Pregnant after IF

***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/27***

mechelita44mechelita44 member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: We've all gone through a lot to get where we are today with these beautiful babies in our bellies. And along our IF journeys I am sure we all encountered things and feelings that we didn't expect -- good and bad. Now that we've all made it to the 'final stretch' as some like to call the third trimester, can you summarize how you've felt along the way? Anything you have experienced that you did not expect? Or did expect? Good, bad, or just plain funny or weird?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! :smile:

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@DSTtots4lyfe  EDD 06/17/16
@mechelita44  EDD 07/20/16 team green
@TerraMae80  EDD 08/04/16 with a little boy
@riveridgional  EDD 08/06/16 with a little boy
katie121209  EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl
emsmama15  EDD 8/29/16 with a litte girl and a little boy
chrissym126  EDD 09/8/16 team green

Congratulations to @msbender129 who’s team green turned pink! MacKenzie Sue was born on June 13, 2016 at 3:21pm, weighing 6 lbs 11 oz, 20.5 inches long :smile:

Re: ***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/27***

• First off, congrats to @Msbender129!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

So, I'm just about 35 weeks and I just got the call that my C-Section is scheduled for July 28th (my birthday) at 7:30 am! It is so strange knowing the date. I didn't pick the date, nor did I mention to my doc that it's my birthday. I didn't want to pick the date and when he said the 28th all I said was, OK. I think it's neat to share the day with my son. My first son had his 1st b-day and will have his 6th b-day on Mother's Day. After all that I've been through trying to have kids at all, I think it's pretty amazing how it's all worked out. 

QOTW: My first pregnancy through IVF was scary and unpredictable. The second time around, with a two year old was insane! And I loved both experiences! If I really want to try for a girl, I would, no doubt, do it all over again!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited June 2016
    @TerraMae80 Yay!!! How exciting that you and your son will share a birthday!!! So crazy that you know the date :smile: one month from tomorrow!! Eeeeee!

I had my 36 week appt today even though Wednesday marks week 37 --- which always confuses me because I feel like in my mind I am 1 week ahead of the doc. It was a quick, simple appt like usual. Had my group b strep test done so hopefully all is good there. I'll be back next week, except not until Friday which seems so far away for a weekly appt! We also have an infant care class the same day as my next appt which should be interesting as we both thought the childbirth class at the hospital was dreadful! Ahh!

QOTW: At almost 37 weeks, I just cannot believe our baby is almost here! I still remember the days (and the emotions) of taking all of the meds for my IVF egg retrieval like they were yesterday. Last year around this time, we had to put our IF treatment on hold for some other medical issues I was having... I had a cancer scare. Thank God it ended up being an autoimmune disease instead. Baby's due date, 7/20, is actually the same date I had my surgery last year. It's crazy what a difference a year makes. All I can say is that I am so thankful and so blessed to be where we are at today. Every symptom, every pain, every bit of discomfort, every body change, every sleepless night throughout this pregnancy has been 100% worth it. I just can't wait to meet our little babe :smile:

• Loading the player...
  • @mechelita44 It is soooo weird knowing the date. With my first, the element of surprise was so amazing. I really wanted to have the water breaking experience, ya know? I went in for my 38 week check and was told to go to L&D for monitoring for preeclampsia. Blood pressure was high so I had to come in the next morning, then as I was there, I was told I'm going to be induced. Like WHAAAA???? 

So this time around to be a little more prepared is neat, but I really am missing out on the whole "natural" way of going into labor. But, whatever gets my baby in my arms safely is all I care about. 

Plus I just google "Uterine Rupture"  :|

AHHHHHHHHH the Group B, hahaha that one took me by surprise the first time. HAHH like, HELLOOO!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone by!!! How are you feeling comfort wise? I'm miserable. I'm sitting at work and using the loo every 5 minutes and sitting in a very uncomfortable chair from 7:30 to 4:30 every day. BLAH! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @Msbender129 - CONGRATULATIONS!! 

@TerraMae80 - that's cool you'll share a birthday with your son.  I agree that knowing the date you will give birth seems so weird.  BUT, I loved it the first time around.  Especially after I found out I'd need general anesthesia.  I had everything figured out - a photographer, a videographer, which of my NICU co-workers would be attending my delivery, etc.  It gave me a real sense of control when I felt COMPLETELY out of control.  This time around, I'm really happy to know so I know we have plans in place for our toddler.  :)  

@mechelita44 - I found the childbirth class to be dreadful as well.  I hope your child care class is better! 

