September 2016 Moms
Options

C-Section Mamas

For those of you having a c-section have you been scheduled yet? My hopes of VBAC have been shot down at my 32 week appt this week. Looks like DD2 will be an august birthday as we are scheduled Aug 30th.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg

Re: C-Section Mamas

• Options
    ajn092ajn092 member
    edited July 2016
    I'm sorry things didn't work out as you were hoping. It's looking like the same for me but we won't know for a few weeks still so haven't started scheduling talk yet.

TB ate:

I'm not sure why VBAC isn't an option anymore but no matter which way she gets here you're gonna have a sweet little girl in just a few weeks.

(Trying to remember what you just wrote at 4 am is hard)

ETAA: one of the things I'm looking forward to if a RCS is planned is that I won't be so physically and mentally exhausted from 24+ hours of attempted labor prior to major surgery. Recovery will still be harder than VBAC but not as bad as 1st time. 
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ajn092 said:

I'm not sure why VBAC isn't an option anymore but no matter which way she gets here you're gonna have a sweet little girl in just a few weeks.

*lurking from august*

When I was talking to my doctor about the option to VBAC he said that many offices don't offer it because a doctor has to be at the hospital the entire time your in labor because of the risks associated with VBAC. 

I'm not sure if that's the same case for y'all but that's the reasoning my office gave. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a pelvic deformity. Puberty forgot about my pelvis so babies just wont fit. We were not aware of it until DD1 was born. We were still hopeful we could try. OB is willing to let us try but the chances are so low its not worth the risk of rupture.
  • Options
    I was hoping to schedule mine last week.  But due to the low fluid and her small size it's a wait and see game now on when they will take her.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    We just scheduled ours for sept 7. It's only 4 days before my due date which I thought seemed a little close, but they wouldn't schedule it for anything before 39 weeks. One week before my due date is a Sunday, then Labor Day Monday (neither of which they will schedule stuff for). So the 7th it is! Excited for a date!!
  • Options
    Ours will be Sept 19, at 39 weeks exactly.  Part of me thinks this baby will come early though, since both of my other kids were early.  I had a c-section planned for 39 weeks with DS2 and I went into labor on my own about 4 days before that.

I'm actually looking forward to a scheduled c-section that doesn't involve laboring first.  I hope/imagine that the recovery will be easier.  Plus, my c-section time is 7:30 am, which means I get almost a whole extra day in the hospital to recover than I did with both kids, who were born at night (for a c-section, you get 5 days in the hospital, so whether you deliver at 6:00am or 10:00pm, that counts as day 1 and day 2 starts at 12:01 am the next morning).
  • Options
    We'll be scheduling for 9/7 (due date is 9/12), but the hospitals where I am won't schedule you more than a month out, so we can't get it on the books officially until 8/7. :(
  • Options
    They wont schedule my c-section till im closer to my due date which i think is stupid. 
  • Options
    No. :(  I mentioned it last week at my 31 week appointment. My due date is 9/5...all he has said so far is we will schedule it sometime between 8/29 - 9/2.  I go back next week...I plan on having a date when I leave his office! I have plans to make! :wink:
  • Options
    sweets92175sweets92175 member
    edited July 2016
    @Tippy05 Wow.  We only get 3 days at the most...most go home in two.
  • Options
    I'm scheduled for 9/27 with edd of 9/30. but I think I'll go early. DS1 was scheduled for 3/24 but came at 3/11. There is no explanation for why and he was 8lbs 3oz 19.5", and dating was definitely accurate. DS2 is also looking to be on the bigger side so far. I'm actually kind of scared of carrying a big baby to full term, I was so miserable at 37w. 

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options
    @Tippy05 High five for symmetry! I'm scheduled for Sept 19, 8am, at 39 weeks.

