October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• MRSCORKER said:
    bnsmith85 said:
    @ignoscemihi... whaaat?! Loft has maternity?! 
    I'm not impressed with their selection which makes me sad. Everything is very flowy which makes me look like an actual circus tent. 
    I have a pair of their longer maternity shorts and they're pretty nice for summer.  But, yeah, their maternity stuff is pretty flowy.  Some of their non-maternity dresses look like they might work okay.  I'm thinking of getting this dress because it's stretchy and it should work with my belly: https://www.loft.com/double-v-flare-dress/393952?skuId=20679903&defaultColor=0424&colorExplode=false&catid=catl000013

• Loading the player...
  • @rozANDbenSINCE2001, you guys are so cute!  
  • ignoscemihiignoscemihi member
    edited June 2016
    @TurtleMomma Is that Gorditos?  I love that place.

Edited for TMI
  • @ignoscemihi Thank you so much (both for the compliment and the loft tip!)!! Yeah, we will likely just do those community walks until the kids are a bit older. Kids in costumes are one of my weak spots, though...so stinkin' adorable!

@annabenanna Thank you!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    MRSCORKER said:
    bnsmith85 said:
    I'm not impressed with their selection which makes me sad. Everything is very flowy which makes me look like an actual circus tent. 
    I have a pair of their longer maternity shorts and they're pretty nice for summer.  But, yeah, their maternity stuff is pretty flowy.  Some of their non-maternity dresses look like they might work okay.  I'm thinking of getting this dress because it's stretchy and it should work with my belly: https://www.loft.com/double-v-flare-dress/393952?skuId=20679903&defaultColor=0424&colorExplode=false&catid=catl000013

I agree. I am not a fan of their maternity selection. I did get a pair of shorts that I like but other than that, pass.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My cousin just texted and said her and my BFF are having a "phone meeting" about the baby shower tomorrow.  The fact that they are having a phone meeting scares me but yet leads me to believe that this will be organized and not a cluster F. pros and cons.
  • right?! @MRSCORKER... I just looked and ordered this top https://www.loft.com/maternity-pintucked-racerback-cami/403974?skuId=20908683&defaultColor=5202&colorExplode=false&catid=catl000044 .. but I'm not even 100% confident that it's going to look good. Usually when I'm in a Loft store I'm all 

• @Schell2013 It looks beautiful. My husband and I also have cheap furniture finds we've said we'll refinish...that are not yet refinished. That dresser looks really lovely, though!
    Thanks! I love redoing stuff like that! Very time consuming but so rewarding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MRSCORKER said:
    bnsmith85 said:

That dress will be good for BFing too (if you're doing it) because of the cut at the top.
  • I missed whatever happened w my burrito party!! tell me again (silly work)
  • mrszoess said:
    I missed whatever happened w my burrito party!! tell me again (silly work)

*stuck in the box*

@AllyTheKid  and I were going to crash your burrito party!
  • Really random and NBR but wondering if anyone has any ideas...
    My dog (the little one that likes to hunt, pictured below) obviously saw something run into a wood pile that we have between two trees in our yard. I'm sure whatever it is, is gone now, but she's OBSESSED with that wood stack now. She's a terrier so already stubborn, and now, I literally have to go out in the yard to get her if I want her to come in. She's been out there for almost 4 hours today (one break in the middle to cool off) and would stay out all night if we let her. Any ideas on how to get her to stop obsessing and start coming in when called again? I don't want to offer treats to come in every time because I don't want that to become a habit. All suggestions welcome (within reason) :) 

• @bnsmith85 Is she a cairn terrier? I have one that will obsess like that too over things. She was convinced for a couple of weeks that a destroyed toy was in DH's bedside table because he put it there originally to hide it from her and she saw. 

