February 2016 Moms

Milestone Monday

I haven't seen one of these in awhile. What's new and exciting with your LO? My little guy has discovered his feet. He's also belly laughing a ton now, which is THE best sound in the world (unless it's 3am). He's rolled a few times in both directions and seems to be getting the hang of it, but would much prefer to sit up or stand (supported, obviously).

16 weeks today.

Re: Milestone Monday

• Kimbarbour08Kimbarbour08 member
    edited June 2016
    My LO is all giggles and smiles lately! He loves silly sounds and story time, and seems to now be ticklish on his neck and ribs. He has rolled over belly to back and back to side so far. He has been sleeping in his own crib/room for a little over a month now and usually only wakes up once during the night for a half hour or less. And he muches on his hands nonstop! Must be teething! He's pulling himself up into sitting position all the time. We are Jehovah's Witnesses and went to his first Regional Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses this weekend, and he did great. And, on a blah note, he got his first ear infection last week.
  • hnullhnull member
    My daughter is 16 weeks. She's rolled over back to belly on her left side (all the way to tummy) for about 3 weeks now. She constantly does it. Diaper changes are challenging and no more letting her lay on the couch. She finally rolled over all the way back to tummy on her right side twice yesterday but nothing today. She hasn't rolled belly to back in like a month and a half though:( found her feet this week! Loves holding toys and pulling hair! She loves standing up and sitting up. She also is an observe and takes things in! Doesn't sleep longer than 2 consecutive hours at night (hasn't for about a month now). Anyone else have this problem? She is breastfed so I know they digest it faster so get hungry sooner, but boo!
    shes getting fun, cannot believe our babies are around the 4 month mark!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @hnull we have that same sleep problem and it's killing me.  :s I used to consider 5 hours a bad night and now I'm happy if she makes it to somewhere near 3. She's finally napping well (consistently 45 min minimum but more often in the 1-2hr range) so I think I've set up some terrible nursing sleep associations at night. I've read a ton and am going to start shortening night nursing sessions by a couple of minutes (and see if she can still fall to sleep after), work on letting her fall to sleep for naps on her own, and make sure I'm feeding enough during the day (and maybe add a dream feed before I go to bed). I've obsessively kept data on sleeping and eating since birth so it looks like she does best with about 2 hours of nursing during the day

On a happier note, she's a pro at rolling off her belly and onto her side from her back, is full of belly laughs, really gets excited to see me, her Daddy and grandma, and can get her feet and toys into her mouth! She's not drooling much but she loves to chew on everything. She's also up longer during the day and is way less fussy and so much fun:smile:

• hnullhnull member
    @mwmiller4 glad I'm not the only one, but sorry you are up so much! She used to give me 3.5 hours then every 2 after that. Now, every two like clock work (she gets like 5-6 feedings at night alone) although last night only 3 (don't wanna jinx though) she only eats 2-4 minutes at a time during the day and like 3-7 at night so I'm glad she is eating more. She's gaining weight good and has tons of wet diapers and at least 1 dirty a day..she just eats fast! I dream of the day I get a 4-5 hour stretch of sleep lol. 
  • 20 weeks! My LO has found his feet, learned to roll over from belly to back, giggles like crazy, drools like crazy, smiles, chews his hands, and luckily is still sleeping through the night. I run on Dunkin donuts iced coffee though, being a mom is exhausting. His little personality is developing and he's so much fun to be around! 
  • mwmiller4 said:
    @hnull we have that same sleep problem and it's killing me.  :s I used to consider 5 hours a bad night and now I'm happy if she makes it to somewhere near 3. She's finally napping well (consistently 45 min minimum but more often in the 1-2hr range) so I think I've set up some terrible nursing sleep associations at night. I've read a ton and am going to start shortening night nursing sessions by a couple of minutes (and see if she can still fall to sleep after), work on letting her fall to sleep for naps on her own, and make sure I'm feeding enough during the day (and maybe add a dream feed before I go to bed). I've obsessively kept data on sleeping and eating since birth so it looks like she does best with about 2 hours of nursing during the day

On a happier note, she's a pro at rolling off her belly and onto her side from her back, is full of belly laughs, really gets excited to see me, her Daddy and grandma, and can get her feet and toys into her mouth! She's not drooling much but she loves to chew on everything. She's also up longer during the day and is way less fussy and so much fun:smile:

Glad I'm not the only one who obsessively logs every feeding, nap, and wet/dirty diaper. I feel like I would guess so wrong if I didn't log this info constantly. It also helps me see when something is abnormal.

