2nd Trimester

Mistaken Gender pics??

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a sono pic that was said to be a boy, that turned out to be a girl??? Or a sono pic with the cord that looks like a boy but is a girl??

We aren't officially finding out and I thought I saw boy parts at today's scan (I am 18.5 weeks) and my husband is convinced that it had to be the cord b/c it was too large for boy parts. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience where it was thought to be a boy based on sono, but was actually a girl!

Re: Mistaken Gender pics??

• During my U/S, hubby thought he was looking at a penis 3 different times. We had a girl so not sure what he was looking at!!!
  • Thanks so much Clairemwalker!!!!! It makes it all the more fun waiting knowing that I didn't definitively see the parts :):)  Thanks for your kind reply!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • sherbear4561sherbear4561 member
    edited August 2016
    Momof1 said:

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a sono pic that was said to be a boy, that turned out to be a girl??? Or a sono pic with the cord that looks like a boy but is a girl??

We aren't officially finding out and I thought I saw boy parts at today's scan (I am 18.5 weeks) and my husband is convinced that it had to be the cord b/c it was too large for boy parts. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience where it was thought to be a boy based on sono, but was actually a girl!

You can't get images of a baby'shower gender - gender will be decided when the baby identifies as male or female. You can get pictures of the genital area of baby to determine the Sex of your child.

You don't want to find out then enjoy the ultrasound pictures and don't drive yourself crazy. You are not ultrasound techs neither are interested strangers, enjoy being team green and you will soon find out the sex of your child. 

Was simply asking if anyone accidentally saw parts and had it wind up being "not" parts. Thanks.
  • My husband has an aunt, who did find out the sex of their baby during an ultrasound. The tech said the baby was a girl. They painted the nursery pink and had a girl baby shower. Due Date came, and the baby turned out to be a boy! 

Also when the tech is looking at everything, to me I think it's hard to focus quickly on the parts and get a good guess. Unless your tech printed out an obvious crotch shot, I wouldn't think much into what you might or might not have seen. It does make it fun for you and your husband to ponder on until the baby comes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've heard a lot of people who have had theirs been wrong, but it seems most of them were told they were having girls but they were boys. Not the other way around. I feel like sometimes there are no mistaking those boy parts!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • The doctor told us  our 2nd son was a girl, then he was born. He was definitely not a girl. Lol
  • Well I took the genetic test and they said a girl then had a ultrasound at 23 weeks and still a girl