March 2016 Moms
Options

Stay at home moms

Hey moms!! If any of you are stay at home moms, what are some ways you bring in income?  I am dying on my part time income but really don't want to put my 4 month old in day care (and don't want to pay for it) I need some ideas of how I can work from home or just bring in extra income. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Stay at home moms

• Options
    I was in the same boat! I've actually just became an Usborne Books consultant. They're children's books and I looove them. My 4 month old enjoys them too actually but anyway, it's awesome because you can work as much or as little as you like. I seriously do all my business on Facebook and I only spend a few hours a week really focusing in it. I looked into all the other type of home business like makeup or body care products but I don't use much make up so I couldn't really get behind selling the stuff. I some women on my team have been doing it for years and make a very good living from it. Others have been doing it for just a few months and also do very well for themselves. If you have Facebook I'd love to show you what it's all about. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Yes I'd love to hear more about it!! What's your name on facebook I'll add you
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nicole Gazaleh
  • Options
    I left my full time job several years ago and opened a licensed daycare in my home. You can decide how many kids to watch depending how much money you need. I also received a lot of tax write offs for it. I don't do it anymore, but it's what allowed me to stay home with my first. 
    BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I sell some of the kids' extra/outgrown clothes, toys, etc. at a local children's consignment event twice a year. Their site claims the avg consigner makes >$400, but I do well to earn $50 (I don't have much stuff to sell, I guess). I have sold books and other stuff on amazon and eBay, but I guess you need to be good at finding things to flip to make more than a few bucks with those methods.
    The day care option sounds great. I wish I could do that, but I have looked into sitting a couple other kids and working at local churches' mother's day out.
  • Options
    I sell Scentsy and I absolutely love it. I have been a consultant for 3 1/2 years and get to stay at home because of it and my hubby only works one job now(I was working 3 jobs and totally exhausted all the time and hubby was working two). I love being able to work on my own schedule and honestly only spend a couple hours a week at most doing it. My best advise would be to sell a consumable product that really sells itself. For me I have found Scentsy truely sells itself. I cannot explain the many blessings I have received from this opportunity. I hope this helps a little. If you have questions or anything please let me know, I would be happy to answer them! :)