Me: 26 ; FI: 27
    DS1: 5 ; DS2: 4m
    Baby #3 Due 9/7/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited August 2016
    @SpaceBurger Oh yes. It *can* get worse. The closer you get to your due date, the more copious it tends to get. Sexy, I know.

Edit for spellz.
  • LizaKate1213LizaKate1213 member
    edited August 2016
    Ok, I'm back after a summer break for a while! And man, I can't believe how close we are getting! Newest symptom, alongside right upper back pain, right hip pain, major hemorrhoids are "mask of pregnancy" (my face is all discolored) and, most horrible of all...**TMI** my vagina is prolapsed/inverting. As in, turning inside out and physically coming out of me. I have to do kegels pretty much all day, every day, and will need pelvic floor physical therapy and possibly surgery after baby is born. Right now it is "mild" but could get worse, especially after delivery. So far my cervix and uterus are still up and in place, fingers crossed they stay there! Sigh.
    BabyGaga
  • @LizaKate1213 Wow... FX for you AND your vagina you poor dear, that sounds like it's also quite painful =/ 
  • @SpaceBurger Oh yes. It *can* get worse. The closer you get to your due date, the more copious it tends to get. Sexy, I know.

Edit for spellz.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • @LizaKate1213 - you win. FX it gets better.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Thanks, @AllyTheKid and @MorganL925! Thankfully it isn't painful, and I only notice slight pressure/discomfort occasionally. I really hope pelvic PT can fix the issue after delivery!
    BabyGaga
  • @Kaessi I've definitely been noticing panic attacks almost getting triggered more often lately (haven't had a real one in a while) I think bc of how difficult breathing is...it's like being forced to participate in interoceptive exposure therapy. Heat doesn't help me either, I'm always more flustered when I'm warm even when not pregnant. What helps me sometimes if I can't change the temp or setting altogether is going somewhere cooler (the bathroom, even if just to run cold water over your hands) to catch my breath, and reminding myself that it's not anything causing me to panic but is just the baby crowding my lungs and my heat intolerance. Hope you feel better!
  • Thanks, @AllyTheKid and @MorganL925! Thankfully it isn't painful, and I only notice slight pressure/discomfort occasionally. I really hope pelvic PT can fix the issue after delivery!
    So sorry you have this extra stress to deal with PP. FX that PT fixes everything!
  • @Kaessi I've definitely been noticing panic attacks almost getting triggered more often lately (haven't had a real one in a while) I think bc of how difficult breathing is...it's like being forced to participate in interoceptive exposure therapy. Heat doesn't help me either, I'm always more flustered when I'm warm even when not pregnant. What helps me sometimes if I can't change the temp or setting altogether is going somewhere cooler (the bathroom, even if just to run cold water over your hands) to catch my breath, and reminding myself that it's not anything causing me to panic but is just the baby crowding my lungs and my heat intolerance. Hope you feel better!

**attempt at double quote was a total fail - read here**
    Yes to this. I had anxiety pre-pregnancy when I was stressed and the combination of my very real fears about birth and motherhood plus not being able to take a full breath and the heat have almost pushed me into an attack several times. Trying to relax, but it's just not that easy :(

I feel like I look a lot more red than usual. Not just on my face but arms, legs and feet too. Kind of like I have a slight sunburn but I don't. Anyone else? I've never heard of it. 
    I get a pink tint, I'm guessing from being flushed from the extra body heat and blood flow? I'm pasty white so it shows on me big time.

I feel super nauseous and like I'm getting diarrhea... it's probably just because I'm upset, buy I feel miserable and need to complain somewhere  :'(

+1 on allover pinkness. I was already a pasty pale person with pink splotches. Without makeup I look like Elmo. I call bullshit on the pregnancy "glow"

DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • I would just like to add an apology for my previous post - I have NO idea how it got so discombobulated, but TB won't let me edit, so....
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
    edited August 2016
    Thanks @bnsmith85!

@Kaessi, @books&icecream, @uponastar16, I hear you all on the panic attack thing. I told my husband this morning that I was feeling panicky, but for no "real" reason, my heart was just racing and my stomach felt flip-floppy. I have anxiety issues on and off for years, so it's no real surprise that with all the changes coming up, I'm feeling the stress. FX we all are feeling better soon!
    BabyGaga
  • @books&icecream I navigated it easily enough. And I agree, pregnancy glow is BS, I can't go out in public with a "natural face" without looking like a burn victim.
  • I though I'd been doing well with a minimal number of symptoms compared to pregnancy #1 but I feel they've come in full swing this past week or so. So we'll see how these last 8 weeks go with acid reflux, joint pain, unable to breathe, sciatic pain, uncontrollable hunger, and major food aversions. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • +1 for anxiety issues. I don't know which comes first- the anxiety or the not being able to breathe because of baby's position. 
  • F47F47 member
    I feel like I have a constant cramp (the kind you get in your side from running). It's between my left side and belly button and it hurts to sit, stand, walk, pick up DS, or stretch. Basically, all the moving. Awesome. 

Wondering if I pulled a muscle during my workout last night. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Kaessi@books&icecream, @uponastar16, @LizaKate1213 I've been feeling more panicky and anxious lately too, I thought it was related to going into busy time of year at work but now I am thinking it's pregnancy related.

