March 2017 Moms

TW Limbo Land with SCH - T&P please

Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
edited July 2016 in March 2017 Moms
I thought I would make an actual thread so others could see and relate if they needed to.

I started having nausea, sore nipples and sore boobs at 5+6, yay! On 6+2, DH and I had sex, which was uncharacteristically painful. Afterwards, I had about a tablespoon of bright red blood come out at once. Cried, put a pad in, and woke up the next morning to brown spotting overnight and nothing right then. I attributed it to sex and irritated cervix. Normal spotting.

6+3 I had slight brown spotting from cervix throughout the day, but not necessary to use a pad. Then, when I was at the grocery store, I apparently started walking with my hands on my low back (maybe was feeling some discomfort there). A few minutes later I felt that terrible warm gush. I immediately went to the bathroom and saw my underwear just saturated with bright red blood. It felt like blood was pouring out of me. Just nonstop. It was so scary.

I sobbed in the bathroom for a good 15 minutes. I wrapped an unscenely amount of toilet paper around my underwear and also as a makeshift pad, and waddled out to the car. I noticed cramping started a bit, but not terrible. More like period cramps. I got home, put a large overnight pad on, and prayed I wouldn't ruin the bed overnight. I read some things about Subchorionic hemorrhage vs miscarriage, and decided I was going to confirm this by going to the doctor the next day, and called into work.

6+4 When I woke up I had only brown spotting from the night before, but when I would pee, all the bright blood would come out. About 2 tbspns I'd guess. I still had all my symptoms - nausea, sore firm heavy boobs, sore nipples (slightly less, but still sore).

My doctor saw me and we did an ultrasound immediately. I have a very very large subchorionic hemorrhage, and we saw a gestational sac and yolk sac and fetal pole. But no HB. The amount of blood is tremendous, pooling at the bottom of my uterus. She didn't put the ultrasound wand very far in, it felt like it was almost out. I don't know if that's because of all the bleeding. Hard to tell if baby was measuring correctly. I had betas done as well.

I'm on bedrest, pelvic rest, all the rests. I go back on Tuesday to figure out which direction this is going in. For now, I'm still pregnant. Thoughts and prayers please, but I know large SCH's have a much higher risk of miscarriage. But at least we know this is SCH bleeding/cramping, not miscarriage. 

I think it's amazing how much this seemed like a true miscarriage, so I hope others can find this informative. Also, stories and experiences are cool too, because yea.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: TW Limbo Land with SCH - T&P please

• Praying hard for you. Hoping the bleeding stops soon and LO does just fine!
  • So many ts&ps for you!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm praying for you! I have a SCH, but a small one. I hemorrhaged with my daughter at 20 weeks and lots a lot of blood. She is 3 years old now. 
  • Everything crossed for you @Sugargirl1019!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Thoughts and prayers for you and baby!
  • Sending good thoughts your way. I'm sorry you're going through this. *hugs*
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How scary!  T&Ps to you
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• chrlyrchrlyr member
    Sending lots of good vibes to you and your LO. I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will be sending up a lot of T&Ps for you. Please keep us updated on how things progress. 

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Read this and immediately said a prayer. I hope everything turns out okay. ((Hugs))
  • So scary. Thoughts and prayers for you!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • You are in my prayers.
  • Thoughts and prayers for you! I have an SCH and I've been bleeding for 2 weeks. Heartbeat was detected but the doctor didn't sound hopeful. He just kept repeating that its a 50/50 chance. It's the hardest thing I've ever gone through. Every time I see blood, I feel my heart drop. I have to have a sono every week and I'm on all the rests too. I love my little baby, but this feels so cruel to me. 
  • Oh, I'm so sorry you're going through this.  :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thinking of you and wishing you all the best
  • I'm so sorry, that must have been really heart wrenching. Thoughts and prayers. 
  • I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I've had spotting and bleeding too and it is so disheartening. I'm praying for you and hoping for the best possible outcome! <3
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • i can't imagine how you're feeling right now, but I'm thinking of you and your little one and sending positive thoughts your way.  Please keep us posted.
  • I'm so very sorry your going through this. I had a SCH with my last pregnancy (I'll start by saying I now have a mad man 10 mo) but I bled alot from about 8 weeks until about 22 weeks.

First I had a tear from placenta failure to attach which was scary then I had the SCH. Anything that could go wrong did. (I'll just add this was after 3 mc) The SCH was large, it grew twice which they told me they didn't want it to get larger (I had regular us) but eventually it did go away. But I bled alot for a very long time. From my research back then it usually doesn't go away fully until around 20 weeks for most women. Either thier body absobs it or for most you bleed it out. (I truly pray this is the case for you as it was for me)

I will def say a prayer for you and your lo. Stay positive and def take the rest seriously. I was told not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk too.
  • I too have an SCH with this pregnancy. Will have continued/increased monitoring as well and I'm on all the rest. Modified though- not firm bed rest. 

I had an undiagnosed SCH with DS (who is now 16 mo) that hemorraged at 11.5weeks. I passed a 6in clot and while the paramedics and my mom were convinced I lost the baby, I just knew I didn't. 

