Adoption

Are we too old?

I am 41, and my husband is 51.  Are we too old to adopt?  I have a medical issue that can not allow me to carry the baby.  However, I live an active and normal life.  Please give me your thoughts.  TIA

Re: Are we too old?

• No! An older stable couple can be a blessing. Especially in foster adoption ;)
  • @KatieKate absolutely not!! my mom has friends who adopted later in life - in their mid 40's for her, early 50's for him.  They adopted an older child, I think he was 12 or 13 at the time.. what a blessing for that boy - he has an amazing life and is so thankful they decided to adopt him :)  good luck!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • My friends just finalized a foster to adopt.  In those situations the state picks you out, rather than the birth parent and the welfare agents care if you are fit enough to pass a home inspection and be a good parent.  Age is not a determining factor as such.
  • Absolutely not! <3 I work within a child welfare agency and it is families like you that help to give a child a wonderful home. Age does not impact that one bit! Good luck!
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited July 2016
    *Removed for ToU Violation*