January 2017 Moms
Options

HDBD 6.22.16

2»

Re: HDBD 6.22.16

• Options
    Do you guys plan to do bump pictures weekly at this stage? I usually go by Dr appointments and do every 4weeks then 2 then 1 etc toward end, but now feeling a little left out if I skip this with you guys lol!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you guys plan to do bump pictures weekly at this stage? I usually go by Dr appointments and do every 4weeks then 2 then 1 etc toward end, but now feeling a little left out if I skip this with you guys lol!
    Personally I did weekly with my first pregnancy once I started having any belly, which was 14 weeks. I had a "Belly Book" where I could scrapbook and journal about the pregnancy. It'll either go to Owen when he's an adult (if he cares) or it'll just stay my keepsake. I'm doing the same this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i'm going to start weekly pics probably around week 12, later if i don't show. 
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I love seeing everyone's bumps! I'm crazy paranoid about putting pictures on the inter webs...not that I think you ladies are creepers or anything. I'm also afraid to eat ice cream during pregnancy because of listeria risks (see...paranoid).
    In the mean time, you all look GORGEOUS!
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    jlea05 said:
    I love seeing everyone's bumps! I'm crazy paranoid about putting pictures on the inter webs...not that I think you ladies are creepers or anything. I'm also afraid to eat ice cream during pregnancy because of listeria risks (see...paranoid).
    In the mean time, you all look GORGEOUS!
    I would have died without ice cream when I was pregnant with my son, I did however stay away from soft serve, despite the cravings for it.
  • Options
    Are we not supposed to have soft serve?!?!
    but mcflurries are my new BFF..... :(
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • Options
    @zdmd_14 I believe the concern is that some machines may not be cleaned properly or frequently enough, increasing the likelihood that there could be listeria. I don't think there's any reason to not eat soft serve itself, but of course, it would be difficult to know whether a particular establishment has clean machines or what their procedures are to clean them. I don't know how often this pops up even. 
  • Options
    Is store bought ice cream okay though?  I've definitely been eating that... ha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EH112212EH112212 member
    edited June 2016
    https://www.livestrong.com/article/278610-can-i-eat-gorgonzola-cheese-during-pregnancy/

Store ice cream is fine. And really soft serve is one of the super crazy lady things (which I totally admit I am one of)  I am sure millions of pregnant people have eaten soft serve and been just fine.

EDIT - I swear that article was about ice cream ... but now I can't find it and I feel like I might be going crazy (although it is 3 am and I am wide awake, uncomfortable,  and listening to my husband snore, so sanity is relative at this point). I left the cheese article in case anyone was interested in that :-)
  • Options
    Thankfully, my fetus hates sweets, especially ice cream- so we are good. 
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    I've never cared for soft serve so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.  All I've wanted so far this pregnancy are popsicles anyway.  (what I REALLY want are Jello Pudding Pops but they haven't made those for years. :'( )

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kelseyh62 that's a hard question to answer. There was a big recall of Blue Bell ice cream probably a little over a year ago due to concerns of potential listeria contamination. The CDC linked 10 illness and 3 deaths to the outbreak. DOJ even did a criminal investigation on Blue Bell to determine if the company handled the outbreak appropriately. The bottom line is that listeria can grow in cold temperatures. So there is a chance that store bought ice cream could potentially contain listeria. However, there have been recalls of all sorts of things like granola bars, peanut butter (believe that was samonella though), frozen vegetables, hummus, etc. This is one of the reasons some women continue to eat deli meat during pregnancy; there's been so many other listeria outbreaks and OBs don't advice to NOT eat the things I just listed, so why is deli meat the supreme evil? So is it possible that store bought ice cream could contain listeria? Yes. Likely? I'd say no. 
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I didn't mean to start a worry over ice cream! I was just using that as an example of how paranoid and worried I get over things I probably shouldn't. But with that said, last year there was a recall of ice cream from a local creamery not far from me, Snoqualmie creamery... due to listeria. But there was also a listeria recall for frozen veggies, too, so...enjoy your ice cream ladies. I'm just a worry wort overall.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    You all look adorable! Im pregnant with #1 at 11w6 (basically 12) not showing at all! My breasts though....jeez!
  • Options
    So many adorable bumps :) I will probably join the party eventually but while I know I don't fit in some of my clothes and have switched to maternity clothes, because I carry all of my weight in my gut, I look really, really pregnant and it's not so much bump as the maternity clothes treating my gut as my bump. A few more weeks and I won't care because I'll start to feel like I'm seeing baby growth but for now I just feel huge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker