June 2016 Moms

Need to vent

My mom is retired and moved out here to take care of our baby full-time. I am extremely grateful for that especially since mom and I weren't super close. However she was supposed to just stay with us temporarily while she bought a condo. It's now been two months and every condo she's looked at, she's found something wrong with. Every. Single. One. There is probably NOTHING that exists that will fit all her criteria. And she doesn't want to rent an apartment because she doesn't want to waste the money. I'm ready to tell her I will pay for the frickin apartment but of course she will say no and just continue staying with us. I do not want her living here forever and she is really fucking pissing me off. 

Re: Need to vent

• edited July 2016
    Need to vent some more...she said she would be afraid to sleep in her new place (this was before she backed out of buying one particular condo) and would need someone to sleep there with her the first night...I was speechless, I can't even begin to deal with such stupidity, sorry I sound mean but I am fed up with her. 
  • I can imagine that is frustrating.  I on the other hand have the complete opposite problem.  I wish my mom would move in with us.  I don't even care if she watches my little one or not, though it would be nice.  It would save her so much money and I think my house would be s little cleaner.  Win win i say, but she is not interested in the slightest.  I am going to keep trying though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain @Knottie13257900 my mom lived with for a bit and was only suppose to be 2-3 months and it turned into 6. Love my mom but that was difficult on our relationship and my marriage. I hope she figure it out! 
  • Wow @Knottie13257900. Your mom is providing free child care. Suck it up and tell her you will spend the night with her the first night when she finds and gets a place. I'm not sure why you call this fear "stupidity". I hate staying in new places at first and always feel better if someone can stay with me.

You apparently agreed to let her move out there to help you, so be a pal and reciprocate the help. Especially if it benefits you in the long run and she moves out.
  • edited July 2016
    I understand you being ready for her to move out but free child care is very hard to come by and knowing your child will be in a safe loving environment while your gone is priceless. I agree with @June2016BabyW stay with her a night or two think of how little that request is compared to all she will be doing to help you out. 
  • rbfleirbflei member
    Nope, TOTALLY get it. My parents moved in with us temporarily. The agreement was to stay one year that will end soon. Great in theory but there is something about living with your parents that just brings every frustration to the front. They just hit all my nerves and I swear if they were strangers, I'd have no problem but, I am so over it. The situation just makes me stressed even more as I get no alone time with her. So their problems with things I think are trivial send me right over the edge. I haven't snapped but I know where you are and if I hadn't agreed to a few more months I would be right there with you. I know I will miss them once they leave but for today I just want to have alone time with my husband and baby.
  • Nope, TOTALLY get it. My parents moved in with us temporarily. The agreement was to stay one year that will end soon. Great in theory but there is something about living with your parents that just brings every frustration to the front. They just hit all my nerves and I swear if they were strangers, I'd have no problem but, I am so over it. The situation just makes me stressed even more as I get no alone time with her. So their problems with things I think are trivial send me right over the edge. I haven't snapped but I know where you are and if I hadn't agreed to a few more months I would be right there with you. I know I will miss them once they leave but for today I just want to have alone time with my husband and baby.
    Thanks, I was trying to think of how to tell my mom nicely that I don't want her living here forever, and I think your last sentence expresses it well. I just want to have my family time which was supposed to be the three of us, not us and my mom.