I got on the schedule pretty early, not long after 20 weeks. I'm not eligible for a vbac (t shaped uterine scar from first CS). And while I'd initially hoped to VBAC, it's kind of a relief to have the decision made for me by science / statistics. 
  • Options
    I'm due the last week of September. My OB "put in the request" at my 24 week appointment, but said it takes a while to process. Hoping to know more in a few weeks. I'm hoping everything goes as scheduled, but am mentally preparing myself for the possibility of going earlier or if I make it to the scheduled date having to be bumped to later in the day due to emergent cases. 
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    Sept 1 have to be at the hospital at 545 am. It's the only time they had. I refused to pick an Aug day as I don't like the birthstone :)
  • Options
    I'm still on the fence on if I am trying for a VBAC.  My OB said I can schedule any time after 39 weeks.  I am trying to decide if I just want to schedule for 8/30 (due date 9/3) or go past 40 weeks by a few days and schedule on 9/7, the day after labor day.  But, honestly I think this baby will be early and my schedule won't really matter.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My Dr. told me that we would schedule my RCS at my next appointment which will be the 28th. I'll be 39 weeks on August 26th and I'm sort of hoping that I can get that date. I'm happy baby is still in there cooking but my hip & pelvic pain is so bad I can barely walk already at 33 weeks, I'm feeling I'll be pretty disabled by week 39 and taking care of my 3 year old is already getting very difficult.
  • Options
    Just scheduled mine this week  9/2. Due date is 9/6. My OB brought it up this past week at the appointment and said we need to get you scheduled! This will be my third C-section.
  • Options
    I asked my OB about it at my 20 week appointment. Because they were in the process of making the rotation schedule for the tine frame that I would need to deliver, we didn't schedule it until my 24 week appointment. At the same time though, I'm not a candidate for a VBAC ( :( ) so I jumped on scheduling it early.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I will be scheduling mine Monday!!! Eek!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @asht 5:45 am isn't bad because you don't have to fast too long ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    ashtasht member
    noelani42 said:
    @asht 5:45 am isn't bad because you don't have to fast too long ;)
    C section is at 745. Only concerns me because when I get up that early and I don't eat I get sick. I am typically up at 515 for work so time isn't to big of a deal
  • Options
    Oh man I hope they put me in super early. I am hoping to feel my legs by the end of the day.
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    I'm hoping for a VBAC this time, so nothing being scheduled. With DD1 my water broke at 37+5, but my body didn't get the message for everything else it was supposed to do. Im really hoping it's different this time.
  • Options
    I just want them to schedule my surgery date when I go in for my next appointment! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have had 2 c-sections so it was pretty much a no brainer to get mine scheduled. My doctor scheduled mine 2 weeks ago. EDD is September 21st, scheduled for the 14th at 8am! :)
  • Options
    I am still hopeful for a VBAC, so preparing for that, knowing that it could change at any time if I run into the same issues as DD. If that happens, we won't be scheduling more than a day or so in advance which is almost better for my headspace. I have some heavy feels left over from DD's birth that I would rather not dwell on for longer than necessary. 
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    I'm a bit disappointed right now.  Due to previous surgeries, the recovery for a C-section will be much worse for me than most.  I had a partial previa until about a month ago.  It had move 1 cm off the cervix.  The doc said if it moved another cm by my appointment this past Friday we wouldn't need to worry about it.  It didn't move at all.  I have another appointment in 3 weeks.  If it doesn't move by then, we have to schedule a C-section.
  • Options
    This is my 3rd and I had major issues with my first 2 deliveries. 2nd one was a c section. My dr has been encouraging me to schedule a c section for this one because more than likely the same problems will be present. But I hate the idea of a scheduled c-section. I want baby to have every moment she can to get what she needs. So the compromise is that we scheduled for a day after my due date (9-7) in hopes I go into labor naturally but if not, that's when she'll be born. But either way, it's a planned c section. Eek!
  • Options
    Mine won't schedule it yet but said it'll be around 9/6. I go back again on Wednesday, hoping they'll let me officially schedule it then

Even miracles take a little time - Cinderella

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Due to complications my (two breech twins) my c-section is scheduled for 8/23 (38 weeks and 1 day) so only 5 weeks to go!
  • Options
    Mine is scheduled for Sept. 9th!  Have you ladies read or asked your doctor's about a "gentle c-section".  I asked today and my doctor was totally on board so I'm excited about that!
  • Options
    My doc said if we go the route of planned C section that we'd be looking during week 38-39, but with no firm course of action nothing has been scheduled. 

Im hoping I could push a scheduled section back a little bit. My daughters first day of nursery school is when I turn 39 weeks and I would like to be home on that day if I can help it
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @PugMama11 This will be my 3rd C-section and I haven't heard of a "gentle" one?
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    This is a planned csection for me. I am more terrified of this one then the first
  • Options
    Well they didn't schedule my surgery at today's 32 week appointment but they kindly let me know that it would at my 36 week appointment and will more than likely be on 14 September which will put me a 39 weeks 4 days.  I expressed my concern that I went into labor at 39 weeks 3 days naturally with my first but she said that if I went into labor that I would just come in and have the surgery. I guess I'm more or less having a major oh shit moment because I see myself going into labor vs having the nice planned c-section I did with our second.  I seriously don't know why I'm losing my mind over this but I think I just had a major oh shit moment and feel like I have so much to do and plan for when I know it's no more planning/prepping than what I already had to do. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Got my csection scheduled for August 30th I'll be 38wks1day but mine is a repeat csection, I have gd this time around and insulin controlled.
    (My son will be a year August 10th.) Dr is playing safe since she just performed a csection on me. 
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    Question: if you have a scheduled c-section, do you have to be put under? 
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    drmh22 said:
    drmh22 said:
    drmh22 said:
    Your not put under scheduled or not.
  • Options
    @asht @drmh22 Hmm...I think there are situations where mom has to be put under. I don't think it's the norm at any hospital but I have definitely heard of it happening in certain situations. 
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    @asht @drmh22 Hmm...I think there are situations where mom has to be put under. I don't think it's the norm at any hospital but I have definitely heard of it happening in certain situations. 
    I would say only in very serious situations, but it's not typical