October 2016 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• @AllyTheKid another similar fun fact... if you Google barrel roll then I'm feeling lucky, the screen will barrel roll and, I think, the same with tilt :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @MRSCORKER ... I have serious smoothie/Pan jealousy right now.
  • @MRSCORKER I'm def jealous. Panera is something I dream about sometimes....
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • emmaaa said:
    I never bump on the weekends and apparently I missed some drama. I'm not mad about it.
    I wouldn't call it "drama", just an odd infiltration. 
  • We found out DH's college roommate was taken to jail for murder... wtf... murder! I only met this guy once or twice as DH was moving out as the lease was up and he was moving into a bigger house with some buddies he was closer to. I would never have expected this. I mean, this guy just wasn't the type you would have looked at and thought, okay, that makes sense. Obviously his life has changed a lot since he and DH were friends. The news report said it was his neighbors and they had been at odds and apparently he shot them right there on his front porch during an altercation. One was deemed as self defense but the other he's in jail for. So crazy and so sad for those people's families.
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited June 2016
    @bnsmith85 omg how scary!! What the hell!

@MRSCORKER ugh love panera! Enjoy!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • thanks @mrscorker because now I have all of the cravings. maybe I can swing some French onion soup and an acai bowl for my second breakfast....
  • I think one of my neighbors cows is sick. It's making a ton of noise all hours of the day/night and literally sounds like it's dying..... 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited June 2016
    any places you all have found that have cute maternity stuff? Looking for some options to wear for my shower and maternity shoot... my staple-the Motherhood Maternity v-neck- probably isn't going to cut it for those :)

ETA: I'm thinking online since I wouldn't be able to go to most local places folks would suggest.
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    @bnsmith85 I am like you and the Motherhood vneck is my go to. But I did find a couple of really cute dresses and they were on clearance at Motherhood.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @bnsmith85 I have an obsession with Pink Blush Maternity. Literally almost all my dresses have come from there. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • I second the pink Blush @bnsmith85
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ibabyloveb87 and @cassieleeanne ... I'm so glad you like their stuff! I'm ordering a shirt and robe from there now and was just scrolling through looking at dresses... but was worried about quality. Thanks!!

Also, thanks @annabenanna and @emmaaa! I'll check both of those out too! 

I worry about ordering online because I've got some hips... but I think I just need to take the plunge 
  • @AllyTheKid Thanks! I totally lucked out! It seems everytime one of them is looking in either not going to be big enough, no pregnant or they found someone else! I'm pumped too! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @bnsmith85 They're a little expensive (which is why my three dresses from them are all gifts), but I really love Seraphine. I have this dress in two colors (lavender blossom, which I wore to my shower, and green): https://www.seraphine.com/us/short-sleve-knot-front-dress-lavender.html  and this one: https://www.seraphine.com/us/blue-paisley-knot-front-maternity-maxi-dress.html

They're so comfortable and, because of the way they drape, I wear mine even when I'm not pregnant.

• @bamacoop I legit do the same thing with Yelp. I was in the restaurant industry for 15 years and my
    family still owns a restaurant so it's mostly to roll my eyes at some of the Yelp-ers comments.  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Why is it so hard to give a urine sample before each of my monthly appointments? I can't seem to NOT pee all over my hand...
  • LMNOBaby said:
    Why is it so hard to give a urine sample before each of my monthly appointments? I can't seem to NOT pee all over my hand...
    haha... I feel like I'm a pro at this point!
  • @ignoscemihi... wow, those are expensive... but super cute! I think I'm going to splurge on a couple  :#
  • Lucky @Schell2013!  

@LMNOBaby, I've mastered a technique... I place cup on floor and pee all squatted down.... I just think "imagine you're peeing in the woods".  Ha! It works like a charm!
  • You ladies have to give a urine sample every time?? My doctor only made me do it once at about 8 weeks. I've done it every time I've been in the ER, but never at the doctor's office.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @krzyriver... yes, every time. It's to check for protein in your urine (pre-e check)... from what I understand. My friend has to do the same... different provider, so it must be common.
  • @krzyriver EVERY time!! I think they screen it for something... They always tell me it's negative, but I have no idea what they're testing for.  I forgot once and had used the bathroom right before my appointment.  I was in there for like 10 minutes trying to squeeze something out...I can only imagine what they were thinking.
  • krzyriver said:
    You ladies have to give a urine sample every time?? My doctor only made me do it once at about 8 weeks. I've done it every time I've been in the ER, but never at the doctor's office.
    I give a urine sample at every appointment.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Me too. They test for glucose and proteins and anything else that might signal something is up. It's the first thing I do when I get to the dr which is good bc usually I have to pee pretty bad! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    I haven't given a urine sample since my 12 week appointment I think?
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @bnsmith85 @LMNOBaby @MRSCORKER @ibabyloveb87 Hmmmm. Maybe they don't bother since I was in and out of the ER so much and was always doing it there. I have my glucose test next appt tho. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @krzyriver My doctor doesn't do a urine test either.  He did at the first appointment and then never again.  I think it's common to do it monthly to check for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia, but not universal.
  • Just got back from a dr appt and I swear the pee thing drives me crazy!! It's like my body knows I'm 'aiming' and decides it's more fun to make it come out in 20 different directions. Ugh!! 

I have given a urine sample with every ob appt (with both pregnancies) because of protein, but I would take a guess that if anyone who doesn't get it done regularly' blood pressure would start to go up that they would start testing you. Pre e is both the presence of high blood pressure and protein slip in urine (I had it with first pregnancy so I don't think they'd ever not have me pee in a cup).
  • @krzyriver, that's wild!!!  I know this couple who have been together 11 years and counting.. The last time we were with them, she said to us "well you know I've been looking for a guy to date me, but every guy I meet just wants it to be about sex.  Alex and I aren't looking for that, I want a guy to date me, like romantically."  

It took me a while to process and understand.  We just nodded, but on our way home, I was like "did she just say she wanted a BOYFRIEND who isn't her husband and her husband is okay with that?"