February 2017 Moms

What my Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/25

Re: What my Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/25

• @Babymakes5! Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. I've been trying so hard and some days it just doesn't happen. On good days I can get two small meals and some small graham crackers throughout the day... today was just toast. 
    It sucks so hard, but baby gets what it needs first, so baby isn't suffering from it. I dropped 25ish lbs by 7 weeks with my first, it was awful, but he is currently whining beside me lol its hard not to feel like you're starving baby, but all we can do is our best 
  • @babymakes5! That is true, and it makes me feel better... I just keep praying it's just a few more weeks. I don't know how you ladies with HG do it, but I applaud your strength! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's so weird, I ate salads every day for lunch before my bfp.  Usually the same salad.  The idea of salad just hasn't appealed to me.  I've gained a few lbs so ordered my old "usual" salad yesterday.   I had three bites then tossed it and ordered mac n cheese.  I can't eat like this!   Carbs seem to be the only thing I can eat.  Anyone else ?
  • Im finding all i really want is pasta. But it can't be just any kind it must be spaghetti or, more preferably, angel hair. 
  • Carbs...Carbs...and more carbs.... and watermelon? I really want to be good and eat veggies and dairy, but I'm having major aversions to everything I should have :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hot sauce. Dear lord, hot sauce.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WinchesterGirl what kind of pasta salad are you having? I've been craving the same like crazy but haven't indulged because most of them have mayo in it.  

• @AfKash it has elbows, chicken, onion, grapes, and (optional) nuts of your choice. I do put mayo in it because it's easy, but you could always Google pasta salad dressings - some recipes call for alternate ones. :smile:
  • @WinchesterGirl of course I'm craving the salads with mayo. You're not worried about the raw eggs in mayo? 

• edited August 2016
    @AfKash I believe the store bought kind has been heated in order to be shelf stable. I haven't seen mayo on any lists to avoid, although I did stop making my own because I do use unheated eggs.

ETA: does anyone else have info on store bought mayo?
  • I've been really into breakfast! I just had eggs and bacon Yummm!

Oddly enough I'm craving salads/fruit and vegetables....and occasionally pepperoni pizza!

• @WinchesterGirl shelf-stable mayo is perfectly fine!  If you make your own, just use pasteurized eggs (you can buy them in some stores or pasteurize eggs yourself).
  • From what I understand, store bought mayo is completely safe. Just make sure you are buying the non-refrigerated kind because those are made with pasteurized eggs. You can always double check the ingredients just to be safe!
  • @MonaLisaRalphio @lfrank12 Thanks ladies! That's what I thought. I used to eat all sorts of no-nos so I had to switch. Fresh mayo with back yard eggs, raw milk from my local farm, and I make this really delicious mozzarella... sigh. I guess the up side is I haven't felt good enough to do all that extra anyways!
  • It's funny because I hardly ever eat sandwiches with lunch meat, but now that I can't have it, I think about it a lot, lol. Instead, I found a really good deal on nitrate free bacon, so I stocked up my freezer. I've been loving BLT's + avocado with tons of tomato on wheaty bread with lots of fiber which makes me feel better about all the carbs I've been eating, lol. The weirdest part about that is I've always hated tomatoes raw like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Spaghetti with a nice tomato sauce :) Still hooked on mashed potatoes. And mac n cheese sounds WONDERFUL right now...yummm 
  • @MonaLisaRalphio @WinchesterGirl @lfrank12
    Yayyyy!! Thank you everybody!! I'm gonna go have me some pasta salad later!

• I am loving steak right now and am making these flank steak rollups for dinner tonight.  

With a side of french fries and corn on the cob with a ton of butter.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Sonic just rolled out these "Sweet & Salty" masterblasts...I order the dark chocolate pretzel...it's like it was made for me!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had applesauce with a side of chewy bacon for lunch. :grin:
  • I was craving hard a pretzel pizza from little ceasers! Unfortunately the don't make them anymore! So I ordered a stuffed crust pretzel pizza from cicis, not as good but it hit the spot!
  • @aadamson12 I've been wanting to try the pretzel pizza crust from Cicis, but I wanted the mac and cheese pizza and they said they couldn't do that :( it hurt my heart.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• I've been really into breakfast! I just had eggs and bacon Yummm!

Oddly enough I'm craving salads/fruit and vegetables....and occasionally pepperoni pizza!

I had a really odd thought about wanting pepperoni pizza today. (I've been a happy vegetarian for over 20 years!!! Agh!!)
  • edited August 2016
    @ss456 I've heard that happens to some people! I've also heard that meat lovers sometimes become the opposite during pregnancy!

Edit. Damn autocorrect

• kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited August 2016
    On the topic of pasta salad, which has oddly been one of the few things I crave,  my go to dressing is creamy Parmesan that I make! Here's the recipe(this is usually enough for 4 servings): 

Creamy Parmesan Dressing
    • ½ cup mayonnaise
    • ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
    • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
    • ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
    • Pinch of kosher salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh garlic
    - 2 tbs half & half 

I usually toss this with pene pasta, spring mix chicken and some salad veggies. 
  • Ramen, ramen, and more ramen.
  • Ooooo thanks @kirstynikole ! I will try this!

• @scifichick09 it was good! I asked them to put pepperoni on it and they said they couldn't :( I had leftovers today and it was even good reheated (which I'm normally not a left overs kinda person). It's worth a try for sure!
  • All the carbs!  I'm already having a hard time deciding on my lunch today.  Either Panera mac and cheese (bonus is it's downstairs in my building and I can get a cookie too) or to walk 10 mins further to get perogi dumplings and sriracha rice (bonus it comes with amazing soy aoli).  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg @CurlyCupcake21 I would be in big trouble if there was a Panera in my building!! I looove their baked potato soup
  • @lfrank12 yes and I'm also super in to their broccoli cheddar soup...yum!  I used to go there all the time since it was either Panera or Chiplote but in the past year tons of new restaurants have popped up in the work neighborhood.  I've only recently rediscovered my love for their soup and chocolate chipper cookies.

I think that pushes me over the edge, I'm going for the mac and cheese and a chocolate chipper!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Fettuccini Alfredo 2 days in a row now :)
  • Last night, I had a quesadilla and a bowl of cereal for my after work snack.  By the time DH got home, I asked if I could just order him some pizza because I wasn't hungry and didn't want to cook.  Then, when the pizza got there, I ate two slices (after eating half of the large salad I'd also ordered him).  I think he may develop food aggression issues soon b/c I keep eating all the foods.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha LOL I have the opposite problem! My husband acts like he's eating for all three of us.  I eat slower than him.  And sometimes I'll have leftovers that I'll want later and he just eats it without asking me! I love him to death and I feel terrible reminding him not to eat my stuff but ahhh! Like yesterday, I was nauseous so I took out a can of 7up from the fridge and left it open so the carbonation would go out.  I come back and it's gone! Lol. Smh.

• I'm making slow cooked beef and broccoli for dinner tonight, and it smells awful!  I just want watermelon (must be cold and cut in crisp cubes- ha, I've gone bonkers), cottage cheese, and homemade mashed potatoes.  

• Sandwiches.  I can't get enough of BLTs or a slight variation.  Today I added a grilled chicken breast and last night just mayo, toast and tomatoes with salt and pepper.  I could eat it everyday.  
  • Breakfast sandwiches! I'm obsessed. I made them for both breakfast and lunch today.
  •  I'm indulging in my mashed potato craving tonight. Currently boiling potatoes to mash. Also cubed some watermelon for later. I'm irrationally excited about this. Tomorrow I will be baking chocolate chip cookies. Food is everything right now.