October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest (August 1!)

Pretty much how I felt this morning. Let's hear em!
*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday Bitchfest (August 1!)

• Options
    I forgot my heartburn medication and my supply of Tums at home!!! SOB!!! Mommy brain at its finest. :'(

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    it's still brutally humid. I can't deal with this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nanny called last night and cancelled on us. We set this up so long ago that I'm a little stressed out now. It was pretty much the perfect situation. As she is a friend of my MIL, DH has texted his mom to let her know what happened. Apparently someone in her family is having a baby in March and she can't keep both babies that are so young. I appreciate that the other child is a family member but why can't she at least help me out through February and give me a little more time to figure out what to do!!?? Also, is she literally taking care of this new baby from day 1?? I made DH answer the phone because when I saw her number I just knew it wasn't going to be a good phone call and I didn't want to get mad at her. (Hey, mood swings) Childcare is so limited in our town. UGHHHHHH. Back to square one. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited August 2016
    @ibabyloveb87- Did y'all ask if she could help you until she needs to start taking care of the other baby or until y'all find another childcare situation? If not, I would. Maybe she didn't think of that... For whatever reason lol
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 Not yet. DH wanted to talk to his mom first since she's good friends with her and then we will approach those questions with the nanny. 
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 Well that's a crummy situation, and doesn't make much sense either...? There is a decent time gap there, I don't see any problems at least starting out with. Hopefully your MIL and H can get this sorted out soon! I'm sorry you have to deal with this, childcare is sooo hard to come by, that's a heavy bomb to have dropped on you right now.
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 That's really crappy. I understand it's family, but they made a commitment to you. I don't understand why they can't help you until the other person actually needs them since they're having their baby 5 months after you?? Smart decision to have DH intercept the call, I would've gone off on her. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @mrszoess Ugh, humidity is the worst. I've had a couple water breaking scares, and I'm not entirely sure that some of those scares weren't just swamp crotch.  :|

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    I feel like all my Monday BF are work related, but oh well. My team is 20 people and I'm a team lead and so is another guy. With both of us here we get to take lunches and one of us is always on the floor with the team answering questions, dealing with escalations and such. This guy has been out since last Thursday and is still out for an undetermined amount of time, meanwhile I havent taken a day off since I found out I was pregnant. Now to start this Monday we have paycheck issues and a girls phone isnt working, and I really needed to run out on my lunch break. So seems like the rest of the week will be me at my desk all day with no break. Could be these hormones but I am so frustrated and pissed off. Not to mention the guy who is out has a history of being irresponsible and getting drunk during the week and not being able to come in on Fridays, so I'm just not sympathetic to him being out. 
  • Options
    I couldn't find my safety shoes this morning, got a bit late to work and when I got here I realized I didn't have my access badge... It seems like I keep forgetting stuff lately... wonder why.... 
  • Options
    My throat is absolutely killing me. This has been going on for over a month but it's so much worse today. My reflux was pretty bad last night even though I ate small spaces out meals so I think my throat is raw from it. That combined with morning sickness and I feel like absolute crap. Just called out of work today blegh :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought roasted red pepper hummus instead of original and I'm bummed.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Back in June my dh, dd and I went to a local lake to hang out with dh's sister while they were camping there (there is a beach side and a camping side). My younger sister was all pouty because she wanted to go along and bring her boyfriend, but again we were going with SIL and it really didn't matter since my family was getting ready to leave for the beach the next day. Anyway, all summer my sister has been asking when we could take her to the lake for the day with her boyfriend. I've kind of been avoiding it because spending a day at the lake where I won't swim, in sand that I hate, with a 16 & 17 and my dd, while pregnant doesn't sound like fun to me. Fast forward to last week, my sister started whining because we haven't gone yet and she's leaving for college soon and her boyfriend will start band camp next week. 

One of the biggest problems is even though I love my sister, she's still young and with her bf being there I don't trust her to really keep an eye on my dd in the water (I don't do any bodies of water since they freak me out). my dh took a day off this week so he can go and that way dd will be safe. And of course, now it's supposed to rain and have storms. So my sister is pouting again but dh can't switch days and can't take off another day to go. 

