July 2016 Moms

Overdue club

Welcome to July ladies! Hope we have lots of on time babies, but here is a place to bitch, whine, and support those who are overdue! 

Re: Overdue club

• Due today. I am insanely jealous of all these babies. I have been doing everything I can go get this kid out, and nothing seems to work. I haven't progressed any since last week, and it is so disheartening. 
  • Due today, too. I gave up trying anything to get this baby out. It's like buying a lottery ticket for me. I rationally know the chances of winning are slim to none, but I get irrationally upset when I don't win. I mean, why would I buy the ticket if I don't think I'll win, right? Trying to kick start labor feels the same way. I wouldn't be trying it if I didn't think it would work. So when it doesn't I'm insanely pissed.

• Loading the player...
  • Also due today! Got a sweep and some perspective at the midwife's office today. Not sure which is making me feel more zen, but feeling much more zen about going overdue today than I have felt for the past few weeks. Setting OWTs aside for a while. Time to try to relax. So what's everyone wearing these days? I swear NOTHING fits at this point!
  • @pootsdragon I plan to be in pajamas until this creature emerges. I am on maternity leave now and I see no reason to wear anything other than maternity sweats and tank tops. 
  • Hi ladies!
    Im from the June club but am going to be a July mama. Thought I would say hello! 
    Currently 41 weeks today. 
    1 sweep 
    Tons of raspberry leaf tea
    evening primrose oil orally (going to try internally tonight)
    lots of sex 
    bouncing on the ball 
    walking 

talking about more sweeps and then cervadil. I have been planning a home birth and the last thing I want is to be in a hospital restricted with the monitoring equipment unless absolutely necessary!

im also talking to baby :) little chats about how nice it is out here .... Because ...why not!

any STM with cervadil experience? 

• I am wish I were zen about this. @LadyFleck totally agree on the being upset at nothing working. They say to avoid pumping and nipple stimulation while pregnant, because that produces contractions. So me bouncing on my ball, cervix covered in semen, eating pineapple and pumping should be the magic ticket right?!? Not a fucking thing. And now people have upped their texting game to all day every day. "Any news yet?" "Baby here yet?" "She just wants to be a patriotic baby" "you SHOULD WAIT until July 4th!"  So much rage towards everyone. 

Oh I hear you. If I could punch each person who has sent inconsiderate baby messages. Because we all know I'm sooooo good at kiegels that I am holding this baby in. 

• @gauge1234 41 weeks? Ouch! I am sorry. I'm glad you will be able to have cervadil at home! Hope your little one makes an appearance asap!!! 
  • I'm currently resigned this baby will not be coming by the fourth. I plan to cry it out today :( 
  • I'm 40+4... DD was 12 days late last time.  I'm feeling OK, much better this time (mentally) about passing my due date.  
  • Here is a helpful website for the people who keep asking about the baby. https://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/
    This is awesome!! Lol 

• @gauge1234 41 weeks? Ouch! I am sorry. I'm glad you will be able to have cervadil at home! Hope your little one makes an appearance asap!!! 

I'm trying to remember that we are having a baby super soon no matter what. I won't be pregnant forever :)  but yes. There is a wait. 

Everyone who was excited and texting around my due date has stopped lol. And my MIL rescheduled her flight so she is not sitting around waiting for me to have the baby. 

Commmmonnnnnnnnn cervix!!
  • I was due June 30th. The whole "she could come at any time or not" thing has got me seriously anxious! It's the waiting that's a killer. 

I mean we've waited 10 months, but for some reason I can't wait another couple days? I think part of its also that it's my first time, so anytime I feel anything different I think "is that it, is it time??!!". It's exhausting! 

