October 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday (Aug 10)

This is going to be me at work today! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday (Aug 10)

• Options
    WTF General Motors? You are a multi-billion dollar company, yet you can't provide your employees with air conditioning, or even proper air flow with working vents in the ceiling?! It's going to creep up to 95 degrees today, and the humidity is already intense. Ugh. Bring on the boob sweat. 
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    Nope nope nope! I'd be working from home today @mrskratt
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrskratt I worked at Copper Tubing Factory that refused to install air conditioning around the plant. They claimed it would cause condensation to buildo up in the tube and damage the product. 5 years and 1 pregnancy I dealt with it before finally high tailing it.
  • Options
    @mrskratt what do you do there? I can't imagine working somewhere like that while pregnant, seeing as I can barely work from home and stay comfortable. 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I told myself I wouldn't do another pregnancy here.... And here I am. It's been a hot summer! Did you work until the end of your last pregnancy there? I did with my last, but she was born in January. What makes it even worse now is that I have to walk down 3 flights of stairs to get to the bathroom (along with SPD). I keep telling myself I'm going to ask my midwife to take me out of work, but for some reason I feel so guilty. 

• Options
    @sjo_thetwins I run a press that stamps sheet metal into car parts. So I'm constantly climbing in and out of the press, wiping them out, picking up sheets of steel, etc. It is pretty labor intensive, especially for a pregnant woman. I kind of got sucked in here. I hired in right out of high school and have amazing benefits. I went to college for 3 years and stopped because I realized that I would be taking a huge pay cut. I've been trying to find something else I can do, because I don't love my job at all, it's just been hard. 

• Options
    @mrskratt that's just shitty and not right. So sorry.  :/

WTF head cold!! 3 times this pregnancy. I'm over it!  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    @mrskratt You are tougher than I am! I could not do that kind of work, or work in that kind of heat, like this. I hope you do talk to your midwife tho since we're getting so close to the end. I'm going to be worrying about you all day now! Drink lots of water!!

@MRSCORKER I slop everything on my belly these days. I choose to blame it on my carpal tunnel. Lol

Why is it on the one day I can sleep in, I'm up early? Wtf?! Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @mrskratt well kudos to you, woman! I couldn't imagine. But, I understand the pay. Gotta do what ya gotta do, and I'm impressed you haven't cracked yet. :) 
  • Options
    @mrskratt I worked until HR kicked me out (on my due date, DD arrived 2 weeks later on Oct. 13). But, it was a nesting thing for me, I NEEDED to be making money in my mind. So I understand why you stay, even if it's miserably uncomfortable for you. I probably would have delivered that baby there had they let me haha the whole maintenance department had it planned out to wheel up a cart covered in plastic wrap, get out the WD40 and biggest pair of vice grips we had just in case ;) Looking back, I couldn't even imagine doing that this time around... I was a lot tougher then. I've gotten soft since I left that place. You are my hero for being able to do it again! Do take it as easy on yourself as you can though if you stay to term, I think I could have prevented some of my body pains and hemorrhoids had I just slowed down some.
  • Options
    @mrskratt I have nothing but respect for you for sticking that out. You are a better woman than I am! 
    @MRSCORKER This is me with pretty much all food. I'm constantly a mess.
    @krzyriver That is the worst. Internal clocks can be a b*tch.

WTF random night wakings? I keep waking up 2 or 3 and staying awake for at least 2 hours. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @amye102485 Oh man, that was happening to me back in my second trimester. I would wake up around 2 or 3 and would have to get up and eat something light or read for a little, because I would go crazy laying there trying to go back to sleep.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @mrskratt, you are superwoman. That job sounds enormously challenging, even without being pregnant! 

WTF vacation, you were awesome but you set DS back about 3 years with nighttime toilet training. He was so tired from our busy days on the lake he didn't wake up at night (he wears Good Nites so we let it slide). Now that we are home, he isn't readjusting back to his old routine very well. Hoping his body starts to wake up again soon  :/
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    @mrskratt Now I feel guilty for all the times I'm complained about working my desk job while pregnant. Seriously impressed. Hope you manage to stay cool!!

@MRSCORKER I'm with you on the boob/bump food stains. When I'm running late for work, I'll bring my breakfast to eat in my car, so I get massive food stains before I even step foot into my office. So professional.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @suzy311 that's me every day. Who has time to eat breakfast at home when you could be sleeping 5 minutes more? ;) 
  • Options
    @mrskratt Well, it seems like we both work in the same industry field, however here in Mexico at least at the company I work for, pregnant women can be around press or welding stations. So when then notify HR that they are pregnant they get reassigned. Mine is a desk work but anyways I'm not allowed to get near welding stations due to the heat, and yes the shop floor temperature feels like hell. You are a tough woman :) I admire you!
  • Options
    @krzyriver Hahaha, I mean pregnancy has made me such a klutz, I wouldn't even be surprised at this point!

