August 2015 Moms

Cows milk

anyone else starting to think about ditching the formula? I don't know why I am so nervous about this transition! We will be 1 on 8/4 so it'll be here soon 

Re: Cows milk

• Yes I started doing half cows milk and half breast milk in a bottle. We've been doing it about a week now with no problems! I'm so excited to be weaning!!!
  • I am!  My older daughter went completely from formula bottles to cow's milk sippy cups  between 11-12 months.  This one really loves her bottles though, so I think the transition may take a bit longer.

• Loading the player...
  • Are you ladies worried about the calorie count dropping with losing formula. My boy eats a lot but he also loves his bottles! 
  • We've been doing cows milk for a month now, and actually other than it making his breath stink, no other issues. Minor poop changes, but that is to expected with any transition. But I do still give formula for morning bottle and night bottle, water and milk the rest of the day with meals though.
  • We give L 3 formula bottles a day -more if he wants them- and all of his sippy cups are water or regular milk. He eats 4-5 adult food meals a days, and seems to be happy and healthy with that.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• My lo will be one on 8/4 and we actually switched him to cows milk since he was 10.5 months old due to digestive issues. I was nervous but he has done so much better on it and glad we did 
  • What % of milk are you ladies using? We just started mixing 3.25% milk into his bottles this week. I notice that he never finishes a bottle anymore that has milk mixed in it. He used to chug 8oz bottles and now drinks about 5 ounces and is done. We mix 6 oz formula and 2oz milk
  • I give lo whole milk since it is recommended by doctors at one for them to have that milk 
  • @76nicole Whole Milk- they need the milk fat to help achieve and sustain adequate growth.