March 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread: Week of 07/18

Re: Symptoms Thread: Week of 07/18

• Options
    @irishrose54 I have poor circulation in my feet. One of my first clues during the TWW was how easily my feet were falling asleep and going numb... in a 74 degrees environment. I don't get the painful legs, but I think I will bring up the poor circulation issue with my OB. I advise you to do the same with your OB at your first check-up, just to be safe. :smile: But stabby sore boobs seem quite normal!
  • Options
    Is anyone dealing with very sore legs? Every day by the evening, I am in PAIN. I have to elevate my legs. It is kind of worrisome. I have spider veins and have always had poor circulation in my legs. I've had this feeling before pregnancy but it's usually after walking for miles upon miles, not just everyday pain like it is now. 

I also just started having sore boobs??? Idk if I can qualify it as sore but omg I am getting these stabbing awful pains that stop me in my tracks. 

Stuck in the box.
    I wouldn't worry, but I'd mention it to your doctor...I think leg pains it's one of the things they sometimes ask about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @dubcompanion and @longliveregina. I was planning to ask the RE since I haven't yet switched to an OB (I am planing to find a new one). I am going in again on Thursday so I will ask then (if not before bc if this keeps up I will start to get realllllly cranky).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    @Scarlett830 yes to the backpain!  It isn't constant, but every now and then it's awful, I've noticed it after a poor night of twisted sleep the most. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @kelizr i had a wicked stuffy nose last pregnancy. and then was blessed with 6 months of at least one bloody nose a day
  • Options
    kelizrkelizr member
    No!!! That will not be cool in classroom of 3rd graders! Lol

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm nauseous everyday.  It starts in afternoon and lasts all evening.  I have backaches everyday.  I'm exhausted but have insomnia.  I wake a lot around 1am and struggle to go back to sleep.  No sore boobs this time around.  They were horrible with the first pregnancy but that was about my only symptom.  
  • Options
    chrlyrchrlyr member
    Is anyone not feeling bloated yet? At this point with DS, I was so bloated that I felt like I was going to float away.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cramps are driving me nuts...they come and go and I try not to think about them (no spotting) I even POAS today just to make sure its all good lol. But them I get constipated alternating with the runs....ugh my insides feel like a disaster.
  • Options
    @irishrose54 Try compression knee highs! They are a little on the expensive side but nurses wear them because their legs get to tired and sore and swollen after so many hours on their feet. I have "Total Compression Solutions" brand and they have so many cute patterns! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I will google/look on Amazon for those. A friend of mine told me the same thing, said they did wonders for her! Now it needs to just get a little cooler so I can wear pants w them and not sweat like crazy lol. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @irishrose54 I get sore legs too! My muscles get so tight and sore.  I try to stretch every night before bed.  I had them with my first as well but not really my second.  It's already started this time! I took my daughter to an amusement park Friday and thought I was going to die the rest of the weekend! 
  • Options
    Tired. As. F. For real. Over the weekend I took 2 hour naps and still went to bed at 10:30. Normally I clean certain areas of the house on the weekends, but this time I didn't do squat. Before my husband went to bed on Saturday, he had the audacity to tell me to wake him up for sex later. Ha! It took everything I had to not to slap him. I feel about as sexy as a hobo. 
    I also feel nauseous when I start eating. I'll be hungry but then the minute I start putting food in my mouth I want to hurl. I haven't had any boob soreness like everyone else. I'm 7 weeks and first doc appt isn't until next week. 
  • Options
    Vaginal yeast infection. Lovely. Apparently super common in pregnancy due to crazy hormones, but I only had one very late in my pregnancy last time. Starting OTC treatment today that my OB recommended, but suddenly very nervous about the possibility of it spreading and turning into thrush since I'm still breastfeeding. Reeeally hope that doesn't happen. 
  • Options
    Also, acne. Thank you, hormones. 
  • Options
    @joyfuljenny

This is so gross to think about but I had vaginal yeast infection after DS while breastfeeding and the best treatment for me was to put natural plain Greek yogurt down there... Sounds bizarre but the probiotics clear that shi right up!!! 

• Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    Well, 8 weeks tomorrow and the actual vomiting has begun. Good God, I can't take 5 weeks of this :cry:
  • Options
    Tired, crampy, nauseous, peeing constantly. Falling asleep at 8:30 and waking up at 4am. I'm a hot, sweaty mess in the mornings and shivering under a blanket in the evenings.

I have noticed that simple tasks are making me tired faster. We're currently renovating the space above our garage (making it into a guest suite). DH won't let me paint (thank God because I got one whiff and it was awful). But I was helping him remove all the hardware in the room last night and I never thought using a screwdriver could be so exhausting. It makes me laugh because I spend our whole vacation a few weeks ago doing all this stuff all day long and it didn't make me anywhere near this tired. 30 min vs 10 hours...
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    Like @PattersRN I'm loving my boobs! I already have a larger chest, and they aren't necessarily bigger but dang they are perkier! They are so nice right now I wish they could stay this way forever lol. They do feel super heavy when I'm not wearing a bra though I'm like gees are these boulders I'm carrying around here?!
  • Options
    To start, I'm very pale.  And I just noticed some very subtle pigment on the skin around my areola, like stippling from a paintbrush. I've heard about areolas darkening, but the skin around them?  Is this a thing?   :| They are also super itchy.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    I have the worst cramps off and on for the past week. I called my OB last night, and because I am not spotting and it isn't localized (symptoms of ectopic pregnancy), she said not to be worried. I am not experiencing any nausea though- a little worried that cramping is my only symptom. 
  • Options
    I have a new symptom: ITCHY nipples. Because they weren't already literally standing out enough!

