Im not going on a crusade to change how things are done.

Personally i just don't mind a bunch of new posts and I click on the title if it's interesting to me. I don't open the app knowing what I'm looking for, I just look at new posts. Doing it wrong.