Pregnant after IF

**2nd Trimester - Week of June 27th** New leader needed in 2 weeks!

PiperellaPiperella member
edited July 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:
@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!
@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean!
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16 with 1 girl!
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!
@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 girl!
@wenikilina EDD 10/28/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@sassysd7 EDD 10/31/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16 with 1 girl!
@ZoeFer EDD 11/14/16 with 1 girl!
@Rachd110 EDD 11/19/16 with 1 bean!
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16 with 1 boy!
@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16 with 1 boy!
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16 with 1 boy! 
@hskoien27 EDD ??/??/16

QOTW:  What is your favorite "family" or "baby related" television and/or movie?  

Re: **2nd Trimester - Week of June 27th** New leader needed in 2 weeks!

• PiperellaPiperella member
    edited June 2016
    Enjoy your long 20w ultrasound, @mskeenan.  I enjoyed every bit of it (especially since we don't have to have a full bladder on this one).  I'm glad your headaches are doing better.  I'm just as much of a sleepy person.. pregnancy has just magnified it.

I'm doing pretty well the past week.  Nothing much to speak of except I have one overactive baby in my belly.  I was able to record his movements in my stomach over the weekend.  I'm glad to know he's having so much fun in there.

AW moment:  I'm kind of sad that I'm not having a baby shower.  I'm slightly an introvert and my best friend lives far away, so I don't think I'm having one.  My mom said my aunts were going to do something but in the past they've been great talkers with good intentions, but no follow through.  I think we are planning to do a "sip and see" after we get home with the baby so everyone can meet them.  

My favorite show that features babies is "Young and the Restless".. don't laugh...haha!  I'm very judgmental of what babies they choose to look like the offspring of two characters.  I've also been trying to figure out what strollers and pack and plays they use on set.. My favorite kid on there right now is Faith, who also played the youngest daughter of Adam Sandler in Blended (another favorite).
  • Loading the player...
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited June 2016
    Hello fellow sleepy ladies :smile:

I had my 20 week mark on Friday, and just knowing I made it halfway was such a relief.
    This week will be quiet baby wise, no check ups. So I can keep going with making my apartment ready for the sales photos that will be taken on Thursday.

No babyshower here either @piperella, as it's not really something we do on this side of the ocean. People come and see the baby once they are born and eat 'beschuit met muisjes' google it ;)

I just told my mum the gender by sms as she is shopping with a discount card and wondered what I needed, so sent her a picture of a pink onesie...well grandma is going crazy apparently

QOTW:
    Full House I discovered on Netflix, so am watching all episodes! Love little Michelle.
    The Backup Plan also popped up in my head, probably because that's what I do..just without the Mr Right ;)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hello all! Week 24 tomorrow. I'm excited to hit 6 months and viability. I'm keep having shifts between super tired and super productive. I had a few days off from work and disinfected my kitchen, bathrooms and bedroom. I reorganized some closets and threw out a bunch of old clothes, put away clothes that aren't going to fit for a while and made all the clothes that do fit more accessible. Today, all I want to do is nap...

I have to give a shout out to DH. He was royally passing me off at the grocery store this morning. After we got home I wasn't feeling well (vomiting) he volunteered to drive me to my eye Dr. appointment and to Babies r Us, even though he has to be at work at 4. And looked at baby girl clothes with me. Then we git pizza. Such a good day! 

@piperella I'm sorry about the baby shower. I'm rooting for your aunts to get it together and throw you a shower. I feel that with everything all of us have been through trying to get pregnant, we deserve to celebrate. 

@mskeenan, enjoy the anatomy scan! I loved watching our little girl wiggle all around!

QOTW: I'm obsessed with the movie "What to Expect When You're Expecting". I can't get enough of that movie. 
  • Hi ladies! This Thursday is week 24 for me and I'm happy to report that I'm finally feeling movement! Such an amazing feeling and I can't stop smiling when it's happening because I know she's doing just fine. However, I'm noticing that I'm beginning to have more frequent headaches. Nothing too bad but it's annoying and I try to avoid Tylenol unless it becomes unbearable. 
    @mskeenan enjoy every moment of your anayomy scan, so amazing to see growth since you last saw your LO! For me, I don't get see my baby girl again until the growth scan at 32w. 
    @Piperella hopefully your aunts will surprise you! 
    QOTW: My favorite baby related movie is Knocked Up..watched a million times and still find it to be just as funny as the first 
  • Hello! Not much news for me to update you ladies on. I am 16w2d and still feeling really good. To calm my nerves through these long stretches of no doctor appointments, we got a doppler and used it for the first time last night. Baby boys heart rate was 150...I may or may not use it again tonight ;) Thank goodness I only have to wait one more week for our next check up!!

QOTW: I really enjoy watching Modern Family!! The different parenting styles are great.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• @erica0901 - So glad you heard the baby's heartbeat and it helped to calm your nerves.  Just be careful about overusing the doppler.  The doppler makes sound waves that are very loud and can be upsetting to the baby.  Try to limit the amount you use it.
  • @Piperella Thanks for the heads up! 
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    We had our Anatomy Scan today and it was amazing to watch the little one move, drink water, strecth and flip around. We found out it was a girl and we are extremely excited about it.
    I also started to feel baby movements and few kicks last week, mostly at nights or after lunch if i am sitting down. It is getting more real every week, unbelievable.
    QOTW:  recently i was watching Raising Hope and it s quite funny. I cant say that it s my favorite but i cannot think of any other at the moment :)
  • @ZoeFer congrats on team pink!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • HI Ladies... I'm popping over here too b/c I just hit 14 weeks today. EDD is 12/28/16 with a boy. Had NT Scan and bloodwork on the 16th and everything looks great. I cried when I heard the heartbeat for the 1st time. Hope you are all having a great week!

