October 2015 Moms
Options

Advice? Maybe this is a rant :(

We just moved from NH to MO. From my home to DH home. Right now were staying with his parents so we can save some money and hopefully buy soon. 

Weve only been here a week but i am soooo homesick. I dont have a car right now and i dont know anyone or anything here. I just spend my days crying. 

LO is also dealing with adjustment. She went from sleeping.630pm to 7am to now waking up twice in the middle of the night and up for the day at 5

Financially i will need to work, which freaks me out too because i left a job i loved and im afraid no other job is going to be what i want. Im feeling guilty that DH is working andnim home all day

Dont get me wrong im not sitting on my ass by any means. LO is extremely challenging right now and im also trying to get orgnaized as well as clean the disaster of a house we moved into. 

Anyone ever dealt with anything similar and maybe have any advice?  Thanks for taking the time to read. My friends back home are tired of my moaning and groaning im sure. 

Re: Advice? Maybe this is a rant :(

• Options
    Sorry you are having a rough time! Does DH have any family members that can take you around and show you the city? Maybe try to find places within walking distance you can go to. You could try looking up some mommy groups in the area too. Hopefully it gets better soon!
  • Options
    ktlanyktlany member
    I'm right there with you! We moved 2 weeks ago from Los Angeles to a small town in Michigan. I also left an amazing job that I miss terribly and all of my friends. I don't really have any advice, but it's been helping me to get out and go to the park with LO. When I feel like "what the heck am I doing?!" I just think of how much better my daughter's life will be here. Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just found the park to walk to today!!! Today has been such a better day!! Thanks guys for telling the time to read my negativity!! 

DH has family around but they all work all day. 

Its just overwhelming because were staying with his parents right now and the house is a complete disaster...so im trying to work through that as well. Made orogress today to get the kitchen functioning while LO napped. 

Today is a good day!!!
  • Options
    I am so happy to hear things are looking up! Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do, so just being aware that you will be more emotional helps. Tough things will seem tougher. Give yourself some time to adjust to a new place.

Getting outdoors was going to be my advice, but I see you've done that! Have you tried meeting some of your neighbors? If you're lucky, you might find a few you enjoy spending time with. 

When I find myself sad or overwhelmed, I find a couple of things help.

Keeping a journal helps. I will write down a few psotive things every day. Either how blessed I am, or something that made me happy that day. You can even keep a sheet on the fridge that you see every day.

Scheduling anything helps me. Even if it's small, knowing I have something to do or look forward to helps. I personally LOVE organizing, so I'll schedule a task for each day. I look forward to it, and even plan for it all week.

Good luck to you girl. Hopefully this place in time feels more like home with all the memories you are going to make! 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the support!! Things have been looking up so far :) im trying to be kinder to myself and more open with my feelings. 

Journaling is an excellent idea!! Im super excited to go pick up a fun new journal to start!

My inlaws have really been amazing and working to make me feel comfortable. My SIL has taken tome to drive me around and point out things i might enjoy. 

She is really money savvy as shes a SAHM with 5 kids...so im looking forward to learning some of her tricks. 

Heres to this new adventure
  • Options
    What area of MO do you live in (you don't have to give the name of the town if you don't want)?  I'm a little south of St. Louis and didn't know how close we were.
  • Options
    Have you found the Dunkin yet? I think your husband told you they didn't exist here.  :D
  • Options
    Im in kansas city. 

Yes i found the dunkin!!!! Theres 1! Only 1... far reach from new england where there 1 maybe more on every single corner. 

But when im a little homesick i get myself  dunks :) 

Ive been feeling much better lately.  In the process of getting my nursing license changed then hopefully when im working i wont feel like such a lump. 

I dont regret the move, but i wont like id rather be "home". Its hard to have no friends. But im trying to venture out a little bit. Im not very outgoing so its a little tough.