March 2017 Moms

FFFC (7/29)

Time to confess, ladies!

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC (7/29)

• Loading the player...
  • I've been napping during one if not both of DS daily naps. I regret that I didn't take advantage of this current one..
  • I had to wake up and go to work 2hrs earlier than I usually do today and I couldn't function when I got there so I broke down and had a cup of coffee, 10oz to be exact, and I feel really bad about it but I missed coffee SO MUCH!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @SienaC I would die for a cup of coffee!! Even just your photo makes me want to hurl. :( 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't been taking my prenatals every day. They are so big and the thought of having to swallow them makes me gag. I have my intake appointment today and I'm going to ask if there is something else they can recommend. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @howdthathappen I think there are gummy versions if that sounds less gag -inducing to you!

• We're part of a brand new suburb, so we've always got new houses popping up around us and new neighbors moving in. I've yet to go and introduce myself to any of them. :kissing:
  • @howdthathappen I've forgotten mine more than I'd like to admit! I was better at taking them before I was KU! They make my stomach kind of queasy so I take them before bed instead of in the morning so I don't notice. I put mine by my sink in the bathroom finally this week because I was like this is ridiculous, I need to remember them!

@dubcompanion none of my neighbors talk to each other in my neighborhood and it makes me so sad! We moved into our house last October and I was so excited to have neighbors! But most of ours have older kids or their kids have already moved out so we are kind of the odd ones out, but we are cool! We can hang with people older than us! I guess I could also make an effort.... But after living there almost a year, I guess it'd be weird now lol
  • chrlyrchrlyr member
    @howdthathappen Like the PP said, there are gummies you can take. You can get them pretty much anywhere. The only thing is that I don't think any prenatal gummies include iron. Last pregnancy, I had to take an iron supplement. 

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AverageAsh What do you use to babywear with a newborn? (Brand/Style) I want to buy something to do this but I don't know where to start! I've already picked out a jogger stroller...but I want to babywear a lot of the time too!

• meq124meq124 member
    @AverageAsh my double stroller came in last week  :# I was also big on baby wearing until DD was around 6 months, but it's so pretty! Side note, I got it off Amazon Warehouse, so it was open box but over $100 off for a brand new stroller!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kiki75 I'm love-titting your vengeance farts, but I would be livid. I commend you for not starting a war with the couple (that's the smart thing to do) but I would have made their flight a living hell. :lol:
    "Oh, it's no different than farting? Funny story-" 

"That's what happens when you blow smoke at me."

• SienaC said:
    @AverageAsh What do you use to babywear with a newborn? (Brand/Style) I want to buy something to do this but I don't know where to start! I've already picked out a jogger stroller...but I want to babywear a lot of the time too!
    I know you asked someone else this question, but I'm chiming in to share that we have a Boba 4G and we absolutely love it. There's a newborn insert than can be worn when baby is tiny and then removed when they get bigger. The carrier can also be used into toddlerhood and we still use it from time to time with our 2 year old if we're traveling or something. I've never had any issues with back pain. The Boba doesn't get as much hype as the Tula, but I highly recommend it!
  • Thanks @kiyamurph I'll take all the input I can get! ;) 

• BelcherEarsBelcherEars member
    edited July 2016
    FFFC: The only person out of my family and DH's family I'm not excited about announcing the pregnancy to is my MIL. Last year, right before I was planning on going off BC, my MIL was telling me how excited that my BIL was potentially getting engaged to his then girlfriend (they are engaged now, but he didn't even have a ring at the time). She then went on to say "I know that even if no one else will give me grandchildren, she will. She wants kids."  I literally wanted to slap her. I hadn't told her DH and I were going to start trying and at that very moment, I decided I was never going to. She can be a little selfish, but normally pretty good about stuff. With this, she has just gotten so self absorbed.  

Since my BIL and his GF got engaged, my future SIL has made it clear she wants kids but will wait a few years before trying. Either way, my MIL has non stop been talking about my future SIL's uterus -like every time I see her. Even DH has gotten pretty annoyed with it. I know she's just excited to one day be a grandmother, but there are times I seriously want to strangle her. We have a long weekend planned with them in a month. I told DH that if we get bad news at the US appointment before the trip and I'm stuck all weekend listening to her, I will check her. This has been going on for almost a year. I'm so done. 

Maybe this should have been a Monday B*tchfest post.... 

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• @AverageAsh I think you'll use the double, especially during the summer months.  The older one will get to the point that they want up and down a million times. What striker did you decide on?
  • Another one- I have been at work for nearly 4hrs now and I have yet to do anything productive!

• @SienaC That's me exactly! My coworkers and I have been watching videos on YouTube because we have no desire to work. 

@BelcherEars Girl...I will say a prayer for you. I know what it means to have a MIL that you want to punch in the face. I hope everything goes ok with your US and you can share happy news with your family. 
  • meq124meq124 member
    @NurseMama I'm butting in on your convo with @AverageAsh since I just got one too and I am nosey. I just got the City Select and it's amazeballs!! There are 16 different configurations and both seats are weighted to like 50lbs. I may be in love with my new stroller!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AverageAsh Does baby wearing help much? My first daughter is born a day after yours =) so they are pretty much the same age and was wondering what your plan was with two. 
    Me: 35      Hubs: 27
    Married: 07/04/13
    BFP #1: 8/14/14, Baby Girl born 4/16/15
    BFP #2: 6/21/16, Baby Girl born 2/11/17
    BFP #3: 1/26/19, EDD 10/8/19
    Fur Babies: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Piper and Mia)
  • This is a sad one, lol. My toddler totally rolled out of my bed last night. I wasn't even trying to cosleep in my bed, just so effing tired I fell asleep before I could transfer him. He rolled over and his heavy brace  pulled him off the bed. Doh! Mother of the year over here.  :| 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had an unexpected interview with another department at my job. I havent told many people yet and decided not to mention it during my interview. 
  • @SienaC girl, don't get me started!! I love them all:) my favorites for new babies are the Solly or a ring sling. The Solly is super breathable and it let my LO be more comfortable. 
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • @NurseMama the Graco modes duo. It's as long as a limo but it has ALL THE FEATURES. I liked our last Graco a lot.

@mossn83 we LOVED babywearing. It was great for being hands free and snuggly at the same time:) I hope our next one likes being up as much as Lu did.
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Linnie29 said:
    My husband has literally zero idea of what pregnant women can/can't do. I already told him about the litter box and now I'm kind of looking around my house, getting all sorts of ideas...
    Toilets! Tell him bleach is a nono and you can't clean bathrooms.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Toilets! Tell him bleach is a nono and you can't clean bathrooms.  :)
    @longliveregina I was tempted to tell DH this, but I've seen how he cleans toilets - not cleanly enough! If I want it done right, I need to do it myself. Womp womp.