I honestly can't take it right now. She's 17 but she's the baby of the family so has basically always gotten her way. I love her, but she's a brat. She has always had so many opportunities that we never had (there are two 'groups' due to 2 marriages. Oldest brother is 16 years older then youngest sister). But she's making this out to be such a big deal. It's a freaking lake!!! 

Oh I should add that other days we've offered they have also been busy so it's not entirely like I chose the last possible date and screwed her out of the trip. 
  • Options
    Our air conditioner saga continues - today my husband stayed home because his cousin is coming to give us his opinion "first thing in the morning" which apparently meant he wasn't leaving his house 30+ minutes away until after 9. My husband is missing so much work to deal with air conditioner stuff I don't even know how much paid time off he'll have when the baby comes. Plus, he has previously talked about taking FMLA unpaid leave, but especially if we have to buy a new air conditioner I just don't think that's a good idea. It would be nice to have him, but my mom doesn't work and lives nearby, so it's not like I'll have no back-up if he can't stay home as long as he likes. But I can't bring that up while he's already stressed out about his cousin (and the warranty people who called this morning out of nowhere and suddenly threatened not to pay for even the small thing they originally were going to pay for).

• Options
    @maf9866 I feel you on the little sister drama. My youngest sister is 20 (12 years youner than me) and she can be the biggest brat of all time. I love her to death but she just doesn't get it. She's brilliantly smart but completely lazy. She just doesn't think she should have to do anything, ever. She dropped out of college because it was too much work, she lives with my parents and works a part time job where she makes pretty good money for her age and is pitching a shit storm of a fit because my parents are making her pay her own car payment. Meanwhile, she's living there rent free with no other bills at all. She spends all of her income on shopping/weed, etc. It's maddening. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    F47F47 member
    @von1976 I feel your pain. My DH always stays up late. He doesn't have to be at work until 10 a.m., but guess what. We have a 2 yr. old! I am up at 5:45 a.m. (if I'm working out), or 6:30 (if not) every weekday morning. And, every weekend, I'm the first out of bed to get DS when he wakes up, which starts to get super annoying. His argument is that I go to bed earlier. Well, YES, because I know I have to be up early. Perhaps if you thought ahead, you could get up early and help out.

He doesn't lay in bed all morning by any means, and once he's up he's super helpful. But, he's just slow to get up. If I ask him to get DS, he says he will, but then lays there for 5-10 more minutes, all the while our toddler is yelling for me. So, I cave and get him, change him, get his milk, etc. then I'm late for work.

On Saturday night, he went to bed the same time as me (10:45). When DS woke up at 6:10 a.m., he acted like he could barely function he was so tired. Umm...welcome to my life, sir. Literally. That was a normal, adult amount of sleep, so buck up and get out of bed. Happy Sunday!

It's never ending.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER it's so frustrating!! I don't know the reason for your age gap, but ours is 2 different marriages. The older 4 were raised by my mom who was a young, single mother who was a waitress but always managed to make sure we were happy and healthy. We never went without things we wanted but now I know how hard it was for her. 

My younger brother and sister have had such a different life then us but I feel like they take soooo much for granted because they just have had everything. My stepfather is a wonderful man, but I don't think he did his kids any favors. They never even say thank you and they have always been back talkers (which drives the older kids crazy because still to this day I can count on one hand the times I've talked back to my mom)! But that is seriously my only fault with them. They really are great kids, it's just different worlds. 
  • Options

I feel like I am having the most stressful pregnancy ever. My OB keeps having to call me and keeps saying "I know, I know, I wish I didn't have to call you this much either! What other bad news can I give?" Ugh.

Throughout the pregnancy I have:

first, gotten a call saying I have HPV (was a virgin until I married DH this January, so...thanks for that, DH!)

Then gotten a call saying I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis and we need to test DH. (He is not a carrier, so thank goodness for that!)

Then gotten a call saying I have O- blood and need to test DH. He has B+ blood, so I'll need to get the rhogam shot at 28-30 weeks. But no big deal.

