September 2016 Moms
Options

What are you eating???

I have never ever ever liked olives! EVER!!
I'm laying in bed eating garlic stuffed olives. I've been sampling everything at the olive bar in my grocery store for a month now. Anyone else craving something that they normally wouldn't touch? If not what IS your biggest craving?

Re: What are you eating???

• Options
    Sweets.  I'm craving sweets like crazy. Before, I enjoyed sweets every now and then but I didn't have a huge sweet tooth. Now? It's a flipping free for all! Though, I won't usually eat a full serving size because I start to get that "overindulged" feeling pretty quickly. I guess thanks to baby making less room for everything in there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too want all things sweet... DH is gone on a fishing trip all week and I know for a fact that I won't be cooking big fancy meals. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Same with the all things sweet. I like chocolate and ice cream anyway, but since getting pregnant the cravings are out of control. No strange combinations, though! 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    Pepperoni and cheese and crackers and also sweets. Yesterday I bought Oreos at the grocery store, which I never would do. Blaming my MIL because she had Oreos out when we visited this weekend.
  • Options
    Now I want garlic stuffed olives in a bad way. But they have always been a go to snack for me when I'm okay scaring those in my general vicinity away with wretched breath. hahah

My current thing is meat on a bun. Any meat, any bun. (cue DH's uber-mature response to 'any meat'? Really!?) Never before have I liked Arby's plain roast beef sandwiches or hot dogs. I still have a hard time admitting to the hot dogs...  
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    CRich15 said:
    I too want all things sweet... DH is gone on a fishing trip all week and I know for a fact that I won't be cooking big fancy meals. 
    This could be me almost word for word...except my FI is gone for work. There are 5 different types of ice creams bars in my fridge, fresh chocolate chip cookies and a plum, strawberry crumble on the counter that I made yesterday. 
  • Options
    Give me all the fruit!  I cannot get enough!  I made a cold blueberry pie on Saturday and it's almost already half gone, and I'm the only one who eats it.  I have an appointment today and am seriously considering stopping at the store on the way home to buy more blueberries.
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    @Cricket Bug I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that gets obnoxious comments..."I've got some sausage for you." Dude, that has never and will never get you anywhere. 

Ive been eating everything sweet. Cereal morning, noon, and night. Oreos. Ice cream. Chocolate. All of it. I'll control myself when I'm not pregnant.
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    Oreos and I see I'm not alone!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    cheese---earlier in the pregnancy it was gross, I wanted melted string cheese with ketchup or ravioli with ketchup--for EVERY MEAL.   Now I just want cheese, or things made with cheese.
  • Options

I'm shockingly obsessed with salads which is not a bad thing but so weird. We have a local pizza shop that makes one with romaine lettuce, craisins, walnuts, tomatoes and gorgonzola. I think I eat one a week.

But then I follow it up with 65 Oreos.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kcl219kcl219 member
    Definitely sweets!  And cereal, I eat a HUGE bowl every morning.  I had bad insomnia last night and got up at 3am today, had a brownie and milk then went back to bed lol.  
    And completely random but I've been loving mustard on my sandwhiches, I've always been a mayo girl but now I crave the yellow stuff! 
  • Options
    Several times throughout this pregnancy, I've craved cole slaw. It's currently a turn off, but what the hell? Can't I crave something a little more fun and delicious??

One thing that I need at least once a day is a Coke, preferably a fountain drink. I swear, it's the best taste to me. At least it helps with my migraines and with my nausea in early pregnancy.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    Waffles. I have been obsessed with the idea of waffles. 

Also pickled vegetables & olives. 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    ElcaB said:

On this train of thought, pancakes all of a sudden. I usually make waffles with the mix but I wanted all the pancakes last week!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    ElcaB said:

I love waffles all the time (pregnant or not). Frozen, from scratch, Bisquik version. Give me all the waffles. And luckily my daughter is a big fan so we do breakfast for dinner a lot.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Turkey lunchmeat sandwiches have been a big craving. That seems to have subsided, but now I'm obsessed with Pb&j. 

• Options
    For some reason I want the Starbucks Mocha bottles you get at the grocery store. I don't like them otherwise and I'm not even indulging now because of sugar and my GD but the thought of having a cold Mocha bottle right after birth sounds so good. I doubt I'll do it, though. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Pop- hated it before getting pregnant and now I HAVE to have it every now and then. IBC diet root beer is my go to. Strawberries too, but I loved those before pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I know it's not the same as a mocha drink, but I'm not able to indulge in the pb&j like I'd like to. I've had one since my body decided they are the best food ever and that it can't live without it. But I'm planning to have one for lunch today. :smiley:  

• Options
    TheTamedShrewTheTamedShrew member
    edited July 2016
    I want all the sweets even though I am usually a salt person while not pregnant. 