AFM, I'm 31 weeks today.  After the all the drama a month ago, I'm starting to believe my OB that I will make it to my c-section at 38w1d.  I'm still contracting, but never regularly.  I start BPP and NST next week, as well as have an OB appt and a growth scan.  I'm just planning to be in the office all morning.  UGH.  Only 6 weeks of twice weekly appointments.  I can do it!  

Oh, and my mail carrier (a woman) told me today that I look tiny for carrying twins.  Made my week! :)  She's getting an extra big present for the holidays!

QOTW: With my first (a Clomid/TI baby), I had this idea that pregnancy was going to be so beautiful and I'd feel great and everything would be perfect.  My mom told me all my life how much she loved being pregnant - best time of her life.  HAH!  I remember around the 30 week mark telling a friend "I HATE being pregnant" and I felt so guilty about it because I'd tried "so hard" to get there.  I think I spent a good portion of the pregnancy mourning the loss of my dream pregnancy, if that makes sense.   This time around, we tried a whole lot harder to get there (TI, IUIx6, and finally IVF success after 19 months).  When I found out it was twins, I thought "OH MY GOD, it's going to be twice as bad!"  And actually, it hasn't been that bad.  I think (1) it took so much longer and I'm so much more appreciative of this chance to have more children, and even more importantly (2) my expectations were so low that I've surpassed how I thought it might be.  I can't say I love being pregnant, but I wouldn't say I hate it either.  It's just interesting.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
    edited June 2016
    @TerraMae80 I can't believe how fast time has gone by either! Approaching the 20 week mark felt like eternity, now I'm like woah, slow down!!! Definitely excited and ready though (or as ready as we'll ever be haha!). I am feeling pretty good for the most part which I am very thankful for! Only issues are at night... sleeping is tough! I just can't get comfortable on my sides, I pee 3-4 times a night (a trickle each time of course which really is a kick to the ovaries), my hands are swelling and going numb which wakes me up constantly, I hate my pregnancy pillow but always roll on my back if I don't use it --- so I have resorted to sleeping sitting up which of course now hurts my back! And it's HOT haha. Oh pregnant people problems! On the grand scheme of things, it's not so bad. Just means I get to take more naps :wink: Also, I feel like this my body's way of prepping me for being up at all hours of the night when our baby is born, I seriously cannot wait :smile: 
    edited June 2016
    @emsmama15  So glad to hear that things are going much better for  you and that  your experience this time around has been better as well! There is NO doubt that being pregnant does A LOT to our bodies! But we are all fabulously strong women that have been through so much that we can do anything!!! We're all like SUPERWOMAN!!!  

Sorry guys, feeling overly emotional / overly cheesy and chipper all at the same time!!! 
  • @Msbender129 congrats on your baby!! 
    @TerraMae80 so exciting that you know your date!!! 

After 3 nights in the hospital our puppy is home. I don't know how I'm going to stay sane with the crate rest and cone!! But I am so thankful he is recovering well. 

While he was in the hospital this weekend we drove to south Florida for the baby shower thrown by my MIL. The 5 hour drive there and back was so uncomfortable and I was having BH a ton. We got some nice things but oddly DHs mother and father (who are divorced) did not get us a single thing, not even a card. Im not trying to be greedy, it was just bizarre. I ordered our crib and car seat last night and will be headed to target probably next week to get the rest of the items from our registry. 

• LADIES - where are we all going to chat after we have our LO's? I have a few groups that have gone and started a spin off on FB. Would you all want to do that? It's so much easier to post and share pics and I would really hate to lose contact with any of you lovely ladies!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @katie121209  Glad to hear your puppy is recovering well :smile: We had to buy a TON of stuff off our registry too after our shower. We were lucky to be given monetary gifts and gift cards which helped us get the rest for sure, but I was not anticipating just how much we'd still have to buy. 

@TerraMae80 I love the idea of all staying in touch after our babies are born. I have seem some other groups have after baby is born forums here on the bump but something on FB could work too. I am awful with FB but could give it a whirl haha. 
  • I am 35 weeks today and based on my scheduled c-section I only have 4 more weeks to go! 

While I am so ready to get this baby out, I am so going to miss being pregnant. I love my bump and I love feeling the movements. I do miss my sleep and sleeping on my stomach though. Although the no sleep is going to be going on for at least the next year! 

I wake up feeling amazing, and I can't even tell I'm pregnant, then by the end of the day I feel like a whale. OMG so heavy and tired.  Here's the new bump. 

2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited June 2016
    @TerraMae80 Congrats on the C-section date! How exciting you'll always be able to share that day with your son! You look beautiful, as always, in your picture!

@mechelita44 Glad you got that strep B test done with. Mine is next week!

@emsmama15 I'm glad the drama of a few weeks ago has died down and fingers crossed you make it to your scheduled C-section. 

