Trouble TTC

Intro - TTC#1 age 40

Hello, I'm new to this board and usually post in TTC>35.  We've been TTC #1 since right before we got married back in the fall of 2014.  We were not consistent due to some medical issues/procedures I was having for back pain, and his poor understanding/believing of what it actually takes to TTC.  We are now consistent and on the same page, and started with an RE several months ago.  Our results were all good, there are no identified issues/barriers other than age of course.  So we tried a couple of months without any interventions, but this month I got so upset that AF arrived and told H that I wanted to try Clomid.  So I took that CD 3-7 and now today is O day - confirmed by the RE.  We had a minor breakdown last night when H was having some difficulties in the BD department, and both of us threatened that this would be our last month of TTC.  But I think we are out of that mode of thinking and he apologized for overreacting.  Some days I do want to give up because I'm tired of feeling like my whole future is so up in the air - are we going to be a childless couple, or are we going to be parents?  I feel like I'm dangling by a string.  Not to mention the toll it's taking on an intimate level.  Anyway, I haven't known too many in my life that had difficulty TTC, so it's nice to have this venue to find support and understanding.
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: Intro - TTC#1 age 40

• Hello and welcome! Honestly you never know who is experiencing infertility or trouble ttc. When people ask when we are going to have kids I just say "someday", only two friends really know what I am going through.  You are not alone in trouble ttc! Many women in their 40s go on to have successful pregnancies.  Good luck and join the weekly check ins. 
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
    Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
    First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
    Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
    Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
    EDD April 3 and praying things work out!
  • Hi.  I am sorry you have to be here but also glad you joined us.  This board is a great source of comfort and support from a great group of ladies who understand what you are going through.  It has been a big help.

I am sorry you are feeling down right now.  All of us here can understand the frustration and the strain it can put on you and your DH.  My own DH and I ended up taking a break from actively trying for a couple of months at one point just because of the strain it put on our intimate time.

*hugs*
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board. I'm sorry you are having such a rough go but this board is full of so many supportive people!

Me: 30 DH: 33

Married: February 15, 2013

TCC: October 2013

MFI- low count/morphology

May / June 2016- Monitored cycle and TI- BFN

June / July 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #1- BFN

August 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #2-

• Welcome, I'm sorry you find yourself here. I can relate in some ways; ttc has definitely taken the fun out of the bedroom.
    i hope you have success on clomid! 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Thank you all for the supportive words and warm welcome!!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Welcome! I absolutely agree with ducks&cats - we are VERY private about our struggles and when friends and family ask about plans for the children i tell them we are not ready yet.. or "maybe in a year or so".....  so you never know how many people you have known that have struggled and just not said anything about it

i'm so glad you're here and hope that with some additional support it helps get you through :smile:
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02