Good morning. I have my first OB visit tomorrow and have a list of questions to ask him. But wanted to know if I'm missing anything or if I should be asking anything else. Any other suggestions for the first OB visit? Thanks!
- How much weight should I gain, and at what rate?
- Do I have an increased risk of any specific
complications or conditions?
- What type of testing do you recommend and when are they
to be done?
- Can I travel long distances, or be in a car for several hours at a time. Also, when should I stop air travel?
- What kind of diet should I follow? What should I eat
and drink a lot of, and what should I avoid?
- Should I be doing any particular kind of exercise? What
kind and amount is safe?
- Are there any restrictions on sex throughout my
- Are there any restrictions I need to know about
traveling while pregnant?
- Can I… Dye my hair? Use sunless tanner? Get a massage?
Paint my nails? Go to the spa? Are there any changes to my beauty routine
I need to make?
- What over-the-counter medications are safe, and in what
amount? Are there any I should avoid?
- What position should I sleep in?
- What symptoms should I expect, and how can I manage
them? What’s normal, and what should I call you about?
- What should I do if I…Don’t feel well? Have cramping?
Spotting? Run a fever?
- When labor begins, at what point should I call you?
- What is your position on… Inductions? Scheduled
c-sections? Epidurals and other pain medications? Episiotomies? Vacuum and
forceps usage? IVs and EFMs? Delayed cord clamping? What are my options?
- When is a good time to call you with questions? Who
should I call if you aren’t available? Can I email you if I have
***History & TW in Spoiler***
***bfp & child warning***
TTC - since 2014
7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
IVF #1 - March 2016
Retrieval #1 - April 2016
FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
Trying for baby #2...
FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN
IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - EDD: January 2020