June 2016 Moms
Options

Don't want to sleep in my own bed....

My son is almost 11 weeks and i have not slept in my bed since the night before he was born.  Ive been sleeping on the couch (which is extremely comfy and reclines, i must add) while holding him since he was born. I did this with my first child until week 8 and then went into bed to co sleep. But, this time, im emotionally having trouble because my bed reminds me of being pregnant and i miss it so dearly. Anyone else have post partum emotions over not being pregnant anymore? Most people think I'm crazy because i, with both pregnancys, have trouble with the fact that it's over and the baby is no longer in my belly. I love my babies more than life but i still have issues thinking about wanting to be pregnant still. 

Re: Don't want to sleep in my own bed....

• Options
    I do, it was worse right after he was born. I felt like the end was so aburpt. But it's gotten so much better. I still miss feeling him move sometimes but then I look at his sweet face and move on. 
  • Options
    Mine ds2 came four weeks early so I feel cheated out of the whole nine month experience lol. That being said I already want to be pregnant again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I still feel like I wanna feel those kicks and have those moments where I just sit in a chair and talk to my belly.  When your pregnant, you never have to worry about waking them or dropping them and it just felt more secure.  It will pass I think when our baby's are more fun.
  • Options
    I liked my body so much better pregnant! And I felt so healthy... now I feel like I'm wearing a saggy fat suit : (
  • Options
    Yes, I still feel like I wanna feel those kicks and have those moments where I just sit in a chair and talk to my belly.  When your pregnant, you never have to worry about waking them or dropping them and it just felt more secure.  It will pass I think when our baby's are more fun.
    I don't necessarily miss being pregnant but I do miss knowing that he was naturally (and automatically) being taken care of while in my body. I knew he was safe, healthy, and getting everything he needed. There wasn't much of a guessing game as there is now.
  • Options
    I don't necessarily miss being pregnant but I do miss knowing that he was naturally (and automatically) being taken care of while in my body. I knew he was safe, healthy, and getting everything he needed. There wasn't much of a guessing game as there is now.
    Yes! I wouldn't mind being pregnant longer if they could come out talking... or at least ready to learn our language while making very clear hand gestures, lol. Can you imagine?!
  • Options
    Lizbeth86 said:
    Yes! I wouldn't mind being pregnant longer if they could come out talking... or at least ready to learn our language while making very clear hand gestures, lol. Can you imagine?!

I mean, horses come out running and we humans come out unable to do really anything...
  • Options
    That's hysterical!!  :D
  • Options
    Hahaha!