2nd Trimester

4 months pregnant,trouble sleeping

Hi, im 4 months pregnant and it has been weeks that i cant have enough sleep. Specially at night it is so hard for me to sleep eventhough im very sleepy. I normally fall asleep at 4am. Is that even normal? 

Re: 4 months pregnant,trouble sleeping

• Yes some women deal with insomnia during pregnancy despite being so tired. Not being able to get comfortable at night has been my problem. Trying to keep myself from rolling onto my back keeps me up at night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its so hard to really sleep at night
  • Loading the player...
  • What month are you already? 
  • I'm 17weeks on Thursday.
  • That is my problem as well.  I just can't get comfortable and I wake up exhausted.  Does anyone have any experience with the pregnancy pillows?  Do they help any?  I don't want to invest in something that won't work for me but I'm not sure what else to do.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm 17 weeks and wake up at 3am like clockwork and am unable to go back to sleep. I tried to go to bed earlier last night in hopes to get in a few more hours, but instead woke up at 1am. I just can't win LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I got a body pillow when I was 14 weeks and it definitely helps me sleep! I can't sleep with out it! They are pricey but even long pillows will help! Cuddle one and place the other behind you. Just make sure they're not to squishy I like firm ☺
  • I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I got a body pillow when I was 14 weeks and it definitely helps me sleep! I can't sleep with out it! They are pricey but even long pillows will help! Cuddle one and place the other behind you. Just make sure they're not to squishy I like firm ☺
    What she said =) 
  • That is my problem as well.  I just can't get comfortable and I wake up exhausted.  Does anyone have any experience with the pregnancy pillows?  Do they help any?  I don't want to invest in something that won't work for me but I'm not sure what else to do.
    After many many weeks of not being able to get a good nights sleep.... even with a body pillow, I finally broke down and bought a Snoogle. Let me just say that it was well worth the money. Last night was the best nights sleep I've had since getting pregnant. If you can afford the splurge I would definitely suggest getting one of the pregnancy pillows. A regular body pillow works for some time but then they start to flatten out but this one seems to be firm enough that it will keep its shape.
  • edited August 2016
    That is my problem as well.  I just can't get comfortable and I wake up exhausted.  Does anyone have any experience with the pregnancy pillows?  Do they help any?  I don't want to invest in something that won't work for me but I'm not sure what else to do.
    Yes they do!  Or at least a body pillow.  A smaller pillow or folded blanket under your hip(s) can help too.
  • The Snoogle is a genius item. Invest and rest, my friend. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Unfortunately the lack of sleep will likely be a recurring issue for the rest of your pregnancy.  I started having sleep issues around 5-6 months and kept thinking they would go away and I'd sleep well again.  It never happened and now I have an almost 6 week old who keeps me up.  

People who tell pregnant women to sleep now while they can clearly a)has never been pregnant or b)forgot how difficult it is to sleep while pregnant.  
  • That's what I'm saying! Everyone's like, "Get used to it, baby won't let you sleep when he's here, either." And I'm like, that's the point, this is my time to enjoy sleeping!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • I tend to fall asleep around 11pm or 12am and wake up like clockwork around 3am starving and unable to go back to sleep 
  • That's the problem im having. I'm 20 weeks along with twins and I can't seem to get comfortable trying to sleep on my side and I can't sleep on my back or my belly. Any suggestions?
  • Before pregnancy I slept soundly and without interruption for at least 6 hours every evening, but I now wake up every two hours. Has anyone else become a very light sleeper? 
  • ObunObun member
    I had that problem up until around week 20, I'm now 24 weeks and can/will sleep anywhere at any time. So tired.
    EDD: 11/28/2016
  • hk1031hk1031 member
    edited August 2016
    I have also had trouble sleeping and I'm only 13 weeks and change. Getting a pregnancy pillow has done wonders for me! I cant sleep without it now. 

For moms to be out there who sew, I found an amazing free pattern for a pillow that looks JUST like a Snoogle except the top U part comes off and becomes a nursing pillow postpartum.

Here's a photo of mine (it cost nothing because I used an old twin sheet for the pillow and an old twin duvet cover as the pillowcase)

Link to pattern: https://mammacandoit.com/products/pregnancy-pillow-pattern
  • I'm 100% team Snoogle...I have slept like a baby since getting mine! It's worth the $$ for sure! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Image result for thread resurrection meme

But no, seriously. This thread is over two months old. OP is probably gone.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017