May 2016 Moms
Options

Post Baby Body Check In - July

This is a bit belated! I thought it would be nice to have a brief check in.

Share your progress: 

Any new goals?

Rants/Raves/Questions:
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Post Baby Body Check In - July

• Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    Well, I've been working out (spin, running, lifting light weights) and I'm gaining weight. I'm ok with my new shape, but would like to loose a few pounds just so clothes fit a little better. It's just discouraging to see the scale go up even after working out and watching what I'm eating. I did buy a bunch of new things that fit for work, so knowing I have a new wardrobe is making me a bit more excited to start work. So far I've only lost 20 pounds post pregnancy, have 35 to go if I wanted to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Share your progress: I'm at the halfway point as of today. 25 lost and 25 to go. I'm on week 5 of my 10K app. 

Any new goals? To fit into my size 12 pants. I'm currently wearing a bunch of 14s that were my mom's (who has lost a ton of weight. So jealous)

Rants/Raves/Questions: My weight loss has really plateaud. I only lost 1 lb in the last 3 or 4 weeks. It's so hard to count calories because I'm hungry all the time. I don't want to deprive myself because I'm breastfeeding, but I feel almost constantly hungry! However, I've heard the 3-6 month point is when maximum weight loss can happen from BF, so we'll see!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm annoyingly still in the exact same place I was a month ago- about 5 lbs up from pre-pregnancy weight but it's all right in my belly so I'm still a size 6 and all of my clothes are a size 2. With my son this in-between state only lasted for like a month, so I only bought one larger size pair of pants, but I have no idea how long it's gonna last this time so it's looking like I need to suck it up and go to Old Navy or something and buy myself some cheap pants to wear for the meantime. 

The only progress I have made is with healing my diastasis recti. When I got checked at 4 weeks pp, it was at a 3-4-3 (that's above belly button, at bb, below bb) and deep. Last I was checked at 8 weeks pp it was at a 2-3-1.5 and medium, so that gives me hope that it will continue to get better. I'll be checked again tomorrow at my physical therapy appt, I've been busting my ass with doing all the stuff she's asked me to do so I'm really hoping for further progress. Hoping if I can get that healed that my stomach will maybe someday be flat again? Or at least less pregnant looking...
  • Options
    Share your progress: I initally lost 20 pounds with no problem. However, depending on the time of day, I've dropped an additional 2-5 pounds over the past 5 weeks, with around 27 more to go to prepregnancy weight.  I'm on week 2 of C210K

Any new goals? To be able to run a 10K by November and be able to fit into my normal clothes again.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Hoping what @lalala2004 said is true - that weight starts to drop off faster around 3-6 months pp. I'm counting calories and exclusively pumping. Based on how much I pump daily (around 50 oz), I should be burning off around 1,000 extra calories per day! So frustrating!
  • Options
    I found this BFing calorie counter: https://www.freedieting.com/tools/breastfeeding_calorie_calculator.htm

But I'm not sure if it is for weight loss or maintenance...
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    Found another that specifically says maintenance: https://fittobepregnant.com/pregnancy-breastfeeding-calorie-calculator/

And Kelly Mom says 1500-1800 minimum to not hurt supply, and that most should be on the higher end. Frankly, I've found that nearly impossible. I feel like 2,000 is more or less attainable for me. It should lead to some weight loss if I stick with it....
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    Share your progress: I never posted on the original post partum check in thread, so I hope it's ok if I jump in on this one. :)  I gained 39 lbs during my pregnancy and had about 15 left to lose at 2 weeks PP.  I have fluctuated between being 4-8 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight lately (I'm 8 weeks PP).  I had been taking DD on walks since 3 days PP and now that I'm back to work, I try to sneak in the occasional walk after work with her.  I hopped back on the treadmill for a mile the other night and it felt amazing (even though I was breathing as heavily as I was walking upstairs in the 3rd trimester)!  

Any new goals?  Not really worrying too hard about losing the rest of the weight, but just hoping to tone up the squishiness that is my belly.  Also, DH and I signed up for a 7k on Labor Day weekend.  Just hoping to get through that while pushing the stroller up the hills that are on the course. :#  

Rants/Raves/Questions: Well, I was going to ask about working out without hurting my supply, but @lalala2004 helped there.  Thanks!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I gained 27 and lost 21 in the first few weeks. Those final 6 are slow... But I've gotten 3 off with lots of walking. I'll hopefully  be cleared for exercise tonight and am going to start jogging. 