@ashleyp625 Exactly! Gotta get in all the sleep we can :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    whoa @mrskratt you have super powers! I resolve to not complain about my desk job for the rest of my pregnancy. :) But, in the meantime, please take care of yourself! 
  • Options
    WTF Carpal Tunnel I am so over you and would just like to chop my hand off at this point!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    wtf electricity.
    Tanzania is known for regular power cuts. We've had months upon months of every other day cuts from 7am-7pm. Miraculously the past week or so there have been no cuts! Then today, on my day off, the power cuts at 8am  :#  when all I wanted to do is sit on my computer all day! But my battery only lasts like 3 hours.

(Thankfully it came back at 6pm so here I am again.)
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @mrskratt  you're my hero
  • Options
    @SoInLoveCJ2011  ME TOO!! My right wrist has been KILLING me since last week. I never had this before. I'm tempted to get it checked. My wrist is swollen and very painful.  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    mizzkbrat said:
    @mrskratt  you're my hero
    Ditto!

+1 for all of my shirts having stains on my belly
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTF to this camp! They set up an Olympic activity day outside for the kids, just for the morning, but it's 107'F outside with the humidity.  I had my sunblock, hat and plenty of water, but for the last half hour I've been sitting beside the AC (that they finally realized the vent needs to go outside) trying to cool off.  It's working, but soon I'll have to leave the blowing air to go back to the thick heat of the school.

This on top of not sleeping at all last night.  I was achy and just couldn't get comfortable enough to get a good sleep. I'm sure I slept some, but it wasn't deep.  Now I'm here, hot and exhausted and would like nothing more than to go home, have a cool bath and take a 3 hour nap!

2.5 more days to go!

@mrskratt I'm extra hot just reading what you do!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have what appears to be an old food stain on my boob so it looks like I'm leaking today. 
  • Options
    SoInLoveCJ2011 & sportiegrl1213 Agreed. wtf Carpal Tunnel.  I've even resulted into using sports wrap and wrapping my wrists on occasion because of the pain, I may need to break down and just find the wrist wraps/braces I used during my first pregnancy.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LauraPCOS  glad they finally figured out the vent had to go OUTSIDE for the ac unit to work 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    WTF to this entire day. Woke up feeling emotionally strained, made myself go into work, then found out that my husband won't be able to attend my sister's wedding with me because work won't let him off. I'm skipping exercise tonight, crawling into bed with Gilmore Girls, chocolate, and chips, and God help anyone who comes and disrupts my peace and quiet.

• Options
    Wtf body? Baby was head down at 29 weeks. 30 weeks he is breech. Same thing happened with my second baby. :( I feel like history is repeating itself and I'm going to have no choice but a RCS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 girl YES. I started rewatching in anticipation of the new season on Netflix and have now become completely wrapped up again. I love it! Never lets me down. 

• Options
    Sorry you had a rough day, @lindzers! Sounds like the perfect recovery plan though. 
  • Options
    @ashleyp625 It has not been the best.

I feel stupid because I got my hopes up about my husband being able to attend the wedding, even though I knew I should be skeptical. But I couldn't help hoping. Just one of those days where I didn't want to be around anyone. 

• Options
    MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited August 2016
    @lindzsers That happened to me last year. My cousin got married in Georgia, we live in MD so the whole family was road tripping down for the long weekend. At the last minute, my H had to work and couldn't go. I was SO BUMMED. I had to go on a road trip with my family without him. It sucked. I hope the Gilmore Girls help lift your spirits, they can fix almost anything. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    That sucks @MRSCORKER :( I'm sure having him along would have made a road trip and celebration much more fun. I just hate that everyone everywhere can't get out for special events like a wedding. If I ran the world, everyone would. She's my only sister, and my husband and her are so close - like brother and sister - and it just won't be the same. 

The Gilmores are helping. I just watched the episode where Jess and Dean get in that epic fight and I found it pleasantly cathartic. 

• Options
    All you ladies are too sweet  :*
    But I promise, I'm not that fabulous ;) When you feel like you gotta do what you gotta do, you just make it work. 
    (saying this as I'm icing my undercarriage)

• Options
    Wtf to my work... after a sell out everthing has changed. The most concerning change for me is a decrease  in our benefits. The previous company offered long term short term disability. the new company does not. Our policies were cancelld and we were refunded our prepaid premiums. This all only weeks before mny maternity leave. I had planned on using short term disabilty to pay for 6 weeks of leave. Now it will be entirely unpaid. Just an extra bit of stress on FI and me. 
  • Options
    @allison.smith.6212 @SoInLoveCJ2011 @sportiegrl1213

Have you ladies talked to your doctor about steroid injections in your wrists for the carpal tunnel? My OB referred me to a plastic surgeon for the injections as mine was so severe in both hands (pre-existing before pregnancy). I had it done May 30th and it has completely taken it away. I couldn't even function before. They say it doesn't work for everyone but I had great success. They also say it's not permanent but they are hoping it gets me through to birth, at which point if the injections have worn off, it'll go back to how it was before, which was somewhat manageable. I am in Canada so I don't know if things are different here but I highly recommend it!