@katie121209 I'm glad to hear your puppy is back home!

@DSTtots4lyfe I hope you've either had your baby or are managing okay as you await his/her arrival.

As for me, I had my regular prenatal checkup and blood pressure was at 156/94, but no protein in my urine so no preeclampsia (once again, phew). I was prescribed a vacation so we can see if work is causing my high blood pressure  (I doubt it. It's actually been relatively relaxing the last few weeks). So, no work until I complete a NST test on Tuesday. She will then re-evaluate whether I can go back to work. We're most likely looking at an early delivery by induction or C-section and she will try to get me as close to 39 weeks as possible. Depending on how things go, we could be looking at as early as 36-37 weeks. Eeeekk! I really want him to keep cooking until 38 weeks at least!

QOTW: I never expected at the end of all the IF mess to actually be greatful for the experience in any way. But, honestly, I love the outlook it gave me on pregnancy and life and the way it made me a more passionate, understanding, and patient person. I also think it strengthened my relationship with my husband (I know it happens the opposite for some and personally know a few people who divorced after IF caused rifts, and I was so fearful it could happen to us). I saw support and love from him that I never knew possible. I had a huge breakdown during the 2ww of the cycle I actually found out I was pregnant, and the words he said to me were so loving, helpful, and supportive that for the first time in the process I believed and felt I and we would be okay and live a fulfilling life without kids if things didn't work out. I think it was the first time I actually believed him that he wouldn't blame me or harbor any resentment if we couldn't have kids. When I tell you I was convinced the last cycle didn't work, I was 99.99% positive it didn't work. It was by far the most stressful month of my TTC experience, and we even experienced some issues with TI that month that I thought sealed the coffin on that treatment cycle.

Anyway, I also think the IF process has made me treasure everything about my pregnancy and really remember and experience my feelings and pregnancy. Otherwise, I think it would have been too easy to focus on any negative aspects of pregnancy and have any of that dampen the experience. So, to sum it up, I never expected to be so grateful for a process that just seemed so negative, defeating, and overall terrible at the time.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited July 2016
    **hate the bump sometimes. I just posted a long rant about my stress level and it didn't post the whole thing. Recreating it is just not the same!**

Omg. Not being able to go to work is far more stressful for me than going to work. I've been up for the last hour and a half stressing about my files and what I need to tell the attorney and my paralegal who will be working on my files and whether and what out of office messayed I should ask my office manager to put on my voicemail and email. I'm a bankruptcy attorney with 2 big deadlines on Tuesday, which I was told I couldn't work. There isn't too much left to be done on them but they're hard deadlines nonetheless that the court can't extend. I also have a few hearings coming up that still need some work done. I just feel so awful for my coworker. Since we're the only attys in our area, all my work falls on her, and she had to cancel her planned vacation for Tuesday and Wednesday to deal with my deadlines. I was only able to start training another attorney to help her our, so she won't have much help there. I was very proactive for work that would come up during my projected leave but I keep thinking of all the matters coming up between now and then. I refused to entertain bed rest (or vacation rest? Didn't even know there was a thing) as a possibility because I wanted to stay positive. Ugh. Hoping I will stop stressing once the office opens, and I can talk to people. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @riveridgional sorry to hear that your prescribed rest is causing you more stress :( 

is is anyone else struggling with feeling overheated? I thought our AC was broken the other night- but no it was 72 and I was sweating buckets with no clothing or covers on. DH is ranting about the electric bill and says I can't turn it any lower. I think I need to get one of those spray fans with water that they sell at Disney. 
  • @katie121209 - I decreased ours down to 69.  And I have a ceiling fan and a fan called a wind tunnel blowing on my at night.  I couldn't handle it anymore.  I'm sure our electric bill is going to be atrocious.  

@riveridgional - I'm so sorry your rest is far from restful.  Hopefully things are better now that you've been able to check in with your coverage about the concerns you had.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Hi ladies!!! Sorry I haven't started up a new check in but I think we're going to need a new leader... Baby Rodrigo decided to come 3 weeks early!!! Team green turned BLUE!!!! Rodrigo was born on Saturday, July 2 at 5:20 am. He weighed 7 lbs 8 ounces, and was 20 inches long! He is so happy and so healthy!!! We are so incredibly in LOVE!!!! 
  • @mechelita44 Congrats!! So glad to hear he's happy and healthy! Welcome to motherhood! I'd offer to take over the check-in, but, depending on testing tomorrow, my baby may be arriving pretty soon!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• OMG @mechelita44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in tears I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Thanks everyone !!! Rodrigo is an absolute angel :blush: Being his Mommy is THE BEST feeling in the world!!! We are so blessed and so in LOVE !!!