March 2017 Moms

This app....

2»

Re: This app....

• @ihateusernames*  I understood it the same way you did...then the convo turned into technical stuff. So then I was so confused!!! But the initial post points to the community being the frustrating part as well. Anyway...TB all.the.way. Also fwiw I am posting from my app. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • chrlyrchrlyr member
    edited July 2016
    When someone asks "how did you connect with other moms using this app", my first interpretation of that question is not that the person is asking literally how.  The app has issues, but it's not that difficult to use. I move quite easily between desktop and mobile versions. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ihateusernames*  I understood it the same way you did...then the convo turned into technical stuff. So then I was so confused!!! But the initial post points to the community being the frustrating part as well. Anyway...TB all.the.way. Also fwiw I am posting from my app. 
    Agree. I love the bump. and I love the app and the community. 
  • I really think it's an android vs apple problem. Never had an issue with my iPhone, but my android crashed all the time. 
  • Yeah. The app on my android crashed like 18 times today. SUPER frustrating.  Sounds like the apple app is smoother though. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah. The app on my android crashed like 18 times today. SUPER frustrating.  Sounds like the apple app is smoother though. :)
    I finally Uninstalled the app today. Once I get home I'll look at trying to use the app on my iPad! :smiley:

Btws @mamabear2015 love your username! I have an amazing soft tankthat says mama bear on it! :smile:
  • I wish the community part was a button right on the page that first opens. I also wish if you commented on something that the thread was easier to find. I know you can star it but do starred posts group anywhere easy to locate? I really only use my phone so that limits things. No major complaints tho.
  • katier29katier29 member
    edited July 2016
    I hate how when you reply the reply doesn't go under the original comment it goes all the way to the end of the thread like it does on facebook. Such as if someone hit reply to this comment it would go right under but if they were replying to the main post it would go under all the replies. 
  • I do think thenorginal poat was kind up ro tour interpretation of what was meant which could go several ways for me.

i like the app personally just for making accessing the board faster (insert my lazy here lol) I have noticed though it does not alert me of my notifications but i will survive.

"Community wise" the I agree with the others its what you put out there that makes the experience.  Kinda like a give an take just like any other interaction in life *shrugs* 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• I like this community but to go from one thread and one group to another and back and forth take forever on the app.

I've also found thencomesfamily. The app through tapatalk is really easy to use.  
  • So tbh I'm taken aback by the amount of time taken to interpret what I meant by the original post. Especially considering I clarified that I was not talking about the community - please refer to the title of the thread. 

That being said, again, I fully  agree with those of you that have shared your beliefs that it's all about the effort that is put in.  The point however was that this app requires more effort that it should - and I wanted to try to see if with some effort and support from everyone we could try to make it better!

Thank you so much to @MrsPope1770, @NurseMama and @mcdonald-baliey for recognizing what I was trying to say!!  As a STM, working part time, going to school full time and we'll just.. life. I want my time and efforts to be efficiently used so that I am able to take part in the development of a new community- vs having to spend time rewriting posts or waiting for the app to reload.

For those of you that have provided feedback on issues with the app - Thanks so much!! I've added to my email which I'm going to be sending out today. Even if the changes don't happen immediately I really hope that small improvements are made for mama's in the future (it might even be us again!)

For those I you that thought my words were attacking the community please don't misunderstand my frustration. I want to find community here and my frustration is at the app for not making my life easier when trying to do so lol.

I respect yall beig protective over the community and in the future I will try to be more intentional with my word choice.