Wednesday Ticker change

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves?

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto?

Re: Wednesday Ticker change

• So I posted early but I'm on the west coast... So I thought I might do it in case we have anyone from Australia or NZ? 

7 weeks! Blueberry baby

i have more blood work on Thursday and Sunday, hoping my levels keep rising. 

Still spotting :( major nausea this last week too

wish I could eat food.

"love will not betray, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free." -Mumford & Sons

• I'm not overseas, but I'm too nervous to Bump at work because my coworkers are nosy and my direct reports have the bad habit of walking behind my desk  :| This way I can get in early on the thread rather than at 7:00 PM tomorrow.
    How far along are you? 6 weeks

How big is baby? Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments this week? Nothing until Aug 11th, and that's just lab work 

Any new symptoms or changes? Holy morning sickness. Sour candy and ginger candy has been helping, but I'm concerned about all of the sugar. I have no idea how folks with morning sickness keep their pregnancy a secret... I share a 3 stall bathroom with roughly 100 other ladies. STMs tell me your secrets!!!!!

Rants/Raves? Again, I don't know how women work through morning sickness. I keep having fantasies of quitting my job and living a life of nauseous leisure until the little one is born. Although, I guess I'm relieved to have some symptoms because otherwise I would be freaking out daily that maybe I wasn't actually pregnant.

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto? Just keep swimming - Dory
  • Loading the player...
  • Good morning! I like early posting. I can sometimes get on at work, but I am constantly fighting the phone battle with my direct reports so I feel like a hypocrite when I do it too much and then turn around and tell them to quit texting all day, lol. 

How far along are you? 8 weeks today 

How big is baby? raspberry / Pygmy sea horse 

Upcoming appointments this week? none

Any new symptoms or changes? my nausea has gotten worse and smells are the devil. I haven't actually puked though. 

Rants/Raves? just that it's hump day! 

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto? Its not really a mantra or motto but I have always loved this portion of a troubadour poem from the Middle Ages:
    "I am Arnaut, who hoards the wind, and chases the hair on an ox, and swims against the tide." 

@ihateusernames* I'm sorry you are spotting. Keeping my fx for your levels!

@direwolfmini I'm eating a lot of sugar candy too - I think about calling out of work every single day, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GG620GG620 member
    Yay! Love early morning posting!

How far along are you? 5 weeks today 

How big is baby? size of a lavender bud

Upcoming appointments this week? nothing until 8/22 - soooo impatient!

Any new symptoms or changes? No changes. Just hungry ALL THE TIME and more tired than usual.

Rants/Raves? Nothing as I am currently on vacation in Maine - sipping coffee and watching the gorgeous sunrise :smile:  (sorry for all the lovely ladies working - ill be back there next week) ha

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto? Be positive and appreciative!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• kjd291kjd291 member
    edited July 2016
    With my EDD im 9weeks today! Baby is officially no longer an embryo, but a fetus!

Babe is the size of a cherry:green olive

going for bloodwork on Monday so my midwives will finally schedule my ultrasound! They don't believe my edd is exact so they want to see how high my numbers are to see if im further along or somethings? Who knows... So impatient! By the time I get in there I'll be at least 10weeks.  I just wanna see my little bean! 

Symptoms - same old nausea all day every day. 

Rave: 29 days until Trimester 2! I have a countdown chain hanging next to my bed, where I pull off a link every morning. Counting down the days till I don't have to feel nauseous.

Motto-- "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

@direwolfmini -- I feel you. ((I was throwing up 3-5x a day last time)) I told my boss and she graciously told me to take my time coming in to work in the mornings. I also took a full week of vacation my 8 1/2- 9 1/2 week when ms peaked. I'm so sure my coworkers all expected something was up. Sometimes I regret just not telling them. I think the anxiety of keeping a secret and trying to pretend you're ok causes half the stomach issues. 
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks

How big is baby? Blueberry

Upcoming appointments this week? 1st prenatal appointment Tuesday!! Finally!

Any new symptoms or changes? I have had morning sickness all day since Saturday however this morning I woke up for the first time not feeling nauseated. Hopefully it will last.

Rants/Raves? I'm going to rave about this Krispy Kreme doughnut I just ate... holy goodness.... like I said, I've been sick since Saturday. Woke up this morning wanting to eat and craving Krispy Kreme.

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto? Seriously right now, any verse in the bible that deals with having faith and trusting in the Lord during these times have gotten me through these first fragile weeks!
  • Super cool quote there @SandwichLover are you into medieval/old English literature? 

Cant wait a it for second trimester too @kjd291 ! That's when I actually enjoy pregnancy and before my hips and vagina feel like they are going to break. 

I have zero secrets @direwolfmini but I also find a bit of relief from the candy. Monty chewing gum is nice too and has less sugar? Sometimes I diffuse peppermint and ginger in my room too. A personal diffuser with those scents might help? Also you could lie and say you're dealing with food sensitivities (which isn't a total lie, it's just temporary lol). 