Then gotten a call saying one of my tests showed a high level of something and got sent to the MFM doc to have two separate ultrasounds to make sure Baby's spine and brain are okay. They are, so that's good!

Then last week I got a call saying my blood came back positive for antibodies, so somehow in the last couple months since my last antibody screen my blood has mixed with Baby's blood and that's not good. Had an emergency OB visit on Thursday for an US and everything looked great. But now I need to go back to the MFM for the special high risk ultrasounds and might need them every week. If they show issues, then I'll either have to have a blood transfusion for Baby in utero, or I'll have to be induced early.

How? How did our blood get mixed? No car accident, no punch or kick in the stomach, no fall down a flight of stairs, no skydiving or rick climbing or parasailing. Placenta looks good, uterus looks good, amniotic fluid looks good, so no one has any idea what happened.

OB just says to make sure I have no bleeding and that Baby continues to move and kick. She said she's only had one other patient that has had this issue and they had to induce around 34-35 weeks. DH keeps saying to stay calm and everything will be okay and "if he comes early, he comes early," but then the OB keeps saying things like "Baby will become anemic and could die," and how can I not be worried about that?

Ugh. Has anyone else experienced their negative blood mixing with the baby's positive blood? Any advice or stories about what your OB did with your pregnancy would be great.

Yowza. Sorry this was so long!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bamacoop :o  wow. I am so sorry for all the difficulties you are facing. I don't have anything to add in terms of help or advice, but my thoughts are with you. I hope everything works out for you and the lo. 
  • Options
    @maf9866 Same exact situation. My mom re-married and while we didn't have much when she was born, my Step-Dad started to do really well when she was in elementary school so she was raised in a completely different environment. My Mom complains constantly about it and doesn't understand how her kids can be so different but it's pretty obvious from my point of view. My sister is a lovely person, she just doesn't get it yet. I hope some things will start clicking for her soon.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @bamacoop Man you've had to deal with a lot! I don't have any advice about the blood types but I will be keeping you and baby in my T&P! I hope all works out and everyone ends up healthy as a horse! 
  • Options
    So sorry to hear @bamacoop. I have the RH- blood as well and will be getting my shot next Tuesday. Hopefully everything else runs smoothly for you. Best of luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all! I'm still living my normal day-to-day life, but every now and then I'll be sitting there and have a daydream about waking up in the middle of the night bleeding to death and heading straight to the emergency room. So. That's no fun. But I'm trying to just not think about it until I have to.

The doc basically said that the baby WILL become anemic, it's just a matter of how quickly and how badly. Could be that it's a slow thing that doesn't affect him that badly... or it could happen quickly and really mess with his heart and blood pumping. So we'll just have to keep checking.

I guess on a nicer note, we've had way more ultrasounds than normal so we get to see his little face a lot more. Last week he was opening and closing his mouth a lot and moving his chest up and down for breathing practice, so that was really cool to see!

I hope all you RH negative mamas get through to your shots okay! No bungee jumping or secret Fight Clubbing until your shots!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    JennJenn81713JennJenn81713 member
    edited August 2016
    @bamacoop sorry for your troubles!  I just got my Rhogam shot last week.  While being Rh- is usually easy to deal with, it's stories like yours that make us negative mamas so fearful.  I hope everything goes well for you from here on out.

My Monday bitch: last week it was my sister, this week it's my dad.  He just actually had the nerve to say in a roomful of people - a roomful of men, actually -  that if I think being pregnant is difficult, just wait until the baby is out.  Mind you, I've had very few complaints during my pregnancy.  And I wasn't even complaining at the time!  My dad's friend had just asked how motherhood was treating me and I told him that everything was great so far.  I've been blessed that it's been so easy, actually.  I'm under no illusion that parenthood won't be different, and difficult, and life-changing...all those things and more.  That said, I am looking forward to sleeping on my back again and not having to pee every 10 minutes and not feeling tired for no apparent reason all the time (even though I realize that's because I'm growing a human) and not feeling like a damn invalid who can't lift more than 10 pounds and saying goodbye to this stupid carpal tunnel...I could go on.  All I said was, "I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in this room who can say that, in fact, some things are definitely more difficult."  Please, men, keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to pregnancy.

