February 2016 Moms

During tummy time

kinnonamkinnonam member
edited May 2016 in February 2016 Moms
What milestones have you mommy seen while having tummy time? My LO loves tummy time and today he did this I took a video and sent to everyone I know because it's pretty exciting stuff at 16 weeks lol 

Re: During tummy time

• nbc2015nbc2015 member
    Ugh I'm so jealous! My LO HATES tummy time. If we get him to tolerate it for 4 whole minutes, that's my accomplishment. LO will be 16 weeks tomorrow. 
  • My LO also is not a fan of tummy time. And since learning to roll, I have to trap her on her tummy by using a boppy (she hasn't figured out how to roll over yet when she bumps into it) and then it's still mostly yelling. I got out a sit to stand walker that makes all sorts of fun noises and lights up and she tolerates that for 5-10 minutes. She's really not into toys (aside from soft lovies) so I'm kind of at my wit's end in figuring out how to entertain her while she's on her tummy. She usually likes making faces with/at me and "talking"/singing but wants none of that either. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes I think DD learned to roll over purely to escape tummy time! She tolerates it much better in the Boppy and especially likes being read to at that time. Nothing quite that exciting yet, though!
  • A&LmommyA&Lmommy member
    edited May 2016

Not even close right now haha

• 13 weeks old here, and our big accomplishment? Tummy time for 5 minutes straight with mild whining instead of screaming!
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited May 2016
    Haha yeah hickeys and making it a few minutes at a time are our milestones at 15 weeks. 
  • nbc2015nbc2015 member
    Can I just say that these other replies make me so happy to know my LO is not alone. It's so easy to read these threads and think--"oh my gosh, is my baby behind?!"-- but then I see that many of our LOs hate tummy time. I'm super happy for OP, but I'm also happy that many of us are struggling to make tummy time tolerable. 
  • wow kudos @kinnonam cause that's pretty damn cool to see! it seems like I'm in the majority as well, my girl HATES tummy time. she's rolled over once on her own but other than that, she just lies there and whines. i keep trying it, but so far, nothing.. she actually likes to stand with me holding her hands more.. i have her pegged for skipping crawling and going straight to walking in the future.. we shall see though!
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Wow, he appears ready to crawl! My LO dislikes tummy time, except for being propped up on the boppy. He hasn't even mastered rolling yet. 
  • hnullhnull member
    13 weeks over here. My daughter  can roll back to tummy on left side (not right) and can't at all from tummy to back weird isn't it? She used to roll tummy to back well like 4-5 times 1.5 months ago lol but hasn't since then! This her her after she roll from her back!
  • My little guy has been rolling back to tummy for a month now (he will be 4 months on the 5th) but he is not a fan of being on his tummy. Once on his tummy he gets frustrated and ends up just screaming instead of rolling back over. Although when I lay him on his tummy he will immediately push himself onto his back. Silly boy!

Today, he has started getting his legs under him and pushing himself forward. Once he figures out to get his arms under him he will be mobile in no time. I am not ready for my last baby to be crawling around. He is growing too fast. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @hnull, my DD rolls back to tummy only to the left, too! 3 months here. 

• smn14smn14 member
    wow kudos @kinnonam cause that's pretty damn cool to see! it seems like I'm in the majority as well, my girl HATES tummy time. she's rolled over once on her own but other than that, she just lies there and whines. i keep trying it, but so far, nothing.. she actually likes to stand with me holding her hands more.. i have her pegged for skipping crawling and going straight to walking in the future.. we shall see though!

Same, my LO loves to stand and is pretty good at it, but no attempt at anything  in tummy time...Maybe we have future walkers only. I never crawled...
  • hnullhnull member
    @VitaLuna glad my daughters' not the only one! I rolled up a blanket and put it on her left side so she'd try her right side. Did that work? Nope- she just wiggled and wiggled and rolled over the blanket lol!
  • My LO hates tummy time too, but this Friday he did his first roll over from tummy to back! He was pretty pleased with himself for it  :)
  • @kinnonam
    I didn't congratulate you on this cool milestone in my previous post! I think I was just too jealous. ;) It really is amazing what your LO can already do.

Happy to report that although my dude still gets very impatient with tummy time, he's tolerating it for longer stretches. I got him a fun mirror we only take out while he's on his tummy. The frame is soft with birds you can take on and off and leaves that crackle when you touch them, and he loves that.
  • @kinnonam
    Has your LO actually started getting moving yet?
  • jarob747 said:
    @kinnonam
    Has your LO actually started getting moving yet?
    Nope! He tries to but lacks the balance lol so he will reach out to grab a toy and do a little face plant lol
  • @kinnonam, that's awesome!

My LO hated tummy time until around 13 weeks, then all of a sudden overnight she learned how to lift her head off the ground and now loves it! Nothing like OP, but she will roll (only on her left side, I'm seeing a trend here) from back to tummy often and rarely from tummy to back. I'm going to get out a mirror for tummy time soon, should be fun!
  • That's fabulous! You must be so proud, mama - congrats!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Haha my son can't even reliably roll over yet. Yours is going to be doing calculus by the time mine is sitting up!

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • He's a quick study! Guess it's time to babyproof...

@OctoberStars
    Mine has only rolled 2 or 3x. He only started enjoying tummy time a month ago or so, but only for maybe 10 min max. He just doesn't seem interested in moving around yet. I'm trying not to freak out or get impatient.  :-p
  • Way to go little man!!! 
  • Soo exciting!  We've got rolling down and she's great at getting herself up on hands and knees and rocking so only a matter of time....I can't believe how fast it's all going! 
  • Super exciting!!! She still acts like being on her stomach is torture and immediately rolls off. I wouldn't be surprised if she skips crawling. 
  • =caenis= said:
    He's a quick study! Guess it's time to babyproof...

@OctoberStars
    Mine has only rolled 2 or 3x. He only started enjoying tummy time a month ago or so, but only for maybe 10 min max. He just doesn't seem interested in moving around yet. I'm trying not to freak out or get impatient.  :-p
    He learns very quickly but he is also the youngest baby at daycare. I think he's just tired of being held now that he crawls he can hang out with the rest of the kiddies lol. 
  • kinnonam said:
    =caenis= said:
    He's a quick study! Guess it's time to babyproof...

@OctoberStars
    He learns very quickly but he is also the youngest baby at daycare. I think he's just tired of being held now that he crawls he can hang out with the rest of the kiddies lol. 
    Aww. That's cute! :D Have fun with your friends, little man!