We ended up having to take the drawer out and let her sniff everything in it and she watched us put it back and she stopped obsessing. That may be a little hard for the wood pile, but maybe try taking her out on a leash for a couple days and use a favorite toy or something to distract her into another area of the yard. Eventually she will hopefully forget about whatever creature she was chasing down! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @bnsmith85 we have a dog that's psycho like that. ;) is there a spray that may change the smell of the area so that it distracts her? Other than that... All I can say is being firm with not letting her over there. 
  • @ibabyloveb87... she is! Almost no one ever knows what breed she is is unless they've had one. :)

I think the leash might be what we have to do to get her to forget about it... maybe leash out in the front yard (so time away from the back yard for a while). I just feel so bad b/c she just loves being outside when it's nice. Too bad, so sad... I guess. She's usually only obsessive about things when it's food related. Not sure if yours was like this... but she's a heifer lol
  • @sjo_thetwins... good idea! They definitely have to have deterrent sprays for stuff like this. So smart :)
  • @bnsmith85 Mine is always on a leash because we don't have a fence. Poor thing......Yet she's the most spoiled dog ever. I call her Piggy all the time due to her "will do anything for food" mentality.

Good luck!! 
  • haha... she looks so pleased to be there @nlane0723 ;)
  • @ignoscemihi

I promise I'm not going to skin suit you, lmao  :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @TurtleMomma it's not you I'm worried about.
  • @TurtleMomma it's not you I'm worried about.
    Haha, fair enough. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @nlane0723 Bahahahaha! Our DD was so not into it, but it was so cute on! Your daughter looks similarly displeased, but amazingly adorable in it! 

@bnsmith85 Maybe you could hide a stuffed toy in the woods and let her "discover" it? Stubborn little girl! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @MRSCORKER Oh do I love a good Friends reference. I'm pretty sure there's one for any life situation! (Currently watching the episode where Ross and Rachel have their first ultrasound.) 
    I can't tie pretty much any life situation to a friends or the office episode :)

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @annabenanna That's always a plus! ;) 

@ibabyloveb87 I watched that one today too. TBS rocks :) 
  • Baby is transverse tonight and it's frigging horrible uncomfortable. I hope it sucks for him as much as it does for me. I can feel his hard life head right on my right side, and he is stretched across. I've been trying some stretches to get him to move, but nope I guess he is comfy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • guys ... this looks hilarious.  (Sausage Party movie trailer) 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @MRSCORKER  I absolutely agree, I am constantly making Friends or Office references in any situation.  It applies to everything!!!

Random question... does anyone have/has registered for a video baby monitor that links to your phone/Ipad?  If so what brand and how do you like it?
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• I registered for
    the ibaby but I obv haven't gotten or used it yet lol
  • @MRSCORKER  I absolutely agree, I am constantly making Friends or Office references in any situation.  It applies to everything!!!

Random question... does anyone have/has registered for a video baby monitor that links to your phone/Ipad?  If so what brand and how do you like it?
    When y'all answer this, any way you could include if it has a regular monitor in addition to being wifi enabled (so it'll connect to devices like phones and such)?

DH is really picky about the monitor having these features and is techy but hasn't done the research yet to see which one he things is best so I'm curious to see what everyone else's experience is with the monitors like this that they chose. One of the big issues I saw was video quality when using wifi. Thanks!
  • I am registered for the Motorola monitor with wifi internet viewing. I obviously haven't used it yet but it has good reviews and I have a friend who has it and says the video quality is good and the screen is a good size.

One of our main concerns was the wifi connection and this one does connect to our phones/iPads/computers so we can watch at out of the house. DH researched a lot more than I did (he's very techy) and decided this was one of the best out there. I'm hoping so! 

The he model is MBP854CONNECT. I don't have a link on my phone but I know it's at Buy Buy Baby. 
  • 1. Friends is my all-time favorite show and I truly believe I can relate every situation in life to an episode. :)

2. I REALLY wanted a video monitor that came with its OWN handheld monitor as well as could connect to our phones...but there are so few out there, and they don't have the greatest reviews.  I ended up registering for the Philips AVENT SCD630/37 Video Baby Monitor, which is JUST a handheld monitor because of the decent reviews I read.  But, if any of you have thoughts on one that does both, please share!!