August 2015 Moms
Options

Painful Stretch Marks?

Does anyone else have painful stretch marks left over from their pregnancy? Mine didn't hurt while I was pregnant but after my c section, they hurt to the touch (even now, 4 weeks later). I'm pretty sure it's not related to the surgery because each actual stretch mark hurts when I run my finger along it. Anyone have any suggestions to make them stop hurting? I use lotion daily but it's not making any difference at all.

Re: Painful Stretch Marks?

• Options
    Mine have never hurt :-/ they are just aggravating..
  • Options

Mine have never hurt :-/ they are just aggravating..

I'm totally baffled by the pain. I didn't even know it was possible for them to hurt, but they really do. Even having my clothes touching them gets really awful by the end of the day. It's so weird.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would mention it to my dr at your 6 week check up- it can't hurt to ask, maybe he can recommend a solution:)
  • Options
    I am still pregnant and mine are hurting as well. I got them pretty bad in this pregnancy and towards my last days I feel they have gotten worse. They do hurt to the touch. I will be asking my doctor at my next appt on Monday. I feel your pain mama!
  • Options
    I have my 6 week appointment in two weeks so I guess I'll just ask then :-) @paigejenean I hope your pain eases up soon too!
  • Options
    I'm still pregnant 40+1 and mine hurt...it's kind of like a sore feeling. I'm not too worried though, I mean the skin did stretch and become thinner so that would explain the soreness maybe? I'm hoping once they "heal" or fade that they won't hurt anymore. Mine are still very red.
  • Options
    The skin on my belly also hurts and has been super sensitive since my c-section three weeks ago. I also still have a huge bruise around and below my bellybutton (apparently it is now yellow - I can't look at it because the scar freaks me out, but my four-year-old tells me the current color whenever she sees my belly). I'm not sure if I have some stretch marks there as well (as I can't look at it without freaking out...). What helps me are granny panties that end well above my bellybutton. And I've also been wearing spanx to have it all pulled together. Without them, even a flowy dress would irritate my skin too much. I really hope this goes away soon. This was my second (unplanned) c-section and I don't recall my skin being so sensitive and painful the first time around. I hope we'll feel better soon!!!
  • Options
    The nurse that checked me out of the hospital suggested ice packs to help numb the skin. It does help in the short term. 
  • Options
    Mine more just feel awkward when I rub lotion on them. I think just Bc the skin is so lose right now? Maybe a little tender feeling.
  • Options
    I had a csection less than 2 weeks ago and have the same painful issue with my stretch marks--I told my OB this week, who explained that it's caused by the nerves that are severed as a result of cutting the skin during a cesarean. She said as the nerves grow and heal, the pain will fade, and there's a chance the skin may become numb in some areas. She said the healing usually takes a while though (months, for some people).
  • Options

I had a csection less than 2 weeks ago and have the same painful issue with my stretch marks--I told my OB this week, who explained that it's caused by the nerves that are severed as a result of cutting the skin during a cesarean. She said as the nerves grow and heal, the pain will fade, and there's a chance the skin may become numb in some areas. She said the healing usually takes a while though (months, for some people).

I wondered if it was related to the cut nerves!
  • Options
    My stretch marks are emotionally painful. Does that count?
  • Options
    amk013 said:

I say yes! Definitely! Lol ;-)
  • Options
    amk013 said:

Im with you! DH is worried about me bc I cant even get baked in front of him right now. The marks, droopy skin still. Ive lost 30lbs but feel disgusting between the stretch marks and what seems to be loose skin. Ive been using the belly bandit for skin issues, but may be starting skin tightening wraps in the near future. I just dont feel like myself and so worried things will never get to a state im comfortable with.