Super jealous @GG620 are you on holidays with kids? Or just your SO?

In my old birth month board there was an obsession with donuts. Girls were posting pictures and gif's of dancing donuts through the entire pregnancy. Needless to say, that craving became contagious ;) @FishingMama15

• 9 weeks today

a cherry

upcoming appointments: 10 week ultrasound a week from tomorrow; cannot wait!

symptoms: mostly just tired and constipated and stuffy. my stomach still gets a little upset when I eat certain things, but the nausea and food aversions left around 7.5 weeks and haven't really been back (concerns me a little!!) tender breats on and off...

Rants/raves: The classic "happy I don't feel sick, but so anxious about why I don't feel sick". All of this will be easier when we tell our families after the next ultrasound if all goes well:)
  • BelcherEarsBelcherEars member
    edited July 2016

@ihateusernames*  Sorry you are having such bad cases of MS! Constant nausea is an awful feeling. Hopefully you feel like eating something soon and can keep it down!

@direwolfmini Sorry you are having such bad cases of MS as well! Hopefully the MS will let up soon. As for the sugar, I wouldn’t worry too much. There are worse things you could be sucking down during first tri. If they help you keep down other nutrients you’ve eaten for the little one, it’s worth it.

@SandwichLover Thank you  for your R/R. It made me think of this, which made me smile.

@GG620 Oooo I would love to be on vacation right now. Maine sounds lovely. Hope you are having a good time.

@kjd291 Sorry you are having bad MS as well. I hope your visit on Monday goes well and you get good numbers so they will get you in soon! I know waiting for an US appointment can be frustrating.

@FishingMama15 Good luck at your appointment next Tuesday. Also, YES for the KK doughnuts! My favorite is chocolate iced glazed doughnuts. YUUUUUUUUM!

@PurpleDaisy12 Good luck at your US appointment next week!

How far along are you? 7 Weeks 

How big is baby? Blueberry

Upcoming appointments this week?  Nope. No appointment until 8/16… ::Sigh:: 

Any new symptoms or changes? Cramping and sore boobs have pretty much been my constant companion over the last few weeks. I did have my first round of aversion to food this past weekend. I only have a few new things and they are pretty mild. I’ve started to have waves of feeling uneasy at times, but only one time was I flat out nauseous. Not sure if I’m having sinus problems that are causing me to feel this way or if I’m having very mild cases of MS. Also my stomach is apparently upset by anything that I eat. And while my boobs have been growing over the last few weeks, my left boob apparently got a head start because it is larger than my right boob. I’m hoping the right side will catch up soon or it’s going to be very interesting down the line when I get new bras. 

Rants/Raves? They keep it FREEZING at work during the summer! I am currently borrowing a co-workers heater and running it on full blast in my office. Should not have to do this in July.  

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto? I don’t necessarily have a specific mantra/motto, but I’m trying to keep myself level thru out first trimester by thinking things like “Today I am pregnant. Today I choose hope. I gain nothing through worry and negativity. Etc….”

Edit:Words are hard.

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• EvilizEviliz member
    How far along are you? 5 WKS 2 Days

How big is baby? Peppercorn

Upcoming appointments this week? Due to my hypothyroidism, we had an appointment with my Endocrinologist which increase my levothyroxine from  75mcg to 88mcg for the first trimester... then we need to go back in 3 months to check my levels again.

Any new symptoms or changes? Sore Breast & Increased of appetite

Rants/Raves? none

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto? one step at a time and everything will be ok.
    DH and I have decided to hold on to the news until 10 wks. 

• How far along are you? 5 weeks

How big is baby?  An apple seed.  Still tiny.

Upcoming appointments this week? I had this week's RE check yesterday.  The found the gestational sac in my ute and it was on track.  HCG still doubling nicely and landing at 3868 up from 585 on Thursday.  My next appointment is next Thursday.  They would have seen me Tuesday, but I like the office location my doc is on on Thursday's best & I work from home Thursdays so it is just easier.

Any new symptoms or changes?  I am still feeling pretty normal.  Slightly tender boobage, some indigestion and headaches.   My the afternoon I am starting to feel sluggish like I need to lie down. Today I am ravenously hungry.

Rants/Raves?  RPL PGAL situation is just miserable.  I don't feel hopeful that this one is going to turn out any differently for me that the last ones.  The next 2 weeks are going to be long, and stressful and hard.  Even if next week's visit is good I am going to dread the week 7 check.  That's when there has been no development from the week before.  I want to remain positive, but it is really hard!

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto?  I try to not sweat the small stuff, but I am not usually all that good at it.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Lol @BelcherEars is this your first? Or have you breastfed before? Your boob comments bring back fond memories of accidentally only nursing on one side, twice. One boob has stretch marks while one boob is still perfect lol. 

