March 2017 Moms
Options

Symptom Thread - 8/15

Re: Symptom Thread - 8/15

• Options
    Does anyone else wake up extremely thirsty? I'm to the point where I'm drinking probably 20 ounces of water during the night but I still wake up parched.  Pre-pregnancy I probably averaged between 80 and 100 ounces of water a day but I guess that's still not enough.  I plan to talk to my doctor about it, but I'm curious if anyone else is struggling with drinking enough water.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @newmommyZ spotting is the worst. I had a bit last week and my doctor put my mind at ease. hopefully you can get in and see your doc maybe? 
    Praying it's nothing serious! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bok Bagok said:
    @Wishilivedinflorida I feel the same way, I feel best in the morning and as the day goes on it gets so much worse. Like right now, I feel so nauseous and motion sickness. As a side question why on Earth do you want to live in FL? I live here and I absolutely hate it. We have a three year plan to get out, it can't come fast enough!

Stuck in the box 

@bok bagok I created my username in the dead of northeast wintertime while reminiscing about my recent trip to Florida. I'm terrible at creating usernames, so there you have it!
    I can understand that! Once we move back north, I'm sure we'll do the same :)
  • Options
    @kap1988 I'm thirsty non stop.... No matter how much I drink during the day..... :(  I feel super waterlogged....
  • Options
    @kap1988 I'm thirsty non stop.... No matter how much I drink during the day..... :(  I feel super waterlogged....
    It's pretty annoying and definitely doesn't help with the peeing.  I think I peed 4 times last night. I'm going to try infusing the water with fruit or drinking tea for some portion of it because it's just sooo much water.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kap1988 said:
    Does anyone else wake up extremely thirsty? I'm to the point where I'm drinking probably 20 ounces of water during the night but I still wake up parched.  Pre-pregnancy I probably averaged between 80 and 100 ounces of water a day but I guess that's still not enough.  I plan to talk to my doctor about it, but I'm curious if anyone else is struggling with drinking enough water.

im terribly thirsty at night too. I have a 20oz bottle at my bedside, and I have to refill it, which leads to me going to pee. but if I don't drink water I feel really bad too.

I think im told to drink at least a gallon a day cus of the babies.

SaveSave
  • Options
    kap1988 said:
    Yes! I think I'm breathing through my mouth more when I sleep now because deep breathing seems to ease the nausea a little. Could be more to it though?
  • Options
    My symptoms have subsided quite a bit. I previously was nauseous in the mornings and had gas, heartburn etc. Now I just have slightly tender breasts. It's worrisome. I've heard that around 9 weeks that your placenta takes over some of the hormones and that your body gets used to it. I am just terrified it means something else 
  • Options
    @GG620 ahhhh the constipation! I'm freaking out a little. It's been two weeks since I've had anything more than a few tiny bits come out. My belly is huge and terribly uncomfortable. I've been taking Colace daily, tons of water, fiber, prune juice, pear juice, coffee...nothing. My OB gave me a list of safe meds and has Fleet Enema listed on it but I've never done one and I'm scared to. But I think I will today. I'm not sure if I can even make it through work today, I'm so miserable and nervous about a bowel blockage or something! 

Other than that, I've been feeling a lot better lately in terms of m/s. 11+5 today. Yesterday I did have some nausea and body aches and headache but I have a feeling it was related to the constipation. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had some crazy pain in the front of my left hip yesterday into last night and the only thing that helped was a heating pad (well, my heated mattress pad, actually). It felt like RLP, but I feel like it's too early for that. 

My morning sickness and fatigue have definitely intensified over the past few days, but other symptoms like tender breasts and bloating have subsided a bit. It makes me a bit nervous to lose symptoms.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 10+2, and the begining of the week was wonderful for me. I was only having exhaustion and nausea was pretty much gone.

As of last night however I spotted a tiny amount of blood when I used the restroom, and again this morning. Both times it was just a slight spot and done, but being a FTM it has me nervous. I have an appointment Friday, so if it doesn't get worse I'll notify my doctor then. I haven't been having any cramps or anything, but I have been having back pain.