Yesterday after work I told my husband I felt jittery and anxious and that I really needed to cry even though I couldn't pin point one thing to cause it.   
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • +1 for increased panic attacks!  I hadn't had one for years before pregnancy... then ever since I passed out at 14 weeks I've had several.  I agree that the increased shortness of breath and heat sensitivity, plus the heightened emotions really contribute to this for me.  I try to focus on deep breathing, remind myself that I'm safe, and focusing on engaging in conversation with people around me helps.  It's also something I'm trying to work on in therapy, but it's hard because it only comes up in rare situations.  I think that being pregnant, we're so much more attuned to all of our bodily sensations (sometimes too much so) which, at least for me, combines with my anxiety and makes my brain think something is very wrong.  I feel so guilty for it because I know I'm flooding baby with stress hormones whenever I panic like that, but all I can do right now is get through it.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• I haven't had any panic attacks but I've noticed that I have isolated myself to the extreme to avoid outside stimuli and overwhelming situations. Even dinner with my family last Friday left me frazzled and feeling like I had just run a marathon. I was mentally and physically exhausted and on edge. I think if I didn't honor this impulse to hibernate and isolate, I would be having panic attacks for sure. I don't think there is anything wrong with turning our energy inward at this point and focusing on ourselves and our LO's. Everyone else can wait, in my opinion.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• mrskrattmrskratt member
    edited August 2016
    The pressure is unreal. My legs might rip apart from my body and this baby might fall out. 
    He is also breeched, so while he's kicking my cervix he is head-butting my rib cage. 
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • That sounds terrible @mrskratt :/
  • Contractions and rib/back pain. The struggle is so real. 
  • mrskratt said:
    The pressure is unreal. My legs might rip apart from my body and this baby might fall out. 
    He is also breeched, so while he's kicking my cervix he is head-butting my rib cage. 
    +1 for pressure! Dr says he is head down, but I honestly feel like he is about to fall out. I feel like I have to wear my maternity belt to keep him in. It feels like someone is pushing down on my belly. So uncomfortable!
  • I've been having belly pain over here. If I just lean forward, twist a little, or even when I lay on my side, it hurts my belly so bad. I don't know what's causing that, but as soon as my belly touched the mattress last night, I screamed in pain. I took a pillow and slid it under, hoping support would help, and that made it worse. I had to build a pillow mountain so I could sleep propped up and on my back. Even the tiniest bit of pressure against my belly is excruciating. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• the preggo brain combined with the exhaustion is a serious issue. I cant even remember what day it is.

and this little girl better move off my bladder because if I walk clear across the office to pee for 3 drops one more time im gonna go crazy.

edited August 2016
    @krzyriver, is it a nerve-type pain? Like, burning/tingling? I have heard of nerves being stretched to the point that they become very sensitive to touch. Some women experience it as numbness, others as pain. Either way, that sounds miserable, I'm sorry! I hope it resolves soon!
    BabyGaga
  • @LizaKate1213 Yeah, kinda! It did occur to me last night that it was probably sensitivity due to all the stretching, but I was in too much pain to really try and think it through. I can touch and even push on my belly, but any more pressure than that and it stops me in my tracks. Thanks, I hope it does too. I'm not sure how I'll be able to do pedicures like this. And that's really how I make all my money at work....  :/

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• +1 for anxiety as well. I suffered from panic attacks and anxiety years ago, but it hasn't been an issue in over a decade. Maybe it's because I'm PGAL, but I've had anxiety throughout this entire pregnancy. I talked with my doctor about it and she said that there isn't much I can do about it while I'm pregnant, but to let her know if it continues postpartum. I've also let a couple of close friends know, so that they can give me a heads up if my behavior gets weird PP. I just want to feel like myself again. 
  • I feel like an 82 year old when I get out of bed in the mornings.... My back is sore and I have to take baby steps to shuffle to the bathroom with my achy hips. Cute. 
  • @ashleyp625 I stole one of my grandmother's canes to help me get out of bed and start moving around. It's amazing and I wish I could take it everywhere with me. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• krzyriver said:
    @ashleyp625 I stole one of my grandmother's canes to help me get out of bed and start moving around. It's amazing and I wish I could take it everywhere with me. Lol
    Smart! 
  • @ashleyp625 ditto! To make it even better, I've been wearing a night gown to sleep in since it's really comfy, but I also look like an old lady haha 
  • I don't remember who wanted to chop their hand off because of carpal tunnel, but you can add me to that group. My grandma was talking about how I better write thank you notes after my shower, and I want to cry at the thought of writing them. I don't think my wrist can take it.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• annabenannaannabenanna member
    edited August 2016
    @SpaceBurger @AllyTheKid, I blame you both for this curse of CM.  I wasn't having heavy CM, till I read Ally's post yday about the impending CM tsunami.  This is awful!

Also is shopping for baby clothes a symptom?  I. cannot. stop.  Damn you Carter's and your sales!
  • My swelling is literally busting out of my shoes!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @annabenanna So sorry! I promise I was only trying to offer a heads up, not jinx anyone! I've officially started using pantyliners again. I have too or its just... too... much...

@moquat Lefty is my large and in charge boob... like, visibly larger than righty, and the more frequent leaker. She has a superiority complex I think. Always has to be the bigger, better, best.

@LauraPCOS Take your shoes and socks off ASAP woman! Get those feet up! Water chug, go!
  • @MRSCORKER same here! I've gotten so antisocial that DH is basically the only person I can handle. Everyone else stresses me out.