2nd Trimester

Wishing I felt better than I do- exhausted

mskeenanmskeenan member
edited June 2016 in 2nd Trimester
Hi ladies . So now that I'm in my second trimester (currently 17 weeks ) I was expecting to feel better . My nausea is definitely better but I still feel extremely fatigued, to the point where I am having a very hard time just getting through the work day . On the weekends I've just been sleeping and still can't stop feeling exhausted . Anyone else feel this way ? I'm sick of people telling me how awesome I'm supposed to feel . I feel like crap . Sorry to vent - just want to make sure I'm not alone in this ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: Wishing I felt better than I do- exhausted

• I'm 23 weeks, the sickness for me went away around 18 weeks, but I'm exhausted and am so uncomfortably trying to find a good sleeping position. I feel terrible all the time and sleep a lot!
  • Oh you are far from alone my whole second tri I wondered where my energy burst I was supposed to get went. I also had the random nausea as well. Hang in there mama. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Just curious, what was your iron levels like? When I was boarder line anemic last PG, I felt this way, not to scare you.

Are you able to monitor protein intake? If I don't eat a high protein breakfast I feel noticeably more tired. 

Same for if I'm alittle dehydrated if the days are hot. I've been making my own electrolyte water w magnesium, salt etc. Or add fruit to my water. 
  • Yup I agree with pp if you feel this tired it's a really good indication to get your thyroid and iron levels checked. My iron was good throughout the 1st tri and my energy fluctuated by weeks, then around 22 weeks I was overtired and it didn't go away. As soon as I started on a iron supplement my energy perked right up. It only took a day or so to notice a difference and I haven't been that tired since. I love floradix for iron because it is non-constipating. You can always try it for a day or two and see if it helps. It's no fun to be exhausted! 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @mskeenan I also feel very tired recently. Since week 12, I was feeling really well , full of energy etc. But last 10 days or so I am feeling exhausted. I messaged my doctor and he ordered some blood test. I will get it tested this weekend. I guess it could be a sign of something else, so I recommend that you talk to your doctor about it. Feel better!!
  • edited June 2016
    HI. I'm new, but I can sympathize with you. I'm starting 2nd tri and hoping the exhaustion doesn't last long.
    background of: TTC, infertiltiy
  • Hi all, I am almost 16 weeks and the nausea is finally subsiding, but has been replaced by extreme, extreme exhaustion! Upon reading this tread, I ran out immediately to purchase Floradix (Natural Grocers) and am hoping for improvement! I will reply back in a few days with my findings. 
  • Hi all, I am almost 16 weeks and the nausea is finally subsiding, but has been replaced by extreme, extreme exhaustion! Upon reading this tread, I ran out immediately to purchase Floradix (Natural Grocers) and am hoping for improvement! I will reply back in a few days with my findings. 
    Update: Hi all, I am happy to report that my nausea has gone away and since I started taking the Flordix I have not experienced extreme exhaustion. It could be sheer coincidence, but I am convinced the Flordix is helping and will continue to take it. 

• KurtniKurtni member
    I'm going to ask my doctor about iron after reading this. I feel like my fatigue is just extreme and it was my last pregnancy too, so I wonder if there is an underlying problem beyond just typical pregnancy symptoms. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a 17 weeks, too, and share the extremely tired feeling.  Even thought I was already on hypothyroid medicine, it turns out the dose was too low for my growing body/ blood supply.  She just doubled my dosage yesterday, which I expect will help a lot.  The first time my OB did this it made a dramatic difference in a few short days.  
    Wishing you well and some prompt answers to help with your fatigue! 
  • emilybrown01emilybrown01 member
    edited August 2016

**Removed for TOU violation**