Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Owlet monitors- yay or nay?

Hi ladies.....we are just starting our registry and getting serious about purchases for our expected little one in the next few weeks.  I don't know anyone that has personally used these monitors so just wondering what some thoughts are on them.

Thanks!

Re: Owlet monitors- yay or nay?

• Options
    I LOVE mine! It is wonderful! It has saved me soooooo many sleepless nights, especially when he had a cold at six weeks. I could see that his oxygen levels were good even though it sounded like he couldn't breath. I can also tell if he's asleep yet, or how deap of sleep he is in by looking at his heart rate.
    Absolutely wonderful and I think a must have!
  • Options
    I don't have one but a bunch of the moms in my  BMB have them and rave about them. I'm a third time mom and it seems the owlet really helps those FTMs with their anxiety when baby is sleeping. I remember this anxiety with my first, I was checking to make sure he was breathing when he was sleeping, so I can see how it could be helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and bought an Owlet for my daughter. It turns out she absolutely hates having the monitor on her foot. She kicks it off within minutes and if she can't get it off she screams. My daughter also doesn't like having her arms swaddled, so I think she's just picky. It's an awesome device though, I'm sad my daughter doesn't seem to like it. I will most likely end up selling mine rather than letting it sit and collect dust.
  • Options
    There's another clip on type one called Snuza too 
  • Options
    Mbondi0 said:
    I'm a FTM and bought an Owlet for my daughter. It turns out she absolutely hates having the monitor on her foot. She kicks it off within minutes and if she can't get it off she screams. My daughter also doesn't like having her arms swaddled, so I think she's just picky. It's an awesome device though, I'm sad my daughter doesn't seem to like it. I will most likely end up selling mine rather than letting it sit and collect dust.
    This. We borrowed our neighbors because their baby would kick it off in under a minute, and they were going to give it to us if DD didn't mind it. Turns out she hated it too, so they sold it. 

We we have the Mimo and we love it. Super easy to use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker