February 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest (7/25)

Haven't seen this thread in a while! 
BITCH AWAY, FOLKS!!

First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Monday Bitchfest (7/25)

• My toddler has been waking up at 5 am for 3 days straight. I'm exhausted!! 

DS needs to get his shit together, already. Mommy is dooooone.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Thank you for this!!! lol. Here goes, copied from the randoms page which much better fits here:
    DH seems to have caught the pregnancy hormones, because he was beyond moody yesterday. I was like wth dude! Pure crabapple, complaining about everything and spouting off. He was looking for our credit card, I told him in my wallet. He is standing right in front of my purse. Then he gets frantic "where's the wallet? Why can't you give me better directions?! OMG!" He was flipping. I'm like, in my purse...where my wallet always is. Hellooooo. And then he squawked the rest of the night like a pissed off bird. I was like thanks, cuz I totally need to deal with your moodiness on top of my own. Fantastic! LOL. Love him to death, but I was like if this keeps up, you may need to camp at your Mom's house for a hot minute to give me a break. Where is this doting husband who treats his pregnant wife like a china doll and lavishes her with care and gentle words?? That must be imaginary. Not to say he hasn't been helpful and kind and some days so incredibly doting, but this new moodiness is really pissing me off! And I said to him: can you cut the shit please? I am pregnant. And he goes: "SO????" I was like I will give you "so???" you mf-er, I am going to whollop you in your sleep LMAO. I didn't of course, but boy did I envision it for a second. Sometimes I am just sensitive and somewhat insecure and I need him to not be a turd burger. I so hope he cuts the crap. Seriously!
  • Loading the player...
  • My co-manager literally tells me he's leaving early every time we're together (we rotate offices, so I see different clinical managers on different days).  He doesn't do this with any other manager.  I don't know why he feels like that's okay.

Today his reasoning is, he's "too tired" to stay all day, he already came in thirty minutes late.  Dude, I'm growing a human and I'm here, you need to be present and suck it up.  Also, I am useless in the clinic cause I have zero clinical training, so if you leave we're pretty much boned.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH leaves an hour and a half earlier for work than I do. Also wakes up that much earlier... He turns on the light multiple times when getting ready and this morning my 3 yo was in bed with me and he woke her up to say goodbye. He also let the cats in our room so they were kneading and mewing at us. I was so pissed.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Oh, and just so you ladies know, I am not "loving" your posts to poke fun or anything like that, I am just trying to say I feel ya girl!!! Let it out!! lol.
  • We told my parents yesterday at 1:00 that I was pregnant.  She asked if she could share the news, and we said not yet.  

At 8:00 I got a call from my sister who knew the news.  After I got off the phone with her I called my brother, who also knew.  Way to go, mom.  Way to keep the secret.  

And my mom didn't just see either of them and tell them out of excitement.  She had to call both in order to tell them.  Ugh.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • It was pouring down rain this morning when I was taking DS to school and the school has an awning that 4 cars can easily fit under at one time without anyone getting wet when taking their children out of the car. When I pulled up there were 2 cars on one side and one car on the side where I was pulling up. This lady decided she would just park smack dab in the middle. She even saw me pulling up and getting my child out of the backseat that was halfway out from under the awning. I'm glad her child stayed dry this morning. Some people need to use some common sense. I could of waited for her to get back to her car, but she had just pulled up so I there was no telling how long I would of waited for her to get back. Ugh. Rant over. 
  • @peachesnbean that would drive me insane. I would talk to him about preparing the night before because disturbing you early isn't really fair. If that failed I might try waking him early a few times. (Maybe on the weekend) Sounds mean but i take sleep seriously. I have a rule about saying goodbye or goodnight- if the child is sleeping he needs to move on. Blow her a kiss, say goodbye in his head, do not wake up a sleeping child. 
  • Part of my job is to keep some gardens alive. I should really water them today, but I get dizzy whenever I stand up and it's very hot here. There's nobody else around this week who can help. Very annoyed and unsure how to proceed. 
  • My husband has been off work the past 9 days and went back today. He got up with the kids every day and did a lot of the housework. Now I have to go back to doing it all after being spoiled. I'm sitting here counting down the minutes until nap time. How the hell is it only 10?
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• My PCP DENIED my Zoloft script. Because, apparently I need to come in for an annual exam, even though I just saw her three months ago. When did they deny the refills? JULY 19.