LO is starting to grab at things/try to hold them and I catch her calmly staring at me all the time when she's quiet. When I look at her she smiles really big. It makes me feel special like she's in awe of me. She rolled over belly to back at 4 weeks old but doesn't try to roll anymore and hasn't done back to belly ever. Idk how to encourage more rolling/independent movement.
  • haylyrhaylyr member
    Our little dude is 18 weeks. I wrote in a while ago about getting ready to transition him to the crib, as he is rapidly outgrowing his R&P. He's napping in the crib some, and we've tried him overnight twice so far - the issue is that he wakes himself up/freaks himself out when he rolls into his tummy while asleep! One night he didn't wake up after rolling, and slept for an hour face down... I was having a heart attack the entiiiiire time, hah. So, my milestone is that he's getting the hang of it... I can't believe how fast he's growing!
  • My LO is 4 months and has changed so much in the past two weeks!  He rolled back to belly on his 4 month birthday and rolled belly to back this morning.  He is a belly sleeper which initially had me going into his room practically every hour, but I'm more comfortable with it since he sleeps with a pacifier.  LO enjoys playing with toys and figuring things out on his own...the face he makes is hilarious!
  • haylyr said:
    Our little dude is 18 weeks. I wrote in a while ago about getting ready to transition him to the crib, as he is rapidly outgrowing his R&P. He's napping in the crib some, and we've tried him overnight twice so far - the issue is that he wakes himself up/freaks himself out when he rolls into his tummy while asleep! One night he didn't wake up after rolling, and slept for an hour face down... I was having a heart attack the entiiiiire time, hah. So, my milestone is that he's getting the hang of it... I can't believe how fast he's growing!
    My girl will no longer sleep on her back.  She either side sleeps or sleeps booty in the air and face down.  Our doc said it is okay.  I do check on her before bed and if I wake up in the middle of the night I stare at the monitor to make sure she is breathing well!  

My LO just wants to roll back to belly all of the time.   At least now she will do tummy time for 20 minutes or so without fussing.   I'm just waiting for her to consistently do belly to back, then we will be trouble because she will be a rolling fool.  
  • hnullhnull member
    @middy411 i would put my daughter on her side some times during playtime. She also sleeps on her left side so I think that's why she rolls back to belly so often. You could try putting your baby on her side and see if that does anything! I haut put her on her side once or twice a day!
  • DD is 19 weeks, she's really got the hang of rolling back to front on both sides.  We're still working on the front to back thing, but tummy time is much better now!  Her new thing was the rolling in her sleep, she'd wake up every couple of hours and be pissed because she was on her tummy.  Now she's really settled in to sleeping on her side or tummy and is sleeping even longer than before she was rolling.  We're getting 9-11hrs a night plus solid naps, it's crazy but I'm so thankful because I was going nuts.
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited June 2016
    Anybody's babies saying mama or dada yet? I saw on the weekly update that they can start this around 4 months. My LO is still just all vowels (ah-ah-ahhh & ooooo & uuugh) but I'm not concerned. Just curious if anyone has heard these words yet.
  • smn14smn14 member
    edited June 2016
    My LO says 'muuuuu' a lot but just random noise choice I think! Her first tooth is about to erupt tho...4 months on Wednesday 
  • Miss LilacMiss Lilac member
    edited June 2016
    Mine says mama - but I'm honestly not sure it's intentional. He's been playing around with consonants for probably a couple of weeks now.

He's also up a bit more at night, but he's growing like a weed and happy as a clam so I really don't care. I don't know why you'd try to cut back on feeding a hungry and developing 4 month old. 

ETA: He stayed sitting up with no support this weekend! 19 weeks today.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• No words yet, but I love watching LO's facial expressions while he "talks."  Sometimes he looks so serious that it cracks me up!  No teeth yet, either, but we had our first medical scare...thought he had hand, foot, mouth disease based on some symptoms and the fact that our friend's son had it.  Fortunately, it was just a mild virus.  
  • Jacob is sitting up unsupported very well for aabout 30 -45 seconds at a time. No teeth yet, but I suspect any day. He says muumma when he's crying, but I know he don't know what he's saying. However it doesn't make hearing it warm my heart any less. He laughs and smiles so much. He loves to look at the dogs. 
  • jarob747 said:
    Jacob is sitting up unsupported very well for aabout 30 -45 seconds at a time. No teeth yet, but I suspect any day. He says muumma when he's crying, but I know he don't know what he's saying. However it doesn't make hearing it warm my heart any less. He laughs and smiles so much. He loves to look at the dogs. 
    So cute! Mine belly laughs at the dogs when they walk past him and every now and then has a full on giggle attack while looking at them. 
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Our LO is 20 weeks and has rolled over from back to belly in both direction since about 1 month ago, he hasnt rolled back from belly to back does it usually take that much longer? He's drolling like nobodies business and chews at his binky and tries to eat his entire hand but no teeth yet. He smiles a ton and he has giggled a few times but not consistantly even when we try to make him laugh is a hit or miss...
  • vdanesem said:
    Our LO is 20 weeks and has rolled over from back to belly in both direction since about 1 month ago, he hasnt rolled back from belly to back does it usually take that much longer? He's drolling like nobodies business and chews at his binky and tries to eat his entire hand but no teeth yet. He smiles a ton and he has giggled a few times but not consistantly even when we try to make him laugh is a hit or miss...
    Every baby is so different. Our LO rolled belly to back at 4 weeks old but has done it less and less since then. She has yet to roll back to belly but she seems to have no interest in rolling. I need more incentives for her lol. She just cut her first tooth this week (19 weeks) and the second is trying to pop through now. I have friends with 10 month old babies who just got their first teeth. She's super alert, smiley, and strong. Her favorite thing right now is growling (sometimes kinda scary!). She has had pretty great head control since birth and I feel she seems and acts a bit older than she is. But again, every baby is so different.
  • Loans rolled from back to belly but not belly to back.he has two teeth he got a week apart and seems to be getting another soon.he still loves naps and is quick to let u know he's tierd.he goes from super happy to screaming "nitenite".he's trying to sit up,if he's propped on a pillow he will do mini vcrunches till he's up but can't sit fully on his own.he turns 5months tomorrow.my first two where saying Dada and ball and mama by now so they r defiantly all different! !!
  • Liam* sorry autocorrect gone wrong lol