Edited because words are hard.
  • Options

@bamacoop That's super scary, I'm sorry to hear you're going through all of that. Have faith that the doctors will do everything they can to keep you and your LO safe. I had my Rhogam shot at 28 weeks, no problems so far. Beware, ladies who have not yet had the pleasure--it's given in the buttock. Fun stuff.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    BluMommyBluMommy member
    edited August 2016
    On the Rh- topic. I got the Rhogam shot while pregnant with my son, I have an appointment on Thursday, but does anyone know if I will have to get it again?
  • Options

@BluMommy Yes, you should get it this pregnancy, too.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    Monday bitchfest novel below

I have grown to have no patience for friends that are never there for me like I am there for them. I have this friend who I have been friends for about 20 years at this point, and up until a few years ago I probably would have considered her one of my best friends (I was MOH at her wedding, she was a bridesmaid in mine, etc). In the last few years, we have obviously been growing apart but not through anyone's fault, just time and circumstance have made us not see each other or talk as often as we used to. But we have been through a lot together - we both lost our moms, who were also friends, to cancer in our early 20s and had always relied on each other about mom stuff since we know the other understands what it's like. When she was pregnant with her daughter, I made a point of being really excited for her and texting her for every milestone and appointment because I know those are the little things that often go overlooked when you don't have a mom to do them for you. I fielded lots of crying phone calls about missing her mom and how hard it was going through it without her, came to the hospital right after the baby was born, all the things a friend does in these situations. 

Since I've been pregnant, she has legit texted me a total of twice. Both times were her checking in to see if I had gestational diabetes (?????) and then barely responding to texts after. I send her occasional text updates after appointments and just get very short responses with no conversation starting. Today, I checked in with my SIL to see if she needed me to chase down any RSVPs for my baby shower, which is less than 2 weeks away. Who has not responded? Yupp, this friend. Like wtf? 

• Options
    @von1976
    Thanks for this info!
    Also, dangit.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to fight with my insurance over this happiness again. Ugh!
  • Options
    @BluMommy Yes. One at 28 weeks, one after delivery. You have to get one with each pregnancy after your first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had 5 clients during my shift at the salon. Every single one of them were jerks. And now all my tip money is going right to my boss at our sister store because my son needs a haircut. Lol.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    My DH has gotten into this thing where he WAKES ME UP FROM NAPS. Whyyyy oh whyyy. I ask him why he does it, and he actually said, "Because it bothers me when you fall asleep everywhere all the time." He has been pretty great albeit a little distant about this pregnancy, but dang that was a sad thing to hear. 
  • Options
    @scostel2 - Could she be dealing privately with a loss or infertility? That's the only thing I could think of that would somewhat excuse or at least explain her behavior. If not, I'd say cut her loose. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bamacoop I had my Rhogam immediately after my car accident,  but I was lucky and the blood tests showed no mixing of blood. I'm so sorry you have been having good such a rough go of it! Just do what is best for you and baby, that's all you can control. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    CopperBoom86 I would be really surprised because she knows about my fertility treatments and also she pretty much just looked at her husband and got pregnant with her daughter lol I know infertility when TTC #2 is more common that people realize, so it's definitely possible, but I think it's more likely she's just being a selfish jerk. 
  • Options
    ignoscemihiignoscemihi member
    edited August 2016
    @bamacoop That is scary!  Here's hoping you get some reassurance soon.

@BluMommy I'm sorry you have to fight your insurance for a RhoGAM shot.  It's medically necessary.

My Monday BF - I took my son to the park and the grocery store this morning, but when I got back, the new neighbors' moving truck was blocking the driveway.  I had to go around the block and park across the street, which meant I had to carry three heavy grocery bags and a 35 lb toddler across a very busy street.  I (very politely) scolded them, but then I immediately felt bad about it because there really wasn't anywhere else for them to park.  Ugh.

Edited to fix formatting.