November 2016 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Wtf to my sister in law. I just told most of my family last week that we are pregnant and expecting a boy (after 3 girls and no boys being born in the family in about 16 years I am so excited). I told my brother who passed the info along to his ... less than lovely wife. She decided to respond by sending me a Facebook message saying things like "you're crazy. Better you than me. Now you just have to hire a maid, chef, and driver to keep up with all your kid." But my personal favorite was when she decided to tell me that we better have anther son so he doesn't grow up alone and end up emotionally scarred like my brother for not having a same sex sibling. Excuse me? My brother didn't seem so scarred until he started dating her. Plus.. isn't that what friends are for? She then went on to tell me that I should plan for a natural birth because it's so empowering. She did it and it was so tough for her because she had never had a vaginal birth before but it would be a "walk in the park" for me since I've already expelled multiple children from my vagina. She is so rude.
  • Options
    @leighry - that is crazy! I'm sorry you were confronted with that level of hostility! Hope you're ignoring (at least as much as you can).
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leighry Wow she sounds awful. Please don't listen to her negativity, and enjoy your baby boy (and pain meds if you so choose)!
  • Options
    Kittens22Kittens22 member
    edited June 2016
    I am a Wedding Coordinator & last night did a rehearsal for a wedding that's this weekend. At one quiet point while the officiant was speaking, the mother-of-the-groom, who I had not met yet, came up beside me and said, "You're not going to give birth during the wedding are you?" THE WEDDING IS THIS SATURDAY.

I stared at her for a second, realized that she was completely serious, and just said, "I'm due in November." She's like "Oh well, that's quite far away actually"  ... yes, it is, you crazy woman. Why not just ask when I'm due along with the rest of the universe? Seriously. I'm really not even very big. 

(Edit: I'm actually due end of October now- I keep forgetting- but obviously this lady didn't need to know that!)
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ and @lizap77 ... she has been this way since I've known her. Just always has to point out the most negative about someone else's situation but apparently nothing but roses come out her ass. I do my best to just let what she says roll off and move on but this was extra irritating. I haven't reached out and smacked the bitch yet.. but that could be coming.  :p then I could blame it on my hormones.
  • Options
    leighry said:
    Wtf to my sister in law. I just told most of my family last week that we are pregnant and expecting a boy (after 3 girls and no boys being born in the family in about 16 years I am so excited). I told my brother who passed the info along to his ... less than lovely wife. She decided to respond by sending me a Facebook message saying things like "you're crazy. Better you than me. Now you just have to hire a maid, chef, and driver to keep up with all your kid." But my personal favorite was when she decided to tell me that we better have anther son so he doesn't grow up alone and end up emotionally scarred like my brother for not having a same sex sibling. Excuse me? My brother didn't seem so scarred until he started dating her. Plus.. isn't that what friends are for? She then went on to tell me that I should plan for a natural birth because it's so empowering. She did it and it was so tough for her because she had never had a vaginal birth before but it would be a "walk in the park" for me since I've already expelled multiple children from my vagina. She is so rude.
    I'm sorry but that is hilarious. The idea that any birth could be a walk in the park is deluded. It probably doesn't seem funny right now but in a few years, this will be a hilarious story to tell people.
  • Options
    WTF Carters.com?! I had 11 items in my cart that I spent the last half an hour searching to find. I click on my cart and you say it's empty?! There goes that purchase, I don't have the patience to do that again.
  • Options
    WTF to me peeing my pants on my way home from taking DD to gymnastics last night. Like seriously?!?!!! I knew I had to go but I actually and uncontrollably peed my pants. Not full on but definitely more than just a little urine leakage. Guess it wouldn't hurt to keep some spare undies in my car. Just thankful this didn't happen at work.