Did anyone TELL me? Walgreens, my dr office, Jesus... no one. No one informed me that my script wouldn't be waiting for me. 

So, go to take my pill Thursday night, I'm out. Well, shit. Happens. Go to pick up script Friday after work (READ: after 5pm) and no refill. Told I have to wait until MONDAY to refill.

Excuse me? I'm pregnant, my grandaddy just died this week and you're telling me I get to stop my Zoloft cold turkey for four days and then jump on it again? Are you trying to KILL me? I saw red. Shaking crying anger. I powered through the weekend with my husband being extra gentle with my emotions and mood and overall coping skills all weekend. I called and gave an earful to my PCP nurse, called my OB and got them to send in interim script for me, and now I'm on the hunt for a new PCP that isn't a complete imbecile.

/bitch

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• @jstringfellow19 Dude- I've seen it a thousand times. WHY are people so oblivious of others? It blows my mind how self centered they are. It's just second nature to think of the car in front of or behind me when pulling up to an awning like that. I would give serious side eye shit to that lady.

• jab3-2jab3-2 member
    BlondePeanut, mine is acting out the same way, I hear ya. He's driving me nuts. One minute he's all lovey dovey the next he's enraged. I thought I was bad... I wish we could switch bodies with them for even an hour, that would give them a small tiny taste of what it's like. I wish I could say DH has gotten better about this considering we're on our 3rd, but um nope. Dude just doesn't get it. Hopefully yours is just going through a little phase! 

Tennis11785 Boooo to your mom WTF come on! My mom is being the complete opposite and refusing to discuss it with anyone (including those who already know hah) until I'm at least 12 or 13 weeks. 

My bitch for the day is that my sister is starting to plan her wedding which is fall of 2017. I'm the matron of honor, there's a maid of honor, and six other bridesmaids (four of which are our cousins.) My sis also wants my kids to be the ring bearer and flower girl. The maid of honor started this email chain (my sis is not included on it) to chat about plans and details. Anytime I try to make a suggestion or chime in with my opinion, it's either entirely ignored or shut down in a really rude ass way. Not cool. But because I'm not about to start drama over it since it's for my sister, I've just backed off almost entirely. Kinda sucks though because I feel like I'm being pushed to the side and I wanted to be more involved with this obviously. All the others involved with the exception of maybe 2 people are like the hardcore planning, their way or the highway, controlling Type A types so it's not really shocking this is happening. Eh I'll get over it.

• @BlondePeanut How long have you been married?

• My husband made himself some kind of Asian inspired noodles for dinner yesterday. The smell got to me so bad I was almost gagging. He then got really annoyed when I had to make him leave the room to finish eating. Sorry but I can't help it!
  • @CallMeLauraJane that's such bullshit.. your doctor should give you samples to tide you over. 
  • My H is also a huge sandy vagina right now.  This morning he yelled at me for getting up at 8 even there was no indication we were supposed to get up earlier.  then he yelled at me for the bowls not getting clean in the dishwasher, like I have the power over that. 
  • @CallMeLauraJane - together 9 years total and married for 4 years
    @Jab3  - exactly! have them be a pregnant woman and see if it is "so???" then! lol. I wish you the best, hope your dude wakes up for lucky #3! I'm hoping mine snaps out of it too. Pain in my butt lol

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited July 2016
    I've been rarely cleaning lately but I did get our downstairs bathroom done a couple days ago. My H cut his hair in there yesterday before he went to work and didn't clean it up. He's done this regularly since we first moved in together 11 years ago so it's nothing new, but you would think he wouldn't have left it a mess considering cleaning now a days is getting rare. It was lucky I even got it clean in the first place. And while I'm complaining I'd like to throw the weather in there. It's been in the 90s and I know other people have had triple digits but for me this is ridiculously hot to have to be gardening in.