I think my true craving this pregnancy is lemons. Lemon pound cake, lemon dressings, frozen lemonade, lemon flavored candy. I squeeze lemon on everything, and I've been drinking huge glasses if ice water with a ton of lemons at night. I have also been digging into pickles and olives, and if my food isn't spicy enough to make me cry, then I want to throw it out.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    I have been wanting fruit and veggies that are high in water content like watermelon and cucumbers. I can't get enough. Also water with lots of lemon. Must be the heat. 
  • Options
    @ElcaB I can totally relate on the waffles. I have eaten a cinnamon brown sugar eggo waffle almost every single day of this pregnancy. It is a crisis when we run out, my fiancé now buys multiple boxes when he does groceries. 

And it cannot be a regular ego waffle (buerk  :s)
  • Options
    Fruit, fruit and more fruit. Specifically watermelon, peaches, nectarines, cherries and grapes. More recently I've really been loving Eggo waffles, which I never ate before. Yum! Plus cucumber water galore
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 I too had a weird craving for salads and felt super healthy and happy and proud....and then I was told I have anemia (I don't eat meat so perhaps my body was like gimme those greens lady!)  Fail! 
  • Options
    Frozen French fries
    lunchables
    Arbys orange cream milkshakes
    Tiramisu
    Watermelon and strawberries 
  • Options

Chocolate milkshakes - thick, creamy ones like from Freddy's

Jimmy Johns Turkey Tom sandwich - I've averaged about 1 a week since my BFP in January

Watermelon - cannot get enough. I'm eating 1/4 a watermelon by myself every 3/4 days.

• Options
    You ladies are making me HUNGRY! Also I think I NEED a milkshake right now! 

I eat pretty good during the weekdays during the day, lots of fruit, nuts, raw carrots, small sandwich, cereal. Dinner is hit or miss depending what I am in the mood for. Tonight will be homemade sundried tomato pesto pizza on whole wheat crust (NOM NOM) 

Anyone else eating out a ton on the weekends? I think I am having a bit of FOMO and want to eat out as much as possible since I know we won't do it much once the baby is here. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @PSUBecky23 I too had a weird craving for salads and felt super healthy and happy and proud....and then I was told I have anemia (I don't eat meat so perhaps my body was like gimme those greens lady!)  Fail! 
    Whaaaaat I totally didn't think about
    thst!! I've been craving salads too and just found out im still anemic even with an iron supplement. Dang, body, you're intelligent.
  • Options
    I've been eating a lot of pepperoni lol I just love it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @frogdog06 Abso-freakin-lutely!!

@MrsVoorhees I hope your anemia goes away! It's not fun at all. My OB said I needed to take the supplement until after birth and even then I might need it for a while longer. Womp. Now DH is on me about everything I eat which is sweet but oh so annoying lol. 
  • Options
    @frogdog06 That is totally me!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha I have been eating nothing but junk!! Noooooo!!!

I am usually a pretty healthy eater... But I have no energy to cook and have been at the mercy of my local eateries.

On the list of things to do before baby comes: teach husband to cook.
  • Options
    I really have no appetite these days and everything gives me nasty heartburn but I have been snacking on sweet chilli spitz and French fries with mustard just to get something in me and of course it doesn't help the heartburn haha
  • Options
    csukkhacsukkha member
    edited July 2016
    Everything sweet especially cupcakes and lucky charms.  Before pregnancy I couldn't stand sweets, salty all the way.
  • Options
    I alternate between craving sweets and craving salty snacks.  It's like my cravings when I'm first starting my cycle, but it's like daily and for months.
  • Options
    Definitely sweets! Went to trader joes yesterday and they had these dark chocolate Tahitian vanilla caramels that were amazing! I ate the whole bag. Now I'm seriously thinking of going back just to buy some more. Also been getting lots of sundaes lately.  Peanut butter is my go to though when nothing else sounds good. 
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited July 2016
    Right now I'm all about un-toasted bagels with jalapeño cream cheese and (good) lemonade.

It's not a great combo, but it works for me.  I've been drinking lemonade with everything for weeks now and then I got onto the bagel thing.

I've been all about spicy food my entire pregnancy.  My boys are going to be drinking hot sauce out of their bottles at this rate. :lol:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(