September 2016 Moms

UO

2»

Re: UO

• @AnnaS930  okay now this has turned into a full blown craving!! must have some! 
  • RG1RG1 member
    edited June 2016
    AnnaS930 said:
    RG1 said:
    Speaking of shows we dislike (I also dislike OITNB) I HATED Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. DH and I watched the whole first season just waiting for it to get better and i don't think I laughed once. Just not my kind of humour I guess. All the jokes seemed like they were trying too hard. 
    100% agreed. My husband found it hilarious, I just didn't get the humor.  I love The Office, Parks and Rec, anything along those lines.. but Kimmy just was not funny to me.  Granted - I might have been in a bad mood when watching, that can really taint TV shows for me. 
    Yes the office, parks and rec and arrested development are right up my alley! Possibly the bad mood, but I doubt it  :p
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ajn092 I'm with you on people visiting in the hospital. DH and my mom were in the delivery room (sister was supposed to be but my dad couldn't watch my niece so she sat in the waiting room). It's kinda foggy to me now but my dad showed up about an hour or so after the birth and sis and niece came in shortly after DS was born. I told my MIL she is welcome to witness the birth but just asked that she stay up by the head of the bed (we're close, but not so close that I want her seeing that part of me  :D)

Re: sweet potato fries...okay but not my fav, but homemade sweet potato chips with garlic mayonnaise is my jam! The pub I worked at in college made these and they were to die for!
  • @jbscmama i just wish more places in my area offered them. there is one place that offers them. they are delicious, crispy, hot. YUM! i even had to run over there to get some after posting in this thread... i knew they would be soggy though because i got them to go, but i didnt even care. i just wanted them so bad. but i definitely agree crispy is best.
  • kosmo86 said:
    Got my UO from june thread- I eat my lunch meat cold now every day for lunch and I am totally okay with it. I know many ladies on here do it to so it isn't much of UO. 

Liking as I'm literally eating a cold cut sub for lunch as I type this.  My UO I guess would be that I think it's completely pointless to avoid lunch meat like sooo many people do.  There was a listeria outbreak years ago and it's somehow never made it off the list of foods to avoid, while all the recent listeria outbreak items never make it on.
  • RG1RG1 member
    kosmo86 said:
    Got my UO from june thread- I eat my lunch meat cold now every day for lunch and I am totally okay with it. I know many ladies on here do it to so it isn't much of UO. 

I do it too. On Sunday, I had a hot dog (nitrates), a mcflurry, then a sub with cold meat. No shame. I can't live my life paranoid about everything.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @RG1 I love hotdogs and still eat them, I eat it with some veggies and I call it a balanced meal. **Shrugs** 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• For those of you who like OITNB, have you tried the show Wentworth on Netflix? Similar concept but also really good in my opinion. 
    I saw that show but didn't try it yet, I had no idea if it was good or no. Maybe I will try it then! How many episodes does it take to get the feel of the show 1? 3? 5?
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• SLou24SLou24 member
    Ew Ew Ew. I don't know why, but the thought of "sweet" sweet potato fries really grosses me out. Salt them up, baby! I don't think I've ever had a sweet dipping sauce with them either. There's a place by me that has sweet potato tots and I was SO excited to try them, and then extremely disappointed when they were sweet with cinnamon/sugar not salty. Womp womp. 

@RG1 I've eaten 3 hot dogs this week. And I'm sure I'll eat more this weekend. I can't get enough. They were organic all beef, so that's how I make myself feel better about it :) 
  • SLou24SLou24 member
    MojieJo said:
    Re: pickles...they're all disgusting.  End of discussion. :expressionless:
    @MojieJo
  • @alyeena I don't remember to be honest. I watched it a while ago. But I think a few gets you into it. :) i am going to see if they have a new season too as I haven't looked In a while!
  • @slou24 You heard me.  Disgusting! :naughty:

I've never liked pickles.  Or their parents, cucumbers.  Blech.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Pepper6 said:
    kosmo86 said:

Liking as I'm literally eating a cold cut sub for lunch as I type this.  My UO I guess would be that I think it's completely pointless to avoid lunch meat like sooo many people do.  There was a listeria outbreak years ago and it's somehow never made it off the list of foods to avoid, while all the recent listeria outbreak items never make it on.
    So much this. During both of my pregnancies, bagged salad mixes have had listeria outbreaks. Yet I never see them on the list. I'm eating my lunch meat when I want it.

• @ajn092 I didn't mind other people holding my daughter shortly after her birth either. I'm glad I'm not the only one... I was starting to worry there was something wrong with me. It only lasted for 3 or 4 hours then they all left and never dropped in on us while we were in the hospital again. I kind of liked just getting it all out of the way and then having the rest of our stay just be us three.

• I can't stand some word abbreviations that become popular, like BAE. Or "new words or phrases" like on fleek. They just get on more nerves. 
    We have called our son bae since birth. I thought it was just short for baby. But sil says it means before anyone else
  • I read online that bae is Danish for poop. Haha!
  • I read online that bae is Danish for poop. Haha!

*** Stuck in box ***

I'm Danish and it's absolutely true! Well, the right spelling is "bæ", but since we don't use that letter in English it's close enough to look ridiculous to anyone from Denmark.
  • @camichael84  my theory is that they don't add certain salads fruits and veggies to the list of what not to eat because the benefits outweigh the risks but with cold cuts that not really the case(in their opinion) so they just left them on there.
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @ajn092 I didn't mind other people holding my daughter shortly after her birth either. I'm glad I'm not the only one... I was starting to worry there was something wrong with me. It only lasted for 3 or 4 hours then they all left and never dropped in on us while we were in the hospital again. I kind of liked just getting it all out of the way and then having the rest of our stay just be us three.
    This happened to me too.  I had a c-section and it took me a while to get back to my room after they were done sewing me up.  DH went with DS for the weight and measurements and footprints and all that.  Everyone met me back in my room at about the same time.  I had no problem with my parents and sister holding DS.  They had been there all day (since 6 am and they didn't get to see him until 11pm) and I didn't want to kick them out and tell them to go home after all that time.  They held him for a short time then left.  I had the rest of the week in the hospital with him.  I didn't mind at all. Like @camichael84, I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me!
  • @TheTamedShrew so sorry to hear about losing your mom. That's truly sad. I can't imagine. And while I don't know what I will want 100% during my labor (don't know, never done this before), I do appreciate everyone wanting to be involved. It is a big deal, afterall!
  • * lurking from Aug 16 *
    @rock1cherry Sooo much love for wentworth - Queen bea would eat piper for breakfast, literally chew her up and spit her out! 
  • @mrsrundell you are so right!! I still need to see if there's a season I haven't watched yet...I miss that show!
  • My UO: Female body hair. Have it? Don't have it? I don't care!

I'm ultimately tired of it being socially unacceptable for women to have hair under their arms or on their legs. Shaving SUCKS. I hate it. The only reason I do it at all is because I don't like using regular deodorants and for the natural ones to work effectively, I've got to have a no-hair situation going on under the arms. I HATE STINK. Stink is ucky and I want to smell good. Personal preference. So, I shave. But other women who use regular strength deodorants, what's the problem with them having underarm hair? I'm just not grossed out by it. Body hair is not gross to me. Just don't smell, porfavor.
    Pregnancy Ticker