February 2016 Moms

Teeth!

Has anyone's LO got their first tooth yet? Maisie's first erupted over night. It's not a front tooth either....It's far down the side! Odd! 

Re: Teeth!

• No teeth yet, but yours is cross cutting. A friend of mine has a baby about a month older than mine and her LO had a tooth that would come up and then go back in. I'm not looking forward to the teething process. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • smn14smn14 member
    Thanks @DrillSergeantCat that is a new phrase for me! Doing some Googling! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! Gisele cut her first tooth last week...I didn't even realize she had one on the way so caught me by surprise. Hers is a front bottom tooth though. We've been rubbing it with orajel a couple times a day and that seems to make her feel better.
  • Carmine has been drooling like crazy and definitly teething. But no teeth yet. 
  • Lots of drool here but no teeth yet
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited June 2016
    Jacob has tons of drool, and rubs his gums, puts every thing in his mouth including his feet, does the whole shrieking thing too, but no teeth yet. I inspect his mouth all the time and I expect teeth any time. 
  • Jacob puts everything in his mouth and has been more clingy to his binky lately. He drools like it is going out of style! No teeth yet. He's been more fussy lately though. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat Wow! Thanks for the heads up...I had no idea...I used for both my sons but they are 16 and 9 so looks like this warning came out after they were babies.
  • No teeth for us yet but def on the way!Liam chews EVERYTHING  including me:( with my first 2 boys a stern "NO BITING "and they'd stop but he seems to think it's funny (literally laughs if I tell him "no biting mommy")and not letting him nurse for alittle after doesn't seem to work eighter ,then he still does it agian.lots of drool and swollen gums along w a little red line on gum so I'm sure well be seeing teeth soon!
  • My LO had a tooth pop up at 16 weeks! She had been drooling since 12-13 weeks but I assumed she was too young to be teething (even though she was also chewing everything). Boy was I wrong! She's got one on the bottom now and is still drooling/biting so I'm expecting the 2nd soon. 

Getting big too fast I tell ya!
  • Cams first tooth popped yesterday(23.5weeks). He's been drooling and chewing on everything for about 2months! I think the second tooth isn't far behind
  • 18 weeks and first tooth is about to pop through.  :'( I didn't think I would be one of those moms who gets weepy at milestones knowing that she will never be this little and gummy again, but I totally am. I'm going to be a huge mess when she starts crawling. 
  • smn14smn14 member
    I love the gummy smile, I feel sad that it's going! 
  • haylyrhaylyr member
    20 weeks, and the little dude is about to cut his first... he loves chomping on his Sophie the giraffe and frozen/damp washcloths (I keep a couple at the ready at all times). Teething is no joke!
  • We're 21 weeks tomorrow and I'm sure that first tooth will be through in the next few days. He's not very crabby. Just sensitive and clingy. 
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Gisele's 2nd tooth came through about a week after the first one. The crankiness has subsided for the most part but have been bitten a few times after nursing...ouch!   :s
  • smn14smn14 member
    Maisie's second tooth is on its way! I'm glad that she is growing molars first now, harder to bite during nursing! 
  • And now we have 2 teeth at 20 weeks!
  • Liam got 2teeth a week apart but still crabby and non-stop biting and chewing 
  • 2  bottom teeth are out at 19 weeks!
  • Right there with you!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Harrison started teething Saturday night. I came home from a few hours out with a friend and he had a mild fever. I gave him Tylenol and Sunday, he was worse. He keeps grinding his gums together, won't eat much, and is just fussy in general. I kept him home from daycare yesterday per the no fever for 24 hours rule but kept giving him the tylenol because he was so obviously uncomfortable. I take him to daycare this morning with his bottle of tylenol, fill out the proper paperwork including dosage amount and times, and then find out the teacher decided not to give it to him because she "heard that Motrin is better for teething." Excuse me? Since when did you get your MD? Obviously you didn't otherwise you'd know that Motrin for children under 6 months is not approved without a doctor's approval. I called the pediatrician who said, "No absolutely no ibuprofen until he's 6 months old. You did the right thing." I'm livid right now. 