I am still getting some other symptoms too, last night I accidentally hit my boob on something and lord did it hurt.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    @longliveregina I want to thank you for the picture of the literature your midwife gave you. It put my mind at ease. I did indeed lift something heavy yesterday and the spotting didn't start until after. I'm going to make sure I'm more careful...
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    9 weeks + 4 days....
    I feel awful. My stomach is unsettled all day, from the moment I wake up and only gets worse unless I eat. I have to eat like every hour. I haven't vomited which I can't decide if I'd rather that or not. The exhaustion struggle is real. My boobs are so sore, but it does seem that I am worse off in the PM. Completely useless after noon. @Wishilivedinflorida

My doctor prescribed Diclegis and it seemed to be helping, but the last couple days my gag game is strong and I can barely step foot in the kitchen.

And this heat wave is for the damn birds. I am so hot all the time!

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm just so damn tired that I don't care about anything right now. Too many meetings today and I just want to tell everyone that none of it matters (which of course it does, but don't bother me with your issues right now).
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    TMI maybe, but am currently experiencing my second UTI this pregnancy. Anyone else going through something like this?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited August 2016
    @liepertsm I'm not, but I'm curious as to what your symptoms are (if any). I've had trouble completely voiding my bladder since shortly after my BFP and have to practically triple-void at every other bathroom break. I did have my urine tested for UTI as part of the panel of tests done at my first OB appt. and it was negative. I'm just surprised I don't have something going on, given the voiding trouble. 
  • Options
    liepertsmliepertsm member
    edited August 2016
    The first time I didn't really have any symptoms...they tested my urine at my first appointment and called me later saying that I had an infection. This time though I was feeling some uh...discomfort...and feeling the need to go more frequently so I called in and they had me come give a sample. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    I feel sooooo stuffed all the time. I'm so thirsty but the more I drink the more stuffed I feel. It's horrible. I haven't had any vomiting yet but being so full almost makes me feel like I would feel better if I actually were to be sick. I didn't eat supper 3 nights in a row because I feel so full. Anyone else? 

I wish I felt stuffed! I'm hungry ALL THE TIME. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jteraye88 said:
    So I hope u guys can laugh about this cuz I am.... So I'm 11 weeks and thought I had escaped first trimester without any morning sickness.... I thought wrong. I was at work, on the phone with a client, when I got the feeling.  I hung up the phone n ran to the bathroom. (Its stall style, so no trashcans, they are all built in) I was trying to figure out if I had time to pee before I had to throw up... I didn't... as I'm throwing up I feel pee running down my legs. Let's just say my bf had to go bring me a pair of fresh undies (I had on a dress so no damage). I had to go commando until he got here, which was around lunch time.... At first I was embarrassed, but now I just laugh. :D

I always think.. do I have to pee 1st!? then I pee is like. well ok how can I hold it in w/out throwing up?

This morning I had a gag reflex while brushing my teeth. oh man let me tell u. I felt so terrible............... it was like.... so ready to come back out

SaveSave
  • Options
    @jteraye88 That suuuuucks. The peeing while barfing has happened to me twice -- fortunately while I was at home.

@mrsyimster The gagging while brushing my teeth is what has made me throw up about 75% of the times it has happened.

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    chrlyr said:
    @jteraye88 That suuuuucks. The peeing while barfing has happened to me twice -- fortunately while I was at home.

@mrsyimster The gagging while brushing my teeth is what has made me throw up about 75% of the times it has happened.

ahh!!!!!!!