@jmn128 I'm tan, but I've read that skin changes in general are typical with pregnancy - particularly in places with already dark pigmentation. The areola can influence changes even if it's not the areola itself. Apparently even the labia can darken... I don't frequently observe that though, lol. 
  • Options
    jmn1985 said:
    To start, I'm very pale.  And I just noticed some very subtle pigment on the skin around my areola, like stippling from a paintbrush. I've heard about areolas darkening, but the skin around them?  Is this a thing?   :| They are also super itchy.
    I had the same kind of stippling effect with my first pregnancy, and also got incredibly veiny boobs pretty early on too. I'm also pretty pale, and am waiting for it to happen again.
  • Options
    Anyone else having the side effect of rapid fingernail growth? My nails have always been short, stubby, slow to grow and really thin. Now they're growing like I drink gelatin three times a day and are thick! It's like having acrylic nails! I love it! I'm giving my self a mini manicure (no polish) when I get home tonight! Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    @theabels. This happened to me with first pregnancy and this one too. I had the same reaction of being concerned and wondering if it was a virus or something instead because everyone talked about constipation being the pregnancy issue, but it's just the way my body handles the pregnancy hormones I guess! It got better in second tri-no more nausea with it, but stayed loose, but never havonf to deal with constipation was great!
  • Options
    theabels said:
    I can't remember if I complained about this yesterday or not...but I'm tired! lol I've been cleaning up and getting ready for company and I just need to rest...I just took a 45 minute nap! Productivity is low! 

TMI***

With DS I remember being extremely constipated. I wouldn't poo for days on end...this time around I feel like I'm having an irritable bowel attack at least once a day. I get the cramping and I feel nauseous. Fortunately I am able to go, but it's making me anxious! Anyone else experiencing more bowel movements? I don't mind talking poop (hubs is a plumber and I have a 20 month old, nothing is safe) but let me know if you want me to not talk about my poop.

I'm definitely having the opposite problem of constipation. I think this happened the first time around too, just not as bad. 
    Also, I always love a good poop convo. :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    GG620GG620 member
    edited July 2016
    Hi everyone! Just poking in since I am brand new (EDD 3/31/16 if I am right). 4 weeks tomorrow so nothing really going on yet, but cramping. Much like AF cramps, but I have read from all of your symptom posts this seems to be pretty normal. Can't wait to experience everything else (good and the bad haha).

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    edited July 2016
    The morning nausea is getting to me.  Every day it seems to be lasting longer and longer (about 30 minutes this morning).  I also get nauseous for about 30 minutes after I eat anything.  I've been having headaches too from nicotine withdrawal (which is a good and bad thing), but my doctor says those should go away soon.  And holy sore boobs Batman.  I wince taking off my bra at night.  Oh, and any tips you might have regarding constipation would be greatly appreciated.  Seems like all the fun symptoms right now.

• Options
    I don't want to eat anything..... nothing... seems like apple is ok, peach is not ok. nausea comes in waves. fatigue is less than last week. bloated a little, but right now all I can think about is how not to go and throw up. I've only thrown up a total of 3 times when I really cant hold it in..... but other than that I try to hold it in, sparkling water seems to help.

SaveSave
  • Options
    jmn1985 said:
    Stretch marks?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh My God The Acne, it's like I'm back in high school again!  Also the very full & heavy boobs! I already have big boobs and back problems to begin with so this is not a fun experience, especially when trying to stay active! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @SienaC Oooh I feel ya on that! Mine feel particularly heavy in the morning, like right when I get out of bed I'm about to fall over! Hopefully it doesn't get too much worse or we are going to be in trouble :(

@theabels Omgggg thank you for bringing up poop! I am not having the constant irritations, mine was the constipation side! I'm a FTM and I have never in my life experienced constipation like that, it was insane! I was in the bathroom like what is happeningggg
  • Options
    @theabels I don't mind poop talks! I'm with you, I've been going more instead of the opposite. I never really had an issue the first pregnancy either, I even pooped within a couple hours of giving birth (vaginally) - I'm that regular. Somehow I still ended up with damn hemorrhoids in my 3rd trimester, can't wait to see how that pans out the second time around  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kelizrkelizr member
    JAGinMI said:
    kelizr said:
    And sex.. While I know most of you want nothing to do with it (and I didn't want it with me first), this time it's like a constant, annoying need!! What?!?!?
    My husband better never hear this. He will literally cry if he knows that other men's wives have any desire in the first tri.
    Haha! Not so in my last pregnancy!! This ones new and seems to be hit and miss--- but definitely more frequent! I won't tell!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ugh. I feel full all the time. I had 3 breadsticks n was full most of the day. My stomach growls n I feel full. I force myself to eat and I feel like im going to get sick. I haven't had Morning sickness so far but the bloating is annoying. Has anybody else had this feeling?