Multiples
Options

early indication of twins

Good afternoon! I had blood work done at 6weeks and the doctor said my HCG level was on the higher side.  it was 22,000 and said it could possibly mean twins!  anyone else had similar numbers?

Re: early indication of twins

• Options
    I never had betas drawn past 4w2d, so I'm not sure on the numbers. My betas quadrupled from 13DPO-16DPO, but honestly I don't think it means much because there's such a wide range of levels and doubling times. Betabase has charts of doubling times and HCG levels for singleton and multiple pregnancies, it's interesting.

https://www.betabase.info/ 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    I had only slightly above average for singleton and was pregnant with triplets. I know several pregnant at same time with higher numbers than me, and they ended up having singles.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kelley421 said:
    I had only slightly above average for singleton and was pregnant with triplets. I know several pregnant at same time with higher numbers than me, and they ended up having singles.
    How are the triplets doing?
  • Options
    Ag1051a said:
    Good afternoon! I had blood work done at 6weeks and the doctor said my HCG level was on the higher side.  it was 22,000 and said it could possibly mean twins!  anyone else had similar numbers?
    Beta levels are a terrible indicator of multiple pregnancy. The only reliable indicator is an early ultrasound showing more than one gestational/yolk sac. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kelley421 said:
    @suchaglencoco
    they are amazing! Almost 9 months, happy and healthy! We had a fairly fast NICU stay. My boy has torticollis and plagiocephaly from being cramped by his sisters, but we are working it out with therapy and a helmet. We are soooo blessed to have such a good outcome with HOM. How are your twins?
    They're perfect!!!!#
    DD was in the nicu for 2 weeks and DS was in 2 1/2 weeks. For being a month early due to pre-e, it's not bad! Super happy and healthy 8 month olds. It's amazing how fast they're growing up! 
  • Options
    ccm2017ccm2017 member
    I'm in a similar situation. Hcg levels were at 25,000 at 4 weeks. Any update if it was twins?