Good luck to us all in trying to stay calm for the little ones arrival!! 
  • I'm due today (the 3rd) but I see zero hope of him coming out... My initial due date was the 10th, but they changed it (early on), and now I'm thinking they shouldn't have. (Ya, I got a chunky kid, maybe I just make big babies!) I told DH I just wanted to sleep til my water broke and we could go to hospital. Apparently that wasn't an acceptable answer *shrug*
    Hang in there ladies, you guys are doing awesome and hopefully we'll see these babies in no time!
  • @LadyFleck I've been up since 4am thinking about exactly this! Physically, emotionally, mentally exhausted, but knowing I need to save my physical body for labor, keep my mental state positive for labor and PP, and have the emotional capacity to keep my heart open for my son and to be a good partner to my husband and not leave his needs in the dust... I've decided resting is the best idea, though it's boring as all hell. I got a haircut and plan to do my nails tomorrow. I've also started playing a bunch of garbage app games and some World of Warcraft to pass the time. Web surfing is too stressful with current interests and I don't have the energy for projects or going out. Let me know if you come up with anything brilliant to do :)
  • LadyFleck said:
    Ive decided "screw resting". I'm too antsy to sit at home and obsess over every little twinge. My two six year olds need entertainment and my husband needs a kick in the ass. The beach it is!
    Oh wow that sounds like the perfect combo of relax and get out! I'd kill for a beach trip!
  • I'm not currently overdue, but was with DD so I completely remember and sympathize with all of you ladies. I promise you, you will not be pregnant forever and am anxiously awaiting your birth stories/pictures should you choose to share them (and respectfully understand if you do not). 

I made the mistake of taking my due date off from work while pregnant with DD. I tried all the old wives tales, ran (as well as one 40+ weeks can waddle/run), did all sorts of deep cleaning, and nothing. Then since DD hadn't come yet, I had to go back to work. I was a mess that week at work. Thankfully I had awesome co-workers who brought me snacks and were as encouraging as they could be. 

It may seem like crazy advice because at this point all you want is the baby out, but please, take the time to do something special for yourself. Mani/pedi, massage, a giant pint of ice cream and a sappy movie... Whatever your guilty pleasure is, please do something just for you!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• I still have until the end of the month but am following this thread just because I was 11 days past due with DD when I was induced. Not too hopeful this baby will born in July and there's a good chance I'll have the last baby in our group. I didn't mind being overdue rooming, but I kept busy. Date night on our due date, going to a movie, seeing friends (that won't bug you), etc. I did not sit at home at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah we have been trying to get out as much as possible too. But the second you are home, symptom spotting starts again :( 
  • lolomommy1lolomommy1 member
    edited July 2016
    I still have two weeks until my due date but I was 7days overdue with my last and 1week early with my first. Was curious if you ladies who are overdue had a due date based off a sizing Ultrasound or is it a date based off your last missed period?
  • I still have two weeks until my due date but I was 7days overdue with my last and 1week early with my first. Was curious if you ladies who are overdue had a due date based off a sizing Ultrasound or is it a date based off your last missed period?
    Mine was based off of my missed period, but my ultrasounds were always within a day of that anyways. 
  • @lolomommy1 I was temping and charting and know which day I ovulated. My ultrasound measurements confirmed gestational age and for the past 6 weeks so does fundal height. He was definitely 40 weeks either the 31st of June or 1st of July no doubt about it!
  • @lolomommy1 I was temping and charting and know which day I ovulated. My ultrasound measurements confirmed gestational age and for the past 6 weeks so does fundal height. He was definitely 40 weeks either the 31st of June or 1st of July no doubt about it!
    Same same same
  • It is based off of my last period. So I know there is room for the date to be completely different. 
  • 41+2 right now 
  • Today is my due date. No signs at all of baby coming. Feeling disheartened 
  • @KASG I'm in the same boat. Due the 28th but still watching things around here.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OK, I'm calling it. 10:45pm here on the west coast and I don't think this baby is coming in the next hour. Overdue it is! Good luck to @blissylissy86, hang in there ladies! 
  • Officially overdue had contractions for a few hours not bad ones but then they stopped. I'm pissed and frustrated and angry and know that without much doubt my parents and brother won't be able to meet her since they have to leave tomorrow to bring him out to Virginia for college 
  • KASGKASG member
    @Backbypopulardemand aw. Maybe the baby will stay until at least your parents can be there. And you can skype or facetime your brother maybe.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Lurking this thread.. all of you ladies are in my thoughts! FX you all get to hold your LOs soon.