FX for a positive outcome. That's the most important thing right now... You need to stay positive!! 

• Hi! I hope that this eases your mind a bit. I am 12 weeks and was put on bed rest for SCH. The bedrest did wonders. For the time being I would not have sex or lift anything, put your feet up and drink plenty of water. Many women who have this go on to have very healthy babies. I had an Ultrasound yesterday and my body has absorbed most of the hemmorage*. Good luck to you, rest up!
  • :( keep us updated! Thoughts and prayers for you
  • Hope you're doing okay. Thinking of you. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • **Lurking from Dec 2016**
    First of all, congrats @Sugargirl1019 on the pregnancy :) I'm so happy to see you back. 

I don't remember if you were still around when I dealt with SCH, but here's a link to my very upsetting experience: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12675191/not-so-good-news-updated/p1 I'll also say that before the bright red blood, I had had a couple of weeks of brown/pink spotting. Fortunately it all turned out well.

Slightly different but in the same vein, in my first pregnancy in 3rd tri, I slipped and fell on my butt -- which you would think is a safe place to land. Within 3 minutes, I felt like I was peeing myself involuntarily and ran to the restroom to find I was pouring blood. I stuffed my underwear and went back out to cancel the class I was about to teach and call 911 (the university was like 1.5 hours from home, and my car was nowhere near the building). They took me in an ambulance with sirens blazing to the ER where a full team was ready to do an emergency c-section. I had like 7 people pulling my clothes off and hooking me up to machines and another 3 people having me sign paperwork while in varying stages of undress. My only comfort through this was that I could still feel DD move. And once hooked up to the fetal monitor, DD was totally fine. I had a partial placental abruption - similar to SCH - where a small part of the placenta had ripped and was bleeding. I was also having contractions that I couldn't feel but that would exacerbate the bleeding. After three days in the hospital, I was released on procardia, a blood pressure medication that can help prevent pre-term labor. The rest of the pregnancy was fine, and DD popped out (well maybe it was a more terrifying labor than that haha) right on her due date. 

I know that SCH can possibly lead to miscarriage, but I also wanted you to be aware of at least a couple of cases in which bright red scary bleeding had a positive ending. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the little one. Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk. <so many hugs> <3 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Mamax2Mamax2 member
    ***lurking from Dec 2016 as well*** @Sugargirl1019 I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be visiting back over here randomly for an update. Hugs.
  • DD1 measured a week behind the date I knew was her due date for sure, and she turned out totally fine...well a little weird, but she's my kid after all. DD2 so far started out three days behind schedule and now is running at least a day ahead of schedule. So don't worry about that variation. It's too little to mean anything. And the heartbeat usually starts right around that time. During my scare I was 6w5d and the heartbeat was 120, which concerned me because it's low. By 9 weeks it had picked up to 168 or so. It's still early for you.

We're thinking of you over in D16, and we'll keep checking back. SO many positive thoughts and prayers for you, and please do PM me if you want to talk. I am absolutely here for you. I discussed it in my post, but this limbo is so incredibly difficult. <creepy internet hugs>
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • *also lurking from Dec16* @Sugargirl1019 I am so sorry this is happening to you. Thoughts and prayers for a sticky baby. I echo your sentiment of grow baby, grow! *hugs*
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Sugargirl1019 girl I'm FXing so hard for you.   <3<3<3 Big giant hugs.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @Sugargirl1019
    thinking of you today!!! <3 
  • ***lurking from Dec 16*** @Sugargirl1019 - all the thoughts and prayers heading your way!!! {{{Huge hugs}}}
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sugargirl1019 I had an SCH last pregnancy, which started bleeding around 12 weeks. I had no idea it was there until the first big bleed.

My experience was extremely similar to what you've described. I was on all forms of rest for 4 weeks, then modified bed rest following.  It was SO scary, and I have major anxiety about it happening again this time.  If you ever need someone to talk to about it, please feel free to PM me. I know exactly how it feels - as do the others who have shared experiences. 

DD is 16 months on Monday, BTW. So it all worked out for us. :)
  • *from Dec 16* just saw the message on the December board. Best of luck to you, I truly hope everything goes well for you. :) 
  • Thinking of you! Sending up lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your LO

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thinking of you & sending warm thoughts and strong hopes for the best for you and the little one. Rest up and grow, baby, grow! 
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited July 2016
    Update: Just more of the same. It had really done well and was just brown spotting. But, today as I attempted to wear white shorts and a cute outfit and visit my friend in the hospital, it decided to gush more bright red blood and destroyed EVERYTHING. Thankfully she gave me a pair of sleep shorts and the nurses gave me a pad and mesh panties, and I went home. Cramping a lot still. I've been trying to take it easy. I definitely feel swollen right above my pelvic bone - looks swollen too. I wonder if that's because my uterus is full of blood! Idk. Ugh. Almost there to Tuesday. Ultrasound at 2:45 in the afternoon.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I'm still thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Take it easy momma and hang in there
  • Keeping you in my T&Ps.

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• I'm so sorry that you're going through this! Thinking of you, and sending positive vibes your way.