My my initial goal is pre pregnancy weight, then toning. My ultimate goal is to get maybe 5-10 lbs below pre pregnancy weight which is my body's happy place IF I'm working out and eating well.

rant...my belly is squishy and bulging still. I'm finding it tough to wear my bellefit because it's hot out and it hurts my sides at the top. I need to suck it up. 
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Hi ladies!
     I gained 30lbs and I have 10 to go at 10wks PP.  I haven't lost any weight in the past month.  I'm eating too much, but I'm so hungry!  I've been walking with the twins in the stroller and the baby in the Moby wrap - it's a great workout with all the hills in our neighborhood.  We also went to mommy and me yoga on Friday for the first time!  It was rough - I feel like I have no strength.  Baby steps!

While I would like the number on the scale to decrease, it is much more about gaining strength and feeling better in my clothes.  I want to tone up my arms and legs before worrying about the flabby tummy.  My goal is to not have to buy fall/winter clothing in bigger sizes. 

I have to admit though, that when I see my curvy body in the mirror after I shower, I really like it.  I just wish mny clothes would fit better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    I have 31 lbs to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, which means I've only lost 28 lbs.  I've come to terms that I probably will never be 113 lbs again so I'm aiming more for 120. None of my clothes fit. Both pre-pregnancy and maternity and since Plato's Closet isn't taking clothes in and we're on a strict budget until I return to work im SOL on my wardrobe.

I was walking a few miles a day but it's gotten so humid and hot here that I can't take LO out because she will definitely get overheated fairly quickly. So, now I'm doing inside exercises which include squats lots of me-on-top sex and getting up from the couch continuously to tend to fussy LO. lol 

Cutting out dairy for the sake of breastfeeding has really helped with my weighy loss I feel like because that means I really can't eat a lot of carbs, give into my cravings, or eat out at a lot of places. I'm planning on carrying over this new lifestyle change even after I stop breastfeeding and go to finish my externship in a few weeks. 

But really. I would keep these extra 30 pounds if I could just get rid of all my stretchmarks. 
  • Options
    Not doing great over here - haven't lost any weight since the last check. But I've been eating all the sweet things and people keep bringing them to me. I pretty much have zero willpower. However I haven't gained from eating it all so that's good right? I'm starting now to track my intake of food and balance that against my calories on the Fitbit, accounting for BF. I also found out I have DR so I want that to heal because it makes me feel so weak! So that is my short term goal right now. Then I will worry more about breaking past this plateau. Still have 12 lbs to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight and then would like to lose 10 more. That might not happen until I'm done breastfeeding though! 
  • Options
    I'm losing weight at an agonizingly slow pace since the initial loss.  I am down 26 lbs and have 14 to go to get back to pre-pregnancy weight.  I got a gym membership but can't drop DS off in the daycare center until he's 3 months, so I haven't gotten much use out of it just yet.  Otherwise, I'm eating a lot because I'm more worried about tanking my milk supply than losing weight, so for that reason I don't except the rest of the weight to disappear anytime soon.  I also am recovering from a back injury and a rib injury, and after those are better hopefully I'll be able to be a little more active.
  • Options
    @lalala2004 I aim for 2000 too. With DS I definitely lost more weight layer after a long plateau. I'm in the plateau now, so I'm hoping to see more (healthy) weight loss in a couple months. I'm just glad that a lot of my strength is back and I can run again without feeling like I'm falling apart. Now if only I had tme to exercise more consistently! 
  • Options
    I also never participated in the check in because of circumstances. So I gained 30 lbs, and again, because of circumstances (I spent 4 weeks in hospital because of complications on my end...that means crappy hospital food for a long time, so please don't hate), I came home a few pounds lighter than my pre-preggo wait. My scale needs a new battery, but I'm pretty sure I've put 3-4 pounds back on from just being able to eat stuff I like when I want to. However, my belly still looks a little swollen and I've got a bunch of stretch marks around and under my belly button, making my skin look mushy. Because I had back surgery, I initialy couldn't wear my bellefit. Now I'm at a point where I could wear it, but I'm unsure whether it's going to be useful at all. And yeah, it's hot. For those of you who have one, has the bellefit helped with the mushiness? I'm not sure if I should attempt wearing it, or just sell it while it's still new...
  • Options
    @Bluejay3030 - I'm planning on getting a gym membership when LO is three months, due to the child care not starting before then. However, I'm also not sure whether I'll use the childcare or do 5 am classes.
  • Options
    Not doing great over here - haven't lost any weight since the last check. But I've been eating all the sweet things and people keep bringing them to me. I pretty much have zero willpower. However I haven't gained from eating it all so that's good right? I'm starting now to track my intake of food and balance that against my calories on the Fitbit, accounting for BF. I also found out I have DR so I want that to heal because it makes me feel so weak! So that is my short term goal right now. Then I will worry more about breaking past this plateau. Still have 12 lbs to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight and then would like to lose 10 more. That might not happen until I'm done breastfeeding though! 
    As for the DR- I can't say enough good things about the program I'm using. I went from a 3-4-3 and deep in the middle at 5 weeks pp to closed on the top, closed on the bottom, and a shallow 2 in the middle today, and my baby will be 10 weeks tomorrow. It's called the Tummy Team (I think their site is www.tummyteam.com) and I see her in person because she's in my area and I really need that personal interaction in order to feel motivated, but I think they do Skype appts too! I've also heard good things about the MuTu system. 
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    @kidshrink, how's everything going now? How are you feeling?

