Options

Deleting

kayyrose13kayyrose13 member
edited August 2016 in 1st Trimester

Answers

• Options
    kayyrose13kayyrose13 member
    edited August 2016
    This particular insurance works sort of like maternity leave. We will receive a check in the mail every 2 weeks for 6 months. But you must not be pregnant until after the policy goes into effect. I'm hoping that because the difference was literally days, it won't be a problem and they won't be able to prove that I was technically pregnant beforehand, but I'm not quite sure how the doctor will calculate it.
  • Options
    Never lie to your doctor....or the disability insurance company.  Technically that's fraud and I'm surprised the agent would suggest that.  They usually base your EDD on your US measurements, which can be fairly spot-on (mine was within a day).
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you found out you were pregnant on July 30th, you were already about 4 weeks pregnant. Couldn't really fudge that even if it weren't fraud to do so. 
  • Options
    No, not at all. I'm really sorry. Truthfully - I wasn't thinking. I didn't put two and two together and realize what I was asking was serious and wrong. I know it sounds incredibly stupid, but I really, really didn't. I've been torn up about it all night and didn't sleep.

Again, I'm really sorry.
  • Options
    I have to agree with the others on this one. If you lied you would be committing insurance fraud, and not to mention to put it on the Internet. They take stuff like that pretty seriously. Since you're pregnant you are eligible for Medicaid for the insurance part, although I'm not sure about the disability. Anyways, I'd say to be honest with your doctor.