SaveSave
  • Options
    9 weeks today. I keep telling myself surely this will get better soon! I'm narcoleptic so I am naturally exhausted but I'm experiencing a first for me...insomnia! It's after 1AM right now and I'm sitting in bed trying to figure out how to get comfortable. When I lie down, the nausea is unbearable. Nights are the worst for me! I have Diclegis and Zofran prescribed and they do help but I still get super nauseous from early afternoon into the middle of the night. Because of the exhaustion, constant nausea and hormones, I feel so sorry for my DH! I catch myself saying some of the most hateful things and once my rational self realizes what my hormonal self is doing, I feel so terrible and apologize non-stop. I'm definitely hoping everything balances out soon...for the sake of my marriage! ;) And the thought of sex these days makes me want to gag. My poor DH! I feel like the worst wife ever! 
  • Options
    That totally happened to me! Also yesterday I sneezed so hard that I started throwing up....
  • Options
    Maybe TMI: I haven't gone pee while puking but I get diarhea during the first trimester so I basically puke into the sink or shower while on the toilet. It's very classy and I feel like a real winner. 
  • Options
    @MahiMama I know this constipation well. Gah! Last pregnancy I had several days of vomiting that I believe we're related to severe constipation. Col ace has helped me, but then sometimes it gives me the opposite! I almost pooped my pants the other day after taking one the night before. So not fun! Pregnancy can be so humiliating!
  • Options
    Maybe TMI: I haven't gone pee while puking but I get diarhea during the first trimester so I basically puke into the sink or shower while on the toilet. It's very classy and I feel like a real winner. 
    That exact scenario happened to me right before my spotting drama last week. Very attractive. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My sister told me that she always carried an extra set of clothes in her car during pregnancy. Apparently this happened to her more than once.

She still carries an extra set of clothes for herself and the 5 year old because inevitably, something will happen and she'll get dirty trying to deal with it.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    I take back what I said in the MS encouragement thread. Threw up this morning. Granted it was the only morning shift I've had to work all week but ughhhh I hate it. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I would make it this morning without throwing up, normally that's the first thing I do. So I took my medicine and ate some food right away.... then I threw up my breakfast 5 minutes later. Last time I try to outsmart this morning sickness. One day at a time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina I feel your pain and I hope it doesn't happen to you again! It's been nearly daily for 6 weeks for me... I have lost 10 pounds and not in a good way.
  • Options
    SOS I haven't popped in two days. #ConstipationHell #TMI? 
  • Options
    I would love to poop every two days. Lol Just DO NOT TRY DULCOLAX (the laxative)... It will make your stomach cramp and your butt throw up. Lol. Its more misery and when you combine that with constipation its unbearable
  • Options
    jteraye88 said:
    I would love to poop every two days. Lol Just DO NOT TRY DULCOLAX (the laxative)... It will make your stomach cramp and your butt throw up. Lol. Its more misery and when you combine that with constipation its unbearable
    The mental image of a butt throwing up is simultaneously disturbing and hilarious
  • Options
    I felt like I had to burp... Which turned into puking in the shower....well....... I started laughing after #ihadnocontrol 

SaveSave
  • Options
    When I do poop it's like.. How to get hemorrhoid 101. Hurts like hell. Then it bleeds a little and im
    alwasys freaking out like making sure it's not spotting. Sigh 

SaveSave
  • Options
    When I do poop it's like.. How to get hemorrhoid 101. Hurts like hell. Then it bleeds a little and im
    Stool softeners, woman! My OB recommends Colace. 
    I actually had SOME relief after I started drinking prune juice and pear nectar (not together). 
    But I might be in some serious trouble, guys. I finally gave in and tried an enema today, and....nothing. Milk of mag is next on my list. It's not on my approved list but my OB said its ok in this case because I haven't had a real BM in over two weeks!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MahiMama said:
    Stool softeners, woman! My OB recommends Colace. 
    I actually had SOME relief after I started drinking prune juice and pear nectar (not together). 
    But I might be in some serious trouble, guys. I finally gave in and tried an enema today, and....nothing. Milk of mag is next on my list. It's not on my approved list but my OB said its ok in this case because I haven't had a real BM in over two weeks!
    Thanks! Im going to try the prune juice and pear! I go through days of constipation or diahrea. I also take my iron at night, sometimes that helps. But the last few days has been bad! 

SaveSave
  • Options
    So I am home from work right now due to the interventions from yesterday finally working. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER this morning because the pain in my upper abdomen was so crazy bad! And then things started moving. My OB nurse said it sounds like my colon was blocked and it's finally gotten itself moving again. But now I have been chained to my bathroom....all day long. And this is REALLY not a good day for me to not be at work! I've been doing what I can from home but I feel awful about it. 

Given the the extreme nature of my erhm....situation, my OB nurse said I might need to just start taking miralax daily for the rest of this pregnancy! 
    BabyFetus Ticker