@jab3 I'm imaging the bridesmaids movie lol

Edit: felt bad griping about my husband so I balanced it with something nice he did for me in the randoms  board. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Xstatic3333I would be terrible at that.. I kill everything :(
  • @kswiger06 - YES this hot weather sucks. I have been jailed in my house by the AC because our high 90's weather with 90% humidity makes me feel like I wanna throw up and pass out. YUCK

• @jstringfellow19 Dude- I've seen it a thousand times. WHY are people so oblivious of others? It blows my mind how self centered they are. It's just second nature to think of the car in front of or behind me when pulling up to an awning like that. I would give serious side eye shit to that lady.
    Oh you can believe that I said a few choice words under my breath and let the front desk girl get an earful. She got up and looked out the door and just shook her head. 
  • @BlondePeanut and @kswiger06 it was a heat index of 116 here yesterday. I had to water our community garden and got so dizzy I almost passed out. Glad to know I'm not the only one in an AC prison right now. my dog is going crazy tho!
  • @Gretchypoo - u are so not alone! 116??? Yikes! And here I am bitching about 97 degrees....lol

• @Xstatic3333I would be terrible at that.. I kill everything :(
    I usually like it, but it's been tough lately. The person I've been delegating it to is away at a training. 
  • scifichick09scifichick09 member
    edited July 2016

So, this is a long one. Sorry.

Friday morning DH and I realized time had gotten away from us and we forgot to order the onesie and maternity shirt I wanted to use for our announcement photo on Sunday. So I bit the bullet and paid an extra $8 in shipping PER ITEM (it was abut $17 total after checkout) to have it shipped overnight and arrive on Saturday.

It did not arrive Saturday. I got a notification around 11:30 that it had been left on my porch, I went out and checked within 5 minutes....nothing...nothing in the mailbox....landlord is outside painting the exterior, I ask him if UPS has been here, he says no. Interesting.

I call UPS and after being on the phone FOR OVER AN HOUR they finally tell me they are sending the driver back to locate the package and talk to me. The driver arrives and REPEATEDLY swears that he KNOWS he left it on my porch, he remembers. Someone must've stole it. I keep telling him that's not possible, there were people out front who say no one was here, and he just keeps coming back with "look at my scanner, this is your address, so it was here"   Ummm...I understand that my address was on the package and that you scanned it....but that doesn't mean you left it on THIS porch. After about 15 minutes of arguing I tell him we're done and he leaves.

Sunday morning a neighbor from the other end of our neighborhood brings by my package. Amazing, since the driver left it on my porch. I called UPS back this morning and rained hell down on the driver to his manager. That driver will rue the day he ever thought it was a good idea to lie to me. I feel bad, but I think I might've got him fired :/

Moral of the story: don't fuck with a pregnant woman.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Amazon was very helpful and refunded me all of my shipping costs, so that was great.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CallMeLauraJane A big WTF to your doctor. I'd be livid. Glad your ob came through... And that you're shopping for a new PCP. Doctors are too educated to have any excuse for being that stupid. Those of us who decide to take our meds during pregnancy do it because we NEED to. Mental health is important, and during pregnancy feeling healthy and balanced becomes even harder. Ugh. I'm just super annoyed on your behalf.
  • @Tennis11785 that sounds like my parents to a T!!! I had to literally threaten my mom that she would not meet her grandchild if she told my Grandma before I was able to.

Three weeks ago was my niece's Baptism. My immediate family all knew we're pregnant, but my SIL's family and all of their friends and our family friends obviously did not know. My dad asked if we were planning to announce that day and very straight forward I said "No, today is Gabriella's today, it is not about me and it is not my announcement." Also, I haven't even told half of my friends so I didn't want to tell my brothers friends and my parent's friends first.

What does my dad do?!?! I'm standing in a room talking with a group of about 16 people and my dad walks in and yells "HEY EVERYBODY! DID YOU HEAR?!?!?!" And stares right at me and DH!!!!!

ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME, DAD?!?!?!?!?!?

So I said "Well, that was subtle. Glad we're not announcing it today, Dad, but hey, we're pregnant!"