• Oh I would lose my shit too!  It's your child!  What is the point of filling out paperwork with explicit instructions if they're just going to ignore it and do something potentially dangerous because they "thought" it was best??  Did she actually give it to him?  Hang in there mama!
  • Oh I would lose my shit too!  It's your child!  What is the point of filling out paperwork with explicit instructions if they're just going to ignore it and do something potentially dangerous because they "thought" it was best??  Did she actually give it to him?  Hang in there mama!
    No. They're not allowed to give them anything we don't bring. I spoke with her about it this morning and told her that it really upset me that she refused to give him Tylenol because she thought Motrin was better. She said that's not what she meant. I'd be inclined to believe her except when I talked to the director about it yesterday, she said that she asked the teacher what was wrong with Harrison because he was fussy and he's usually all smiles and the teacher told him, "He had a fever yesterday (which he didn't, I held him out because he had one the previous day). His mom says he's teething, but I don't see any teeth." She started crying and said she felt like I don't trust her with my child now. I feel bad about making her cry, but I really didn't do anything cry-worthy. Didn't raise my voice, didn't call her names, nothing. The more I think about it, the more I think she was just trying to manipulate the situation by crying. 

• So weird...totally sounds like she cried so maybe you wouldn't escalate to yelling?  At least she didn't give him the motrin and hopefully going forward she listen to you about what to do with your baby!  Hope little man comes through the teething ok.
  • robinj716robinj716 member
    edited July 2016
    Harrison started teething Saturday night. I came home from a few hours out with a friend and he had a mild fever. I gave him Tylenol and Sunday, he was worse. He keeps grinding his gums together, won't eat much, and is just fussy in general. I kept him home from daycare yesterday per the no fever for 24 hours rule but kept giving him the tylenol because he was so obviously uncomfortable. I take him to daycare this morning with his bottle of tylenol, fill out the proper paperwork including dosage amount and times, and then find out the teacher decided not to give it to him because she "heard that Motrin is better for teething." Excuse me? Since when did you get your MD? Obviously you didn't otherwise you'd know that Motrin for children under 6 months is not approved without a doctor's approval. I called the pediatrician who said, "No absolutely no ibuprofen until he's 6 months old. You did the right thing." I'm livid right now. 
    Ummmm, no. Who was she to decide to go against mothers instructions and not give him Tylenol?!?! Ridiculous. I would be pissed. 
  • robinj716 said:
    Ummmm, no. Who was she to decide to go against mothers instructions and not give him Tylenol?!?! Ridiculous. I would be pissed. 
    She said it wasn't how she meant it. She said that she didn't give it to him because he didn't need it and that would have been fine. I told her I felt like she was saying she didn't give it to him because Motrin was better. She apparently cried for a while. When I picked him up last night the other teacher told me that she was still crying when she got there half an hour later. 

• That seems a bit over the top. She's either manipulative, unstable or has other things going on. Is she very young? Anyway, she screwed up, you called her on it and now she can't deal. Not your problem. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • That seems a bit over the top. She's either manipulative, unstable or has other things going on. Is she very young? Anyway, she screwed up, you called her on it and now she can't deal. Not your problem. 
    I think she was being manipulative. I've been told "that's how she is." She gets busted doing something wrong and then cries about it. She's actually the granny of the center. Sometimes you just don't grow out of certain behavior.

• robinj716 said:
    She said it wasn't how she meant it. She said that she didn't give it to him because he didn't need it and that would have been fine. I told her I felt like she was saying she didn't give it to him because Motrin was better. She apparently cried for a while. When I picked him up last night the other teacher told me that she was still crying when she got there half an hour later. 
    Oh ok. Well maybe it was just one big misunderstanding. Glad it seems things are getting worked out at daycare. 
  • LO is 6 months tomorrow and we've spotted his first tooth today! The bottom left one is just starting to show. No unusual amount of drool or fussing or swollen gums, at least not today or yesterday. Buuut he has had his fussy days; last one was Monday. I thought he was tired, but...maybe this is why.
  • robinj716 said:
    Harrison started teething Saturday night. I came home from a few hours out with a friend and he had a mild fever. I gave him Tylenol and Sunday, he was worse. He keeps grinding his gums together, won't eat much, and is just fussy in general. I kept him home from daycare yesterday per the no fever for 24 hours rule but kept giving him the tylenol because he was so obviously uncomfortable. I take him to daycare this morning with his bottle of tylenol, fill out the proper paperwork including dosage amount and times, and then find out the teacher decided not to give it to him because she "heard that Motrin is better for teething." Excuse me? Since when did you get your MD? Obviously you didn't otherwise you'd know that Motrin for children under 6 months is not approved without a doctor's approval. I called the pediatrician who said, "No absolutely no ibuprofen until he's 6 months old. You did the right thing." I'm livid right now. 
    I realize I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I just remembered that I'd said about how the teacher didn't think he was teething. He popped up his two bottom teeth over that weekend. 

• robinj716 said:
    I realize I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I just remembered that I'd said about how the teacher didn't think he was teething. He popped up his two bottom teeth over that weekend. 
    Aw yay! And see, mommy knows best!