January 2016 Moms
Options

Pool Floats

So the other weekend we took a trip to the water park and they have a very shallow splash area for babies, and LO seemed to really enjoy it (she's always loved baths so that may be why). I'd love to get her in a pool sometime soon but she is just 5 months and 1 week and most of the infant floats start at 6 months. 

Does any one have experience with floats for their babies before 6 months? She does well at sitting up but I'm worried about her being too low in the seat for the leg holes. 

Re: Pool Floats

• Options
    I have a pool float but shes a bit small for it so DH or myself has to hold her bum so she sits up better. But she lovesss the lake and pool. Big water fan over here
  • Options
    I'd say get one and try it, she'll be 6 months soon anyways, right? I used one in a pool when babe was 4.5 months and he was fine, but he's also on the tall side. He couldn't sit up unassisted at the time (just starting to sit with his hands on the floor between his legs now) but the seat still propped him up just fine and I was obviously holding on the whole time. We bought our own for the lake now but I haven't tried it out yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The one we used/bought is like this but no mesh, all inflatable.
  • Options
    cali1710cali1710 member
    edited July 2016
    The one we used/bought is like this but no mesh, all inflatable.
    That's the one we have 
  • Options
    We have the same one (sort of). We kind of have to hold him up a little bc he sinks too low if not. This is him swimming with his grandmas while we are in Napa! 
  • Options
    Ours is similar to the previous posts. He was in it around 4 months and did well. We just held his hands/held him upright. He ended up liking being held out of the floatie much better but it was fun while it lasted! 
  • Options
    Ours is similar to the previous posts. He was in it around 4 months and did well. We just held his hands/held him upright. He ended up liking being held out of the floatie much better but it was fun while it lasted! 

• Options
    Since we used ours this weekend at the lake for the first time I thought I'd update with the actual picture instead of one from Google...we'd used a friend's that was exactly the same at 4.5 months as I'd mentioned above. Only difference now that he's closer to 6 months was that since he is sitting a bit unassisted he could lean himself forward in the seat as seen in the photo. He didn't need our help being propped up at all, but he did make me a bit nervous launching himself backwards and forwards that he was going to tip it, although I think that was more in my head than a real fear (especially since the tube goes all the way up to his armpits leanings forward as you can see). It worked perfectly in the lake and it was cheap! 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Those pictures are adorable! I've ordered one from Amazon since Target only seems to carry 9 months. Been reluctant about it but now I can't wait to get out there!
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    We used ours for the first time yesterday.  DS loved it
  • Options
    Someone got us an otteroo and it's definitely interesting! Graham was a little hesitant about it, but my husband was even more nervous! I think we will try it again though as he seemed to be enjoying it. Ignore his too small hat haha I couldn't find his bigger ones.