It took me a few days to calm down and just take it in that he was excited and wanted to tell everyone as this will be his 2nd grandchild, but I really had the urge to just scream at him!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BlondePeanut and @kswiger06 it was a heat index of 116 here yesterday. I had to water our community garden and got so dizzy I almost passed out. Glad to know I'm not the only one in an AC prison right now. my dog is going crazy tho!
    Heat index here right now is 128.  After 5pm.  I refuse to acknowledge that outside exists.
  • Also this is really petty but I'm doing laundry and I just cannot fathom why a grown man needs FIVE pairs of board shorts.  Apart from our occasional vacations, he goes swimming like 4 times a year.  And these are not cheap shorts - he buys the fancy Patagonia ones that cost like $75!  I only have 3 swimsuits and I'm off all goddamn summer!
  • lj1846lj1846 member
    This is my first pregnancy and my husband and I are very excited to share the news but just 12 weeks yesterday so we wanted to wait a bit. 
    Last night my mom posts on Facebook that she's going to be a grandmother blah blah blah and tags me in it. My husband hasn't even told his family yet.. her response was "this grandmother has rights"
    When I told her I think she needs to apologize to myself and my husband she said I was turning this into a negative thing and I should be celebrating.
    Ugh
  • Omg @lj1846 that was TERRIBLE of her!!! :(  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lj1846 said:
    This is my first pregnancy and my husband and I are very excited to share the news but just 12 weeks yesterday so we wanted to wait a bit. 
    Last night my mom posts on Facebook that she's going to be a grandmother blah blah blah and tags me in it. My husband hasn't even told his family yet.. her response was "this grandmother has rights"
    When I told her I think she needs to apologize to myself and my husband she said I was turning this into a negative thing and I should be celebrating.
    Ugh
    That's terrible.  I literally would kill my Mom if she did this, fortunately she's be through this thrice before and even when I outright guessed with my brother and SIL that she was KU with #3 my mom still didn't spill (though she did tell me brother I was on to him so he better spill soon and he did that day).  We also told DH's parents already cause DH wanted to be "fair" though I was more nervous about their ability to keep it to themselves.  They have done a great job of keeping it quiet.  I am most nervous about telling DH's sister cause she has a way of making our special moments about her.

When we posted our engagement on Facebook I asked DH specifically if his siblings knew and he said, "Yes I told my Dad to tell them."  So we posted some photos and his sister comments right away "Wow, thanks for telling your family."  In an effort to make us look bad even though we had told his family.  At our wedding she got drunk and cried in the bathroom for two hours so DH's Step-Mom missed the bouquet toss and cake cutting to take care of her (and she made it a point to tell every guest who deigned to pee that the groom was a terrible brother and he hated her).  Point is, family can be cruel and intentionally or unintentionally not realize their making the moment more about them then you.  It sucks and I sympathize.  We are waiting until at least 12 weeks to tell his sister as a result.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lj1846 aww that stinks. My mom has once tried to pull the grandma has rights card. She royally pissed me off once so I told her if that's how it would be she'd never have anything to do with me or my kids. She actually looked into it, and apparently she could have tried taking me to court for grandparents visitation. Things are never that serious with me and my parents but the fact that she looked into that had me thinking she was a little nutty. I hope you get to tell your husbands side before word spreads. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HeatSparks I feel you, I feel like I have been completely worthless the last two months my dizziness, nausea and throwing up have consumed my life. I throw the tiny bit of energy I have into my day job and spend the rest of my life in bed or with my porcelain bestie. I was so sick last pregnancy but I swear this one is worse!!

its sad when your 2yo begs you to get out of bed..

#down10lbs+ #readyforfoodtobemyfriend
  • jab3-2jab3-2 member
    HeatSparks I really hope you start feeling better soon. There's nothing pathetic whatsoever about you going through what you are and not feeling positive about it all the time. You dont have to feel guilty for not feeling grateful about feeling like shit right now. 
  • @lj1846 That is completely out of line for your mom to spill your news. It is your right to share when and with whoever you want. 

Sounds like mom needs to be the last one to get all news from now on! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • krobkrob member
    @kswiger06 - YES this hot weather sucks. I have been jailed in my house by the AC because our high 90's weather with 90% humidity makes me feel like I wanna throw up and pass out. YUCK

This was me this morning. About to throw up and pass out at the same time on a NYC sidewalk during rush hour. Wasn't a pretty sight. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @kswiger06 wow I've never heard of grandparents rights. I wonder if that's a regional thing.