March 2016 Moms
Options

Naps

edited July 2016 in March 2016 Moms
just curious how other Lo's naps look. My guy takes 3 short naps and 1 long nap. im not sure when he will drop a nap or the others will lengthen. 
this is typical (give or take 30 mins):
wakes 6:30 /am
nap 8-8:30
nap 10-10:30
nsp 12-2/2:30(ish)
nsp 4-4:30
Bed: between 6:30 & 7pm

he will sometimes wake in the middle of the long nap and nurse and go back to sleep. It works well because that's when my toddler naps. I'm sure this will be changing soon which is why I'm wondering what other lo's are doing.
BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Naps

• Options
    The only thing my baby does consistently is bed time from 930p-730a. Naps are all over the place. Some days she'll do 2 longer naps and other days she does half hour naps. We aren't always home so there's no consistency. 
  • Options
    Our naps are everywhere too. She usually sleeps from 8:30-9am and sometimes has one wake up around 6-7. We had a week where she napped from 10-11 and then 12:30 to 3:30 and then 5-6...then I went back to work again so it's everywhere. 

And Monday night she woke up every 30 minutes all night. So yeah, that was fun. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J234J234 member
    The only thing my baby does consistently is bed time from 930p-730a. Naps are all over the place. 
    Same here.  I'm trying to get him on a schedule, but he's the second kid...  Also, he HATES the car, so there is no napping in the car like my first kiddo...  :(  
  • Options
    its been so hard lately getting him down for naps with my toddler. We usually do at least one car nap but they don't last as long as they used to. I rely on our swing but even then he doesn't always nap more than 30 mins.
    BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've been trying to get mine to nap 830-9 then a long one around 1130-330 then another short one around 630/7. He has decided to put himself to bed around 930 (which is great because that's when my toddler finally makes his way to bed) and he wakes up around 545. But lately naps have been all over the place. I use the swing a lot to get a good long nap at that time so I can get some me time. I'm hoping he'll start to like my schedule. But right now he's the boss when it comes to sleep.
  • Options
    mshukhmshukh member
    This is exactly what mine is doing. Two shorter naps in am, long nap about 1-3:30 and another shorter one sometimes before bed at 7ish though he has been extremely difficult to put to bed at night where it can take me up to two hours. Mine is 18 weeks. 
    imageimage

• Options
    amyidamyid member
    My baby isn't big on daytime naps :( and it's driving me insane, her last feed will be whenever I'm ready for bed from 10pm to midnight but by 10pm
    shes usually fast asleep and will sleep til 7am, wakes to eat, falls back to sleep until about 10am and then is AWAKE for the day. Today she napped 3:30-4:45 which was great because i realllly needed a nap too! She's averaging about 3 naps during the day at best and most of the time they only average 20 minutes if I'm lucky, pediatrician said this was common at 4 months and she should start napping again soon - here's hoping ! 
  • Options
    my twins are 19 weeks and we adjusted to 3 naps/day 7-10 days ago. They get up around 7:30am and eat at 7:45, 10:45, 1:45, 4:45, and 7:30. They have a steady nap about 9am-10am, but otherwise it's a bit wild. One of them likes a second nap of 2-2.5 hours, but the other one likes two additional 30-minute naps. we're trying to figure out the best way to keep both babies happy, but it's a challenge! 
    Pregnancy Ticker