1st Trimester

Need to tell someone!

Hi all, 

I thought I started my period on Sat, but after only spotting on and off (and the thought of eating ice cream, my period food, didn't sound good at all) I took a test this morning and it was positive!! I took a second one here at work just to make sure and it was positive as well! I'm now feeling overwhelmed with excitement and worry... I needed to tell someone before I get to tell my husband tonight! I had an ectopic pregnancy in January of this year so all I want is to be reassured this isn't another one, according to my last period I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I thought back in January they told me the next time I get pregnant I'll get to have an ultrasound at 6wks to make sure not ectopic but when I called my OB this am the receptionist made it sound like I'll have to wait longer. She's going to consult my dr and get back to me With the appt time. I've been fighting tears since then just hoping I get to find out soon.... Ah the waiting game. My daughter turns 2 on Friday and goodness these hormones! Whew, thanks for letting me rant!

Re: Need to tell someone!

• Congrats!  After a previous ectopic pregnancy, I had betas every 2 days to make sure they were doubling, and ultrasound as soon as the hcg was ~2000 (5 weeks) and another at 6.5 weeks (since the 5 week ultrasound showed a gestational sac but no embryo - too early).  If you don't hear back from your doctor than definitely call back and insist on speaking with the doctor or at least a nurse.  You shouldn't be waiting around with that history.  Hope this is a sticky baby for you!