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Hi I'm also late to this party. I just started working out again 8 weeks post. I have about 20 lb to lose still (though I'm not sure what the extra boob weight adds to my normal weight.) I thought I just had some tummy weight to get rid of until I jogged a bit on the treadmill and was introduced to my jiggle legs. The plan is to make it to the gym twice a week with my sister, eat healthy food most of the time, and take walks when it isn't too hot out. I need to be in halfway decent shape to start volleyball in a month!!!
  • Options
    kami09 said:
    I'm hitting a plateau as well...which isn't good because I get sad & eat ice cream...which then makes DD gassy and I get no sleep. It's a bad cycle.

I guess I can't complain because I *am* down 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. 15 up from 1st pre-pregnancy weight and 25-35 up from ideal weight. So, I have a lot of work to do. I am doing 22 Hard Corps and taking pictures and I saw a huge difference even in just 3 weeks of working out. I just have to keep with it! 
    Haha, this exactly!  It's bad.
  • Options
    @KidShrink So glad to hear that you're doing better!
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    KidShrink said:
    @yogahh I'm doing a whole lot better. I'm able to walk unassisted (no walker, no cane) and look decently normal to most people, although I've had a few incidents where my still-not-optimal balance probably made me look like a drunk mommy. I can go up and down the stairs with the little guy in my arms, drive, etc. I even found out I can sort of dance. However, I still can't run because I still don't have the balance and coordination needed, at least in part because I still have not recovered all normal sensation in my legs. I can feel touch everywhere, but I guess the sensation is altered. The best way I can describe it is that in some areas, it feels as though I'm wearing those slinky/shiny type of nylons, which is much better than the thick wool socks from the beginning. I'm seeing a physio once a week and doing my exercises at home most days, plus going to the pool 2-3 times a week, which has really helped. I'm having an MRI at the beginning of September to see whether the tumor has grown and how, and hopefully all goes well and I don't need another surgery. All in all though, I'm enjoying being almost back to normal (maybe 90% there now). 
    Amazing update!! I'm so happy you are up abd mobile :) I know we all were worried about you. Please keep us posted on how things are going!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @KidShrink so good to hear you've made great progress! Don't feel bad that you already lost the weight!  I'm sure you'd rather have 30lbs to lose again than stay in the hospital.  Last time around, I gained a few pounds when the twins came home from the nicu because I was around good food again!  I had to exit the nicu to eat meals...and I skipped a lot of meals and lost weight quickly.  This time around, I still have 10 lbs to lose, but what it is in the scheme of things?!
     Keep up the great work!  and keep us updated please!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    @KidShrink I just started my belly bandit a week ago (DS2 is 8 weeks now) just to give my core more support. It really seems to help with that. Like I mentioned I have DR which I didn't last time so I haven't noticed much improvement in flattening out. But I wore a binder after my CS with DS1 and I thought it made a huge difference. I don't think it would hurt to try. I've read that there are still improvements wearing it later.