Missouri Babies

Mommy groups?

Does anyone know of any mommy groups around KCK? I had my first baby in October and am a stay-at-home mom. Usually I'm fine with being home most of the time but as the little one is playing more I feel like I should make more of an effort to get out with him and could do with making some new friends for myself.

Re: Mommy groups?

• That would be so nice. I'm getting so tired of the apartment and the cats and all the stuff I'm not getting done. Ugh. Just to have that little break and get out would be heaven. I will admit that it's better since LO is playing and interacting more but now I'm feeling more guilty that he doesn't have playmates.
  • I'm in Overland Park and would also like to find play groups. My baby girl was born in October and getting active, I would love to see how she responds to other babies.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard some people suggest trying breastfeeding support groups, and I know there's a free one through Shawnee Mission Medical Center, but I haven't felt like it's right for us since we're now formula feeding. If you're BF maybe it would be something to try? That or maybe we need to get together and start our own group sometime.
  • If you live close to south KC area The Brookside Moms Association is an awesome group. Each playgroup is organized by your child's age vI've made a lot of great friends since I joined in January. It's $30 a year, but most of that money is donated to a local children's charity. You can check them out at Brooksidemoms.org. Hope that helps!
  • little_brenlittle_bren member
    edited August 2015
    I live in N. OP and would be interested also.

ETA: DD is 22 mos

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm interested in meeting others moms in the KC area! Baby is due Jan 7, 2016! I'm new to town and know very few people.
  • Me too. Due early March 2015.
  • Me too. Due early March 2015.

Do you mean 2016? I'm due March 2, 2016!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Oops yes! March 2016!
  • I'm just going to start putting this out there if anyone is interested. We've been going to West Flanders Park in Shawnee most evenings. It's a small family friendly park and the playground is great for younger kids and babies plus there's a half mile walking path and two shelter houses. There's always someone there to socialize with.
  • I'm just going to start putting this out there if anyone is interested. We've been going to West Flanders Park in Shawnee most evenings. It's a small family friendly park and the playground is great for younger kids and babies plus there's a half mile walking path and two shelter houses. There's always someone there to socialize with.

Hey! That's not too far from me. We normally take LO walking at Antioch park. It's so close to us we can just walk. It's actually a lot bigger than it looks! How old are your LOs?
  • @korpatch My dad actually lives at the edge of Antioch Park but I don't think I've been there since I was a kid. I keep meaning to get out there. I think my son would love the play village.

My son will be two in October and my daughter is 8 months.
  • I can't wait till my son is old enough for the play village! My nephew is old enough and we plan on taking him one of these days. I entered through the rose garden and the pond side and thought that was all there was till I heard the playground noises and went to find them. It really is such a pretty park!!
  • How old is your son?
  • Mizuiro007Mizuiro007 member
    edited August 2016
    Whoops! Double post  :s
  • 4.5 months. Lol... It will be a bit before play grounds. 
  • Lol yes but the times goes so fast.