March 2017 Moms

Anyone else get ridiculously tired?

I had a low energy level before I got pregnant and now it is even worse. I am only 6 weeks, 2 days in and I'm feeling like work is suffering because I'm so tired. I chase kids around all day! Also, I come home exhausted. I can't go to sleep too early or else I wake up earlier and it just never worked for me. I need my energy back! Already taking prenatals and can't keep peanut butter with me (my go to protein) because our school is peanut free. Any tips?

Re: Anyone else get ridiculously tired?

• I'm with you girl! Two days before I got the positive test, I was falling asleep midday and I drank 4 cups of coffee. (Oops!) 

I have NEVER been a napper and I've never been the type to tap out super early, but I've been trying to give my body what it needs and right now, sleeping super early is doing the trick. Your
     body is working hard so try going to bed a touch early anyway. Or at least do something restful if you can't sleep.  I've also been having small
    meals every 2-3 hours to prevent me from getting hangry tired. I'm also drinking my normal cup of coffee in the morning, just to get started. 

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • What kind of food gives you energy though without being too heavy and that I can eat fast? I am a preschool teacher so I need things that I can easily grab and eat. Also I'm gluten free. Gosh I hope my children aren't as difficult as I am ROFL!

• Loading the player...
  • Fatigue is definitely wearing a lot of us down. Come join us on the weekly symptoms thread, you'll hear most of us complain about our misery there!
  • MrvlMrvl member
    During week 5 and 6 my main activity was sleeping. Slept up to 20 hours a day.. Now i'm 7.5 weeks and it gets better. I do nap everyday when i can. I work 40 hours a week so mostly i work half a day at the office.. go home for a nap and work from home in the afternoon.
    What i think helped me was eating every 2 hours.. just a little like an apple or some grapes, drink lots of water and sleep when tired... 
  • All day every day.

I got so mad two days ago. As a teacher, I'm still off work for summer. Two days ago, I went to an early workout class, and then I went home for a nap. As soon as I got close to sleep, someone would call my phone. I couldn't ignore it, because it was insurance talking to me about paying my husband's medical bills after a wreck. But, the people calling would space their calls out just enough for me to almost be asleep when the next person would call. 
  • I was tired before getting pregnant but now a nap is a MUST after work. Exhaustion has pretty much been my only symptom besides mildly sore breasts so I won't complain! I'd rather be tired than puking my brains out all day :wink:
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's been varying day to day for me. Some days I can barely keep my eyes open and have been napping when I get home from work and still falling asleep at 8:30pm. Then I have days like yesterday where I felt great and went for a run.

I just have to play it day by day. On days that I'm tired, I definitely try to take some breaks and rest. I even took a nap in my car during my lunch break the other day.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• kjd291kjd291 member
    Mhmmmmmm

• I fell asleep sitting up in a chair! Not even a comfortable chair, a plastic outdoor chair. 
    Last pregnancy I woke up and was sitting on my couch with my winter coat and boots on and my purse next to me. Apparently I got home form work and passed out and didn't know it until I woke up. 

Your body is working so hard and sending so much blood to create the placenta right now. I'm not really sure that any sort of power food would even help at this point. It does pass though, the worst of it anyway. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't afford to be tired yet due to work and travel so I basically ignore it until I literally pass out in the middle of a sentence at night.  I just go all day and then at 10:00pm, which has now become "the witching hour", I peace out so fast and hard nothing will get me up (until I wake an hour later to pee).  I find that light exercise seems to help a little during the day to fight fatigue.  If I'm feeling sluggish in the house (I work from home when not on the road) I do some jumping jacks or run outside for a quick walk or jog (when it's not 100 out).  Jumping jacks are good for a quick burst though.   
  • Can you pack apple slices and a hard boiled egg? Are other seed butters allowed? You could do sunflower seed butter with the apple slices. An apple gives you more energy than a cup of coffee (supposedly). Fatigue is pretty typical, just try to listen to your body and if you're tired, rest.
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I've been feeling extra tired this week. I've actually gone to bed at 9:30 these past two nights. I haven't figured out a way to combat this yet but if I do I'll definitely share.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate hard boiled eggs sadly. Is there a way to safely make scrambled eggs in the microwave? 

• I hate hard boiled eggs sadly. Is there a way to safely make scrambled eggs in the microwave? 
    Yes! in a mug! I usually use some cooking spray, crack the egg and scramble it and then microwave for 15 seconds at a time. I stir with a fork intermittently and make sure you cover with a napkin.

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• veeveemama59veeveemama59 member
    edited July 2016
    Do you have a BJ's membership? I saw little chicken salad cups while I was there today. They're individual servings. They might be nice with some rice crackers or carrots. They have guacamole like that too with tostitos or veggies.

ETA: I am so tired and find my self napping on the reg and still heading to bed before 10. Tonight I refused to load the dishwasher....and now DH is doing it..and I'm not even sorry that he worked a 16 hour day and then had to do light house work...not. even. sorry.

ok maybe a little sorry, but helloooo, I'm gestating over here!

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited July 2016
    Anytime I feel really tired (1-2pm) I eat a mint or a small piece of candy. I don't know if it's a mind trick or small sugar high, but at least it keeps me awake!

Also, @allie92089 I make egg muffins. Mix eggs, cheese, milk, veggies, basically anything you would eat in an omelette. Pour into muffin tins and bake. You can save in the fridge and microwave later or eat cold.
  • Soooooo tired! Monday and Tuesday were the worst for me. Literally could have fallen asleep standing up, except standing up was too exhausting.
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • I just woke up.. and im tired again...

SaveSave