Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

New loss

Hi there, I'm very new to this community, mostly a lurker. But we believe I've experienced a miscarriage at what would've been 6 weeks from my LMP.  The cramping has been the worst, the bleeding hasn't been quite as bad. My HCG level never really went up far. I went from 128 on July 22 to 178 on the 30th and yesterday it was at 186.  How is it the HCG level went up a little even though I've really no doubt I've lost this pregnancy.  My doctor isn't in until Friday unfortunately.

I'm just a bundle of emotions and I'm not really sure how to feel. As I was making my peace with impending motherhood, it seemed to swing the other way. I want the closure of being able to say I lost it, I really don't like waiting :/

Re: New loss

• Options
    @cfitzner I am so sorry you are in this situation. Waiting for answers is so difficult. Prayers to you.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    Thank you so much, @NewMommyCoop
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cfitzner I am new to this board as well. I just recently starting posting in the TTCAL board, and have found that the women are a wonderful support group with a wealth of knowledge. I hope you get answers very soon.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry. Waiting and the testing is the worst...besides the rollercoaster of emotions. I think one of the best pieces of advice I received was let the emotions happen. If you need to cry, cry. Don't be afraid to be emotional. This board and TTAL is super helpful. Hugs to you
    Me: 34     DH:33
    Married: March 2008
    TTC: Jan 2016
    BFP: 6/9/2016.   MC: 6/20/2016
    TTAL: Aug 2016
  • Options
    I miscarried between week 6 and 7, my hcg went up to about 1100, and it did keep going up (though not the appropriate amount) before it went down. 

It was a tough week getting blood drawn, waiting for hcg results and not having answers. 

I am sorry for your loss. mine was very physically painful. I miscarried at home. 

Be gentle with yourself right now and really try to take as good care of yourself as you can. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. I guess I'm just very impatient, it's my way of dealing (i.e. this has happened, now I grieve and move into the next phase) and it's becoming obvious this situation isn't conducive to my method.

I've only had the one hcg test this week so far, but I anticipate further ones once my doctor is in touch. I've really no doubt, my cramping started on Monday and continued for pretty much two days. The blood has never been heavy but there have been a lot of clots and I still get tenderness and pangs in the lower abdomen. I barely felt pregnant in the first place and I definitely don't now.

It's hard to be gentle with oneself when it's not ones way.
  • Options
    I finally heard from my doctor this morning. She's trying to get me in for an ultrasound as soon as she can. Though I'm not sure what if anything can be gleaned from it, since it's so early, I think she wants to rule out an ectopic pregnancy (though my hcg levels don't suggest it).

Thank you everyone. I've been reading through the board and finding a bit of comfort that I am not alone.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for what you're going through, hope you can get some answers soon. Hugs
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    Hoping you get answers soon... hopefully a good answer!  If not, there is a lot of support here.  I'm sorry you have to go through the whole waiting game though.
    <a href="http://www.lightshinesbright.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">My faith-filled pregnancy loss blog</a><br>
  • Options
    Thank you <3 I had the ultrasound and another blood test on Friday but I can't get in to the doctor until tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to having a better idea of what's gone on.
  • Options
    It looks like the end is in sight, my hcg level dropped from 266 on Friday to 34 today. It's bittersweet but in a way a relief that my body will go back to normal soon.
  • Options
    Hugs to you. It took me about 5 weeks from loss date to get my period. I hope this time passes quickly for you and you can move forward with healing!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Thank you <3 Results from my beta on Saturday is down to 6 and the ultrasound showed an empty uterus, I don't require further testing. I appreciate all of the support.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. xoxo

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016