August 2016 Moms

FFFC - 7/29

2»

Re: FFFC - 7/29

• My other confession - I am totally trying to learn how to do home cervical checks.  But I'm horrible at it. 

I've been considering this but for some reason I'm scared to go in there. I don't know if I'm afraid I might poke/tear something I shouldn't? Or be freaked out by what I feel? No idea what my hesitation is, had no problem feeling cervix before pregnancy. I think I've just made my vagina an off limits area to anyone without a medical degree lol.

I don't think this is recommended due to increased risk for infection, which is why many doctors don't do them...  But hey, do you!

Yea I know. I wash my hand really well and I know my water hasn't broke yet. Does your DH scrub up before you have sex?
    Yep, we are probably in the minority- DH always scrubs up before we have sex. Often a quick shower but at least a sink scrub of his bits. 

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I'm with you all on being too tired. By the time we got into bed last night, I couldn't even keep my eyes open. Maybe tonight? I wanted nothing to do with sex post-partum last time, and it took us a few months to actually do it and even longer for it to become enjoyable again. I feel like we need to one more time before baby comes, because otherwise it would be wayyy too long. 

• One last FFFC (on saturday) - I'm actually really looking forward to daycare. Our center is really structured, and I feel like they absolutely know what they are doing - which is more than I can say for his parents at this point. Being able to leave my son in capable hands and go to work - alone - is already sounding amazing. 
    I don't know how SAHM's do it. 

• @bookhousegirl Lol I did this last Sunday and told DH that it was probably going to end up being his last time for a while. He agreed to it, but then said "If I hit his head, then it's over!" Poor guy was so scared he was going to hurt me or baby. Don't know how, but I ended up enjoying it.

@dressagedarling Don't do it!!! I used DH's deodorant once because I was too lazy to go to the store. I ended up having an allergic reaction to it. It was bad- I couldn't wear my own deodorant (once I bought it) for a good two weeks.

@ashleybaker712 Vagina poking... I just snorted milk all over myself when I read that. Thanks for the laugh! I told my mom something this week about how I've had so many fingers in my vag this week and none of them have been DH's. 

• Allisun85 said:
    One last FFFC (on saturday) - I'm actually really looking forward to daycare. Our center is really structured, and I feel like they absolutely know what they are doing - which is more than I can say for his parents at this point. Being able to leave my son in capable hands and go to work - alone - is already sounding amazing. 
    I don't know how SAHM's do it. 

I love our daycare. I feel like dd gets great structure and they do so many good projects that I wouldn't be able to organize at home. Plus she loves her friends and teachers. 

Unfortunately, with 2 kids, we can't afford it so I'll be sahm and I'm getting really worried about how I'll keep them both entertained and educated to the same standard. And I'll miss working...
  • SFFC? Related to deodorant, I used DHs once and I've bought men's ever since. It's old spice and I get one of the more feminine scents but it works so much better than any women's deodorant. I'll never go back. 
    I love the hawk ridge kind for some reason. It smells fairly neutral to me. :) 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• edited July 2016
    SFFC? Related to deodorant, I used DHs once and I've bought men's ever since. It's old spice and I get one of the more feminine scents but it works so much better than any women's deodorant. I'll never go back. 
    @Lynnlove28 Same!  They hardly make any deodorants for women that don't include anti-perspirant, and I hate anti-perspirant.  So I've been using Old Spice and/or Arm & Hammer Naturals for almost a decade!

DH will sometimes remark that it's weird that I smell like his best friend (a male).  He bought me the Victoria's Secret Bombshell perfume when I freaked out about Zika so I sometimes smell like a very weird combination of male gym rat and citrus/floral female. Whatevs.
  • SFFC? Related to deodorant, I used DHs once and I've bought men's ever since. It's old spice and I get one of the more feminine scents but it works so much better than any women's deodorant. I'll never go back. 
    I may just give it a go then! I was using an all natural deodorant previously, but it wasn't cutting it so I switched back. Men's deodorant would be significantly cheaper than my clinical strength one I had to go back to. 
  • @Lynnlove28 Same here! Years ago I was visiting family and forgot to pack deodorant. I found a men's Speed Stick my brother left behind and tried it, and I've never looked back! The men's versions are cheaper, larger, and seem to work better. 
    My too!  I love old spice that doesn't have aluminum in it! 

• @Allisun85 I love our daycare too, and am so happy DS goes there 3 days a week. Even when I have a day off, I still send him. I actually feel like he has a better day there, than he does at home with me for 8 hrs. He gets to play with a bunch of other kids and do fun projects and outings, I'm just not creative enough (or probably patient enough) to be a SAHM. 

• @Allisun85 I love our daycare too, and am so happy DS goes there 3 days a week. Even when I have a day off, I still send him. I actually feel like he has a better day there, than he does at home with me for 8 hrs. He gets to play with a bunch of other kids and do fun projects and outings, I'm just not creative enough (or probably patient enough) to be a SAHM. 
    I'm the same. I'm good for a few hours of fun and then I'm exhausted and out of ideas.
    Pregnancy Ticker