Cloth Diapering
Options

Update me! :)

My daughter potty trained at 2 and just turned 6 so I decided to de-stash even though I looooved all her CDs. Well, surprise! I'm pregnant!! So it looks like it's time to start fresh. I was a big fan of Thirsties and Bum Genius (both pockets and covers) and had some specialty print ones for fun. Has the world of cloth diapering changed in the last 6 years? any recommendations on something else I should try? Thanks! :smile:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Update me! :)

• Options
    Around 2013 Thirsties changed their aplix/velcro and now they have THE BEST h&l diapers.

Bum Genius is on version 5.0 for pockets now.  Elementals have changed, but not for the better from what i have heard - I never used them so I can't say if it's true.

Look up Cloth Diaper Tech Support on Facebook (or search for Not Just Cloth Diapers) to find more active cd groups. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    I'm a huge fan of best bottoms 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't say enough amazing things about flips! They're made by cotton babies (same as Bumgenius) so they fit the same, and they have a lot of the same prints/colors. I haven't tried the actual Bumgenius diapers as we tried another brand of pocket style and hated everything about them... Best bottoms are a fairly good second, and we have one Buttons cover. I just use flour sack towels as inserts for them.
  • Options
    Around 2013 Thirsties changed their aplix/velcro and now they have THE BEST h&l diapers.

Bum Genius is on version 5.0 for pockets now.  Elementals have changed, but not for the better from what i have heard - I never used them so I can't say if it's true.

Look up Cloth Diaper Tech Support on Facebook (or search for Not Just Cloth Diapers) to find more active cd groups. 
    OOOH good to know. Thirsties has some cute new patterns too :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't know if Swaddlebees Simplex were around when you CD'd the first time, but they are now sold as Blueberry Simplex.

BumGenius released a lot of limited edition prints over the past few years, some people love them and others find it annoying because there's a big feeding frenzy whenever there's a new release. And for a while there was a crazy secondary market for HTF prints. Not sure if that is still the case, though. I think a lot people got tired of it.

Thirsties seems to be releasing some new prints after many years of the same stuff. Diapers are still great quality. I have some of the new Aplix pockets and they've held up really well.

Every now and then a WAHM gets very popular and then they will have stocking events and waitlists and such. Not my thing, but if you hunt down the old regs, I'm sure someone there will be in the know. They also have a weekly swap thread, where you might be able to find some gently used versions of some of these newer things.
  • Options
    Things are going all natural people learned microfiber is a mess. Squeeze out like s sponge. Thirsties has a great natural AIO. Bum genius elastics wear out too fast. I sold all my Bg.