March 2017 Moms

GTKY-What do you do for a living?

124»

Re: GTKY-What do you do for a living?

• MrsPope1770MrsPope1770 member
    edited August 2016
    @southpawjen You can do it!! I was in class a week after my c-section with DD - I was six weeks from graduating and just did NOT want to delay it any longer.  Granted, that was just undergrad, but there's something about knowing you're that close to the finish line that helps you push through. 

ETA: hope that didn't come across as braggy, meant for it to be encouraging. :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • anonellis said:
    I'm late to this thread and it is so fun to read about everyone!

I'm a litigation associate at a large NYC law firm.  Despite the reputation of lawyers, and NYC big law in particular, I love my job.  The hours are crazy, but I've been able to work from home throughout my crazy horrible morning sickness, and I get great maternity leave and benefits.
    Law is such a great field! Unfortunately the firm can make or break you and the bad stories seem to get the most traction. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MrsPope1770 Definitely not a brag. It is nice to know there is someone out there that went through the same situation and got through it successfully. I have a very supportive family that lives nearby, so I know I'll have the help I need when the time comes to add a baby to juggle with the mix!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love seeing all your careers! I am an outside account manager in the logistics field. I love the flexibility of managing my own day and appts
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • I work in Phamaceutical Sales. I've been wanting to transition out of this career for some time, but the job offers great flexibility for a mom with a baby. I'm a little scared to let my boss know about my pregnancy because I just started last month with a new company.
  • I work in Phamaceutical Sales. I've been wanting to transition out of this career for some time, but the job offers great flexibility for a mom with a baby. I'm a little scared to let my boss know about my pregnancy because I just started last month with a new company.
    That industry can either be awesome or brutal! My H has been in the industry for 10 years now. Started out with Pfizer and now works for an animal pharmaceutical company. The amount of job cuts that they do on the human side is unreal. 
  • Science teacher 8-10th grade. Middle and high school for life. Oy vey. 
    How's teaching evolution to high school students? It was always such a heated topic at my school! @bdevincenzo
  • SAHM/College Student
    I will be done with my associates in December, taking the spring off and will start working on my bachelors next fall. I'm in school to become a Librarian :) I'm hoping to start working part time next fall while doing my bachelors.
    I love this!!! I love librarians. 
    I also will be working on my degree this fall but just one course at a time. Keep me updated on how school is while pregnant!!! Do you have kiddos at home too? @librarymom917
  • Elementary school teacher 
  • MsDemi6MsDemi6 member
    edited August 2016
    I am a 'domestic' engineer! Hehehe. Ive been a SAHM since my 5 year old was born. Outside of my home, I am a Girl Scout leader of about 15 girls (a mix of K/1st and 2nd grade), Girl Scout recruiter, Girl scout new leader mentor and a Girl scout delegate (whew! haha) I also lead a Serve team at my large church, that serves the Elementary school that my girls attend, today I sweated it out during a morning of campus beautification before school starts! Long day that ended with a milkshake treat. I am also PTSA VP (stepped down from President this past year) and a substitute teacher for 3 year olds at my church.

Needless to say I am always tired! 

• I'm a loan processor at a local credit union and an Independent  consultant for Jamberry :) expecting #2!
  • Wao a lot of talented and smart people in this forum.  I am a telemetry nurse but I cannot work right now as I need to apply for a green card. It's complicated :(... in the meantime I am doing my BSN online and am planning on doing my MBA after that...
  • Lots of cool professions here! I am a retail pharmacist. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ihateusernames* yes I have a 5 yr old girl, and in the summers I have my 11yr old stepson and 9 yr old stepdaughter, I did one summer semester with three kids, and after that I was like NOPE! lol This will be my first semester not taking half my courses online because my daughter will be in kindergarten and I won't need a sitter so it should be interesting. I'm taking Biology, Geology, Word Civilization to 1660 and Intro to World Religions. I completed all my Library class last semester and I really enjoyed them. I did my internship at the college library and I really liked it. I volunteered at my nearby public library over the summer doing children's programs and I'm hoping to volunteer at my daughters school library. Best advice my professors gave me was get a lot of experience, it won't matter if I get my Masters(which Librarians have to have) if I have no previous experience no one will hire me.
    Hopefully since I will be entering the 2nd trimester when classes start it won't be too bad.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Science teacher 8-10th grade. Middle and high school for life. Oy vey. 
    How's teaching evolution to high school students? It was always such a heated topic at my school! @bdevincenzo
    @ihateusernames I taught evolution at a catholic school (and myself not being catholic, or religious at all for the matter), but never had any issues with the topic. I made sure to discuss where religion fit into the evolutionary process, and Catholicism does not go against the science contrary to what many believe. Also had to teach sex ed to the students, which the parents were very supportive of, the only thing I couldn't promote was birth control. 

The only thing I ever got a parent complaint about was a topic during my environmental science class - about GMO's. An aunt was angry because her nephew talked about it at their thanksgiving dinner and said it was necessary to feed the world population (she was very anti-GMO), and she called the school very angry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am an accountant for a technology corporation.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • edited August 2016
    Oh that's very cool to hear! I went to a public high school but I live in the BC Bible Belt and kind of feel sorry for the science teachers here. I know a lot of Christians now that are cool with Evolution and birth control. So rock on Science and progress! @CanadianintheSouth
  • @nicklesb Very cool! Anything we've seen?
  • I am a family nurse practitioner. I also did 8 years in primary pediatric care and my nursing career in NICU and PICU. Makes for a fun worry free pregnancy. Lol
  • I love this thread, some really interesting and admirable positions out there! I am an ENT (Ear, nose and throat) Nurse Practitioner.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I moved to a new state in April and have had to get my social work license transferred to my new state of residence, which the process is taking the whole summer. I'll have a bump by the time I'm anle to begin working.