QOTW - I don't really have a favorite show with kids right now. I have been wanting to watch What to Expect when you are expecting b/c I think I will probably find it even funnier now that I'm actually expecting. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey everyone! A quick update on my little boy and girl. I am 22 and 6 days today. On Monday they found that have a short and funneling cervix. This is very scary. I am going to see my MFM weekly and am on progesterone again. I will get a cerclage only if I dilate 1 cm then bedrest it will be. I love reading your stories. 

I don't have a tv show. I did love to watch Outdaughtered and There goes the Motherhood. 

Me: 24 DH: 26

Together since October 24th, 2006

Married December 14th, 2011

TTC #1 since December 2011

First RE meeting 11/26/13 Tests normal for me DH low sperm count. New RE 11/2015

First cycle IVF: Jan 2016

01/2016: 20 days of BCP, Lupron started

01/28: 9 days of stims 150 units of gonal-f,  10 units of low dose HCG 

2/5: pregnyl 10,000 trigger

2/7: 15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized,  5 made it to blast

2/12: 5 day transfer of 2! PUPO! WiIl test everyday.  I'm impatient : )

2/19: Developed OHSS! Ahhh! 

2/22: First Beta @10dp5dt 778.    2/24: Second beta @12dp5dt 1800+

Blogging experience: http://themptycradle.blogspot.com
  • That is my worst fear @sassysd7, as I had removed a wee bit of my cervix to avoid cancer.
    How did they find out?
    Glad they keep a good eye out on you and follow you up closely. 
    Keep those babies in there!

AFM: I felt my little girl kick on the outside yesterday. I thought I wouldn't feel movement for a long time due to my placenta, but I've been feeling there was s fish swimming inside since 18 weeks. 
    But yesterday I was laying on the sofa and the swimming fish started again so I put my hand on my belly and she kicked me twice! So fantastic!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Hi Ladies! I am pregnant with boy and girl twins. My EDD is October 28th. I was recently directed this way to check out a specific post and I'd like to join in.
     @sassysd7 What is your cervix measuring? I am having concerns of my cervix as well. At 23 weeks I have found out that my cervix has gone from over 4 cm on a previous scan to 3.04 cm on Wednesday and 2.5 cm, just two days later, on Friday. I am not dilated. But having frequent BH contractions. Clinic sent me to L&D for monitoring. I was given Nifedipine to relax my uterus and slow contractions. After a few hours I was sent home with advice to be a "couch potato" for the weekend and resume normal activity after two days. No mention of bedrest. I feel unsure of her advice. She seems to think my contractions will stop in two days, when I have had them since week 16, and they have been becoming progressively more frequent. I do have a follow up appt on Thursday. Doc said if my cervix is to shorten more, cerclage would still not be considered due to being pregnant with twins. I agree - very scary. Are you taking it easy? When is your next check?
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• @wenikilinaI am 23 weeks and 1 day today with my EDD as Oct 31st! I am so excited to see that you are having a boy and girl too. They found out last Monday so I went back Thursday and today. I will be going back weekly. My cervix is 20.9 mm so 2.0 cm with Baby A’s head right on it. I have had no change, though we did find out that I have dynamic funneling so the inside opens and closes at will. It doesn’t however close all the way back. I also have frequent Braxton Hicks. Bedrest and a cerclage only if I dilate. My work schedule has been reduced to 3 8 hr shifts instead of my 3 12 hr shifts. I am kind of taking it easy. It is easy to do that since I work 3 days and am off 4. I prefer bedrest and a cerclage so I will stress this with my doctor next time. Today I saw his partner. I am also taking progesterone.

@tvh1982 We went for our anatomy scan and she happened to check it since she couldn't get a clear picture. Thank goodness she did that. This is my first too and I was never told I had a short cervix.

Me: 24 DH: 26

Together since October 24th, 2006

Married December 14th, 2011

TTC #1 since December 2011

First RE meeting 11/26/13 Tests normal for me DH low sperm count. New RE 11/2015

First cycle IVF: Jan 2016

01/2016: 20 days of BCP, Lupron started

01/28: 9 days of stims 150 units of gonal-f,  10 units of low dose HCG 

2/5: pregnyl 10,000 trigger

2/7: 15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized,  5 made it to blast

2/12: 5 day transfer of 2! PUPO! WiIl test everyday.  I'm impatient : )

2/19: Developed OHSS! Ahhh! 

2/22: First Beta @10dp5dt 778.    2/24: Second beta @12dp5dt 1800+

Blogging experience: http://themptycradle.blogspot.com
  • @sassyd7 and @wenikilina I'm so sorry for yalls concerns ! That does sound very scary . But I'm glad you are both being closely monitored . I'll be thinking of you both and praying that all is well !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • My midwife didn't seem to be to concerned when I had my anatomy scan @sassyd7, so she didn't check.
    She said I would feel a pressure eventually should it be to short.
    But I feel so much different things in my body it is hard to know what one must feel.
    I'm considering to call my RE office, as my doctor there said they could meassure me if I feel like I am not in good hands, but he told me with todays surgery it is quit unlikely they removed that much...so I should be fine.
    Still when I then read others have it, I freak out a little :smile:
    So thank you for the update!