And I am so jealous that you're not sick @PurpleDaisy12  I wasn't sick much with either of my boys. I puked once or twice but it kind of just came out of nowhere. Zero nausea. Those were nice pregnancies!
  • @ihateusernames* lol Your story has ensured I will not forget to switch sides when BF! I wish I had something to blame my issue on, but nope! This will hopefully be my first. Apparently my body is wonky. I thought maybe my left was just a little bigger and I've never noticed till now, but back earlier this year with my first pregnancy (TW: ended in MC), my boobs grew and I didn't have this probably. IDK what gives. DH doesn't seem to mind though. His new job  is "inspecting" them to see if the right one is catching up. Men lol  ;)

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Haha inspector boobies! 
    My boys had different favorite boobies so mine eventually evened out ;) there's hope!
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks!

How big is baby? Eastern tailed-blue butterfly or a cherry.

Upcoming appointments this week? First one is a week after tomorrow, finally!

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really. I've been taking the B6/Unisom combo at bedtime (roughly midnight) and that has been holding me over, so I don't usually feel the nausea until late afternoon/early evening, which is nice.

Rants/Raves? I'm kind of internally griping over the fact that I'll be 20 weeks when we take our cruise in October, which means I'll have to jump through hoops to give the cruise line a "fit to travel" note from my doctor. 

GTKY: What's your mantra/ motto? "This too shall pass."
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • julievdm12julievdm12 member
    edited July 2016
    Hello ladies! I'm very new here! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you. :) 

How far along are you? 5 weeks

How big is baby? Appleseed

Upcoming appointments this week? None yet.... 

Any new symptoms or changes? So. Very. Sleepy. 
    Also a bit of nausea. 

Rants/Raves? Don't want to do anything today.... But I should.... 

God is in control, and this babe is in His hands. 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    Ugh men and boobs!! My first pregnancy my husband was fascinated by the size of my areaolas darkening. And decided to have a running commentary as they grew based on meat... Pepperoni nipples, capicola (sp) nipples, salami nipples.... 
  • @ihateusernames* I definitely was really into medieval lit and poetry in college. I still occasionally read it now too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? Half a Lego block! Or a raspberry :-)

Upcoming appointments this week? Have one Monday at 8w5d to check progress (I'm a FET gal)

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling good! Eating saltines immediately upon waking to help with that empty feeling. Still have to eat every 1-2 hours, usually a Cheese sandwich that will hold me over until the next nausea strike.

Rants/Raves? I'm at the beach and it has really kept my mind off feeling nauseous or tired. Have been dousing myself in mosquito spray per doctor's orders

Be who you are and say what you feel because the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter - Dr Seuss :smile:
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    @Eviliz welcome! One step at a time is a good mantra to have in this journey :)   just FYI-From how far along you said you are, your "ticker change" group to post in would be on Mondays!  When you switch to the next week of pregnancy.  
  • GG620GG620 member
    @ihateusernames* I am in Maine with DH and another couple who are our best friends :smile:  No kids yet so this will be our first. I have actually had more energy than usual this trip - so far I have cycled 100 miles this week yaaayyy haha

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• kjd291kjd291 member
    edited July 2016
    @GG620 YAY Maine! That's where I am from.  Where are you vacationing? Hope you enjoy the rest of your time here!
  • GG620GG620 member
    @kjd291  ahhh yaaayy!! I absolutely love Maine! We are staying in Spruce Head! Have been here since Saturday and are leaving Sunday morning (waaahhhh)) haha. Where are you??

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

[/spoiler]

• kjd291kjd291 member
    @GG620. I love it out there!! It's been a gorgeous week too :) I'm about an hour away in the Topsham/Brunswick area 
  • What did you major in, in college?@SandwichLover
    this fall I'm taking a Victorian lit class and looking into doing some Chaucer-Milton in the winter. I'm not sure that my school does much pre-Chaucer unfortunately :(
  • How far along are you?  9+2 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a cherry.  

Upcoming appointments this week? None this week.  

Any new symptoms or changes? Lots of nausea and gas.  It's like I can feel it moving through my system.  

Rants/Raves? I can't wait for the first trimester to be over.  

Jennifer Rose due 6/27/14 <3
  • @ihateusernames* I was a history major actually. I did a focus on European history, and my interests mainly lay with Medieval and pre-Medieval history. We didn't have (at least that I remember) any lit-specific pre-Chaucer English courses either. There was only one Prof at my college doing that pre-Medieval/Medieval period history and we read a lot of interesting stuff as part of that (like the troubadour poet my quote came from, Arnaut Daniel, and a bunch of contemporary plague accounts - these two categories are what really stuck with me, 10 years later). There weren't enough courses really to keep going with that time period, and later my interests kind of branched out to pre-WWII Germany, with a focus on their film industry, but I always really wished I had been able to keep going with that earlier time period.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited July 2016
    Oh so you studied Weimar Germany? I enjoyed that course a lot too. Also I love sandwiches... ;) 
    Im a double major at the moment because I can't choose! If I choose English, then I'm done taking History FOREVER